Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

I’d rather live in a country with no guns. I’d MUCH rather live in a house with no guns. But at this point I’m considering buying a subcompact revolver to concealed carry whenever I go out to a crowded public place. The frequency of these shootings, as well as the lethality, has dramatically increased in the past decade. 

• Like 2

People die in wars.

especially when they have not figured out that a war is what they're in.

"best be ready"
...  that time has passed. The enemies of this country do nothing but enable our murders, fan the flames and wave the ****ing bloody ****ing flag from their ****ing churches while they do it.

~Bang

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

the thing is most people can distinguish it as fiction. it doesn't really lead to gun violence.

I can't cosign to that lack of correlation without CDC being allowed to do research on it.  

I'll give an example: my dad watched John Wick 3 the other day and said it wasn't that it wasn't good, its that he'd seen all that mass killing stuff before, it had gotten old to him.  It's not about it being fiction, the repetitive realism of the non-stop violence from the media has absolutely changed the level of expected shock value.  Ya, most people won't commit mass murder, but no doubt in my mind our culture has facilitated an environment where this is the new normal, it's not crazy or shocking anymore, and that's for multiple different reasons given the complexity of the issue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Do you REALLY think that domestic violence cases are going to be used to deny white men gun ownership?

Some states already do it.  https://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/who-can-have-a-gun/domestic-violence-firearms/

It's a multi-step process but it's definitely a part of the solution, and unlike a ban, which is just a complete non-starter with the GOP, it's hard to drum up sympathy for domestic abusers, and then even if/when the GOP stops those laws, it's terrible politically, and could assist in getting more reformers in office.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

There's no doubt in my mind someone went out of their way to pay him for his stance.  Someone walks into a GOP fundraiser and starts clipping folks they way people are doing it in walmart parking lots, maybe we get some traction.  Thing is, I don't want that, it will be tit for tat at that point, we're talking assassinations in that case, that's the last thing we need.  The second we except changing our government with bullets instead of ballots, we're done.

Maybe if Trump takes two in the ass from one of his supporters.

Outside at work yesterday evening and I noticed that for the first time,I was focused on the lot. I watched trucks and cars pull in and out with folks walking towards the entrance. I was very much aware of my surroundings. The videos from El Paso still in my mind and how the shooting started outside the Wal Mart.  I work not that far away,as the crow flies,from a site of a mass shooting several years ago. I live and work in a state with open carry,(people coming in to the store with weapons has increased recently and I'm sure after this weekend there will be more. Sigh).  This area has its share of white nationalists too.  I've refused customer service for them on more than one occasion.  An assistant manager and I discussed El Paso and where we work. We agreed that this wouldn't be the best place for a mass shooting,but anything could happen and vigilance would be a good idea. It's an interesting feeling that I know many on twitter were feeling and sharing yesterday after El Paso. 

• Sad 1

I just read through an internet thread that claimed the El Paso shooting was a "false flag" due to the reports of multiple shooters and people changing clothes.

Let's go through a 2nd Amendment change via political process thought exercise. The 10% or less of folks who are "pry my guns from my cold hands" may go crazy.

We have had more mass shootings (8 people dead) in America in the past 24 hours than occurred in the 50s, 60s, 70s.

7 minutes ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

His supporters would rename their churches.

Youd have crosses with his fat ass on it instead in a week if that happened.  Trump the martyr, died for our right to be racist AF : /

Edited by Renegade7

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Someone kills Trump I guarantee someone will kill Bernie.  It's not worth it.

I didn’t say kill.  I’m saying if one of his supporters suddenly has a bad day and doesn’t like what Trump has to say or thinks Trump isn’t going far enough and takes a couple shots at him, or even just does so by accident, Trump might have a sudden change of opinion on guns. On the other hand he tends to ban guns at his rallies already, so if something like that ever happens it would most likely be somewhere less formal.

I’m not saying this should happen, I’m just thinking about an unlikely, but possible hypothetical situation where it might change Trump or the GOP’s position at least for a little while.

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

I’m not saying this should happen, I’m just thinking about an unlikely, but possible hypothetical situation where it might change Trump or the GOP’s position at least for a little while.

The example of Steve Scalise came up a second ago, a year later about a dozen pipe bombs get sent to democratic leadership.  I want to agree with you, but history so far doesnt : (

2 hours ago, Skintime said:

I'd bet that they are in favor of a Civil War for their benefit.

Scary thing ink is knowing which side has more guns and are more proficient with them.

35 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I’d rather live in a country with no guns. I’d MUCH rather live in a house with no guns. But at this point I’m considering buying a subcompact revolver to concealed carry whenever I go out to a crowded public place. The frequency of these shootings, as well as the lethality, has dramatically increased in the past decade. 

If you do, learn how to use it.  Go to the range ALOT!!!  Romberg it’s 10% having the gun and 90% being good at using it.

I’d like to reign in the 1st amendment the way many want to with the 2nd.  Websites like 4chan and what not should be shut down.  Crazy conspiracy bull**** driving hate needs to be squashed.  And well **** like Trump says sometimes should be illegal.

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’d like to reign in the 1st amendment the way many want to with the 2nd.  Websites like 4chan and what not should be shut down.  Crazy conspiracy bull**** driving hate needs to be squashed.  And well **** like Trump says sometimes should be illegal.

The government isn't necessary to shut these websites down. Ideally you want search engines to delist them, for most major user hosting companies to not serve them and for social media companies to block their rhetoric.

All of this is happening to a very limited extent right now. Google for instance delisted 8chan a long time ago, but 4chan isn't. Reddit banned white nationalist subs but the_donald is still active. Facebook, twitter and youtube banned InfoWars, but they are still not devoting enough resources to monitoring and rapid response against BS conspiracies and fake news. CloudFlare stopped hosting the biggest neo-nazi digital magazine TheDailyStormer, but they still host 8chan.

This is mostly up to tech companies to figure out how to limit. You can never completely rid the internet of white extremist garbage, just like ISIS and Al-Qaeda still have an online presence, but you can make it very hard for vulnerable people to fall into their trap and become radicalized.

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I just read through an internet thread that claimed the El Paso shooting was a "false flag" due to the reports of multiple shooters and people changing clothes.

One of the greatest things about the whole gun controversy is that the GOP and NRA are intentional about stirring up the stupid and crazy. Seems like a good idea.

I am reading on twitter that 8chan is very radical. Just today, they have posts there about how to create chemical weapons.  All I know is, 8chan is an offshoot of 4chan, and was created because 4chan wasn't radical enough. Think about that for a second.

It seems to be similar to Isis or Al Qaeda websites, but catering to White extremists. So why has it not been labeled a terrorist website yet?   All these White terrorists have been using these websites for a while now.  From what I recall, the Synagogue terrorist from last year was also another 8chan guy.

• Like 2