Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

21 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I didn't even hear about anything in regards to sexting little boys.  I've seen him on Maher's show, couldn't stand listening to him.  He's still got a following.

Talk loud, be brash, don't apologize for anything and you can go far, apparently.

He really didnt lose alot of popularity until he said he thought a young boy in a sexual relationship with a grown man is healthy. 

27 minutes ago, twa said:

many people have jobs that remove/disfigure finger prints

Hold up really? What kind of job does that mess? 

I thought I hated my job!

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

He really didnt lose alot of popularity until he said he thought a young boy in a sexual relationship with a grown man is healthy. 

Yikes...well, I'm not surprised by much anymore, to be honest.  A guy like that still has a following.  And I am sure it's a rabid one.  After a comment like that, people who still attend his speeches, buy his books, follow him on twitter, etc, must agree with him.  

32 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Having spent the last few minutes reading back through the suspect’s twitter account, this seems like a specific targeting of this paper and not a Trump-motivated attack on journalists.

Wish people wouldn’t jump to conclusions, it just distracts from the basic fact that Trump is still a piece of **** and his attacks on journalists are anti-American. 

You think Trumps rhetoric has zero effect on him? That's just silly. 

He was clearly a loon. And it was clearly personal. But the media was his enemy and the president told him they were. Be real. 

I just have so many thoughts about this...

Skimming Visionary’s linked tweets about this guy; This is why mental health will never work when discussing guns.  All the warning signs are there, ALL of them.  Nothing can be done because this is America and unless you shoot someone with a gun then you’re allowed to own one.  Especially if it’s a shotgun because sometimes rednecks like to shoot animals with them and hang their heads on their walls and make jerky out of their carcasses.

****s sake.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, visionary said:

It's not really at all the same, though there is some cross over with the harassment and threats women get online.

What does that mean?  I would agree that some people get more, but when you've got disturbed people leaving you death threats on your personal line are we drawing an arbitrary line somewhere to determine acceptability of that?  People that get big enough to get noticed online get some crazy hate.  Some might deserve it, but deciding who that is outside of obvious ones like Nazi's quickly turns ghoulish. 

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Yikes...well, I'm not surprised by much anymore, to be honest.  A guy like that still has a following.  And I am sure it's a rabid one.  After a comment like that, people who still attend his speeches, buy his books, follow him on twitter, etc, must agree with him.  

****s wild right? Yea hard to be surprised by it.  

9 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Hold up really? What kind of job does that mess? 

I thought I hated my job!

Working with machinery and/or hot equipment will callus the finger prints and cuts and scrapes can leave them changed.  I’m no forensic scientist so I don’t know to what degree they will change, though.

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

You think Trumps rhetoric has zero effect on him? That's just silly. 

He was clearly a loon. And it was clearly personal. But the media was his enemy and the president told him they were. Be real. 

All I’m basing this off of was the guy’s actual thoughts and words. Zero anti-media Trump related content. A LOT of ****ing crazy stuff related to the paper he attacked. There’s literally nothing to suggest this was politically motivated or anti-media. Nothing. Don’t muddy the waters. 

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

What does that mean?  I would agree that some people get more, but when you've got disturbed people leaving you death threats on your personal line are we drawing an arbitrary line somewhere to determine acceptability of that?  People that get big enough to get noticed online get some crazy hate.  Some might deserve it, but deciding who that is outside of obvious ones like Nazi's quickly turns ghoulish. 

The internet is a scary place.  And while I'm not a fan of the large, mainstream media (CNN, Fox, MSNBC) I feel differently about the smaller, local media outlets.  People who have their little photo splashed on the paper each day next to the column they wrote, or online with their email address below.  They're in the public eye, but not far enough removed from the people who are reaching out to them every day.  Visionary posted a tweet of a woman reporter who gave an insight into what her inbox looks like, it was pretty nasty.  So someone who's at a paper like this one in Annapolis is a bit of a public figure, probably known in the community yet they still have to look at their inbox every day and deal with the crazies out there, they don't have anyone who does that for them.  They're certainly more accessible, as we've learned today.  

