Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

General Mass Shooting Thread (originally Las Vegas Strip)

The Sisko

11 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This thread hadn't been bumped since June 5, twenty-three days ago.

Just so you are aware, since June 5, there have been 20 fatal mass shootings.  TWENTY in 23 days. 

don't doubt you, but can you source this?

30 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I wouldn't have thought that shootings in which at least 4 people are shot would turn out to be so numerous as to seem too vague a category.  I guess I never really put much thought into it at all really, but that list includes dive by shootings, street gang shoot outs, mass murderers, spree killers, and family annihilators all on the same list.  Technically they certainly all fit, and at the same time they're extremely different. 

It certainly works to drill the point home that groups of people are catching bullets entirely too often. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

****ed up how they cant wait to politicize it. 

EVERYTHING is politicized immediately because it sets the narrative out of the gate. 

The problem is that too often in these situations it backfires because once the real motive comes out it can fly counter to the narrative which then leaves them scrambling. Like Las Vegas which the Right were convinced it was Islamic, then it ended up being a white guy. So then they had to start the false flag bull****.

Objective truth does not matter to them...the ONLY truth that matters is narrative truth, every objective truth must be tailor fit to match the established narrative.

This is where we are at today, and it's proved time and time again.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Let's be real, the Tailgate is waiting to politicize it, too.  

Just now, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You mean it might turn out that this guy wasn’t just listening to Maxine Waters?

****ed up, but I laughed.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

It certainly works to drill the point home that groups of people are catching bullets entirely too often. 

Agreed.  I'm not a fan of technicalities in regards to what is or is not a mass shooting.  Anyone who's been to one funeral can tell you how much one by itself absolutely sucks.  When we talk about the number of people that get shot in categories and statistics, the human toll can absolutely get lost.

17 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I'm not even sure what this means. 

Trump has gone out of his way to demonize the press, hinting at violence.  I'm suprised something this took this long, regardless of the motive, the line is