8 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

All I’m basing this off of was the guy’s actual thoughts and words. Zero anti-media Trump related content. A LOT of ****ing crazy stuff related to the paper he attacked. There’s literally nothing to suggest this was politically motivated or anti-media. Nothing. Don’t muddy the waters. 

What Llevron is saying is that it could have been influenced.  I don't necessarily agree, but the possibility exists.  You don't have to have pics of a guy wearing a MAGA hat to draw a conclusion.  

It comes on the heels of Trump and Milo, the timing is a bit uncanny. But lost in the fray is the links to the tweets I posted, looks like this guy was in court last week or even today and lost an appeal and went off the deep end.

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Working with machinery and/or hot equipment will callus the finger prints and cuts and scrapes can leave them changed.  I’m no forensic scientist so I don’t know to what degree they will change, though.

bricklaying, body work, woodworking,dishwashers working with certain chemicals such as calcium oxide....and a host of other things including disease and some cancer treatment.

I have lost mine many a time, they come back unless the damage is severe.

you can't change them but they can be scarred

last time I renewed my drivers license they were gone, which was fun with the usual DMV folk

21 minutes ago, Destino said:

Just saying that journalists get death threats and threats against their family for being journalists these days at least.  Nothing to do with acceptability, it's never acceptable, but the nature of the threats and the reasons for them are different then random famous people or unpopular folks online.  And journalists also get threatened and intimidated at campaign rallies or protests and such as well with little protection, often just for reporting on what is happening.

Edited by visionary
  • Like 1

Yeah, looks like this guy was just a ****ing nut. Politicizing this event and making it into something it wasn't could do more harm than good. Trump's rhetoric is dangerous. We'll be lucky if something like this doesn't happen because of his words. This particular event doesn't appear to be it though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The internet is a scary place.

Understatement.  Lunatics, predators, sexist psychopaths, racists, and others have access people they would never have had otherwise because of social media and the online environment.  And they have that access anonymously, so they are free to threaten and target anyone. 

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

So the tweet a few pages ago...

Oh. And common sense. I'm not muddying anything. We been telling yall these crazies would show up and yall said they wouldn't. Now that they have you wanna pretend that you dont know why. 

18 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

What Llevron is saying is that it could have been influenced.  I don't necessarily agree, but the possibility exists.  You don't have to have pics of a guy wearing a MAGA hat to draw a conclusion.  

It comes on the heels of Trump and Milo, the timing is a bit uncanny. But lost in the fray is the links to the tweets I posted, looks like this guy was in court last week or even today and lost an appeal and went off the deep end.

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Trump made him. I'm saying Trumps rhetoric for sure didnt help. We know that for sure.

4 minutes ago, Llevron said:

That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying Trump made him. I'm saying Trumps rhetoric for sure didnt help. We know that for sure.

No, we don't.  

Yeah, I'd say it's likely that Trump's intentional, systematic, sustained stoking of hostilities likely had some effect.  (I mean, come on, claiming that it had zero effect is both an extreme position, and impossible to prove.)  

But is it possible he does the same thing, without Trump's encouragement?  Yep.  

So, I'd consider it "likely, but nor certain".  

Just now, Larry said:

No, we don't.  

Yeah, I'd say it's likely that Trump's intentional, systematic, sustained stoking of hostilities likely had some effect.  (I mean, come on, claiming that it had zero effect is both an extreme position, and impossible to prove.)  

But is it possible he does the same thing, without Trump's encouragement?  Yep.  

So, I'd consider it "likely, but nor certain".  

Literally said we know it didnt help. Explain to me how it helped. I'm not sure why I have to argue something so obvious. I know it's not nice to point fingers. But come on man. 

Just now, Llevron said:

Literally said we know it didnt help. Explain to me how it helped. I'm not sure why I have to argue something so obvious. I know it's not nice to point fingers. But come on man. 

Sorry.  I also saw the phrase "We know that for sure.".  But on second reading, I think I get your point, now.  I misread you.  

Just now, Larry said:

Sorry.  I also saw the phrase "We know that for sure.".  But on second reading, I think I get your point, now.  I misread you.  

Naw it's cool. I dont express myself as well as some others on here so its partially my fault too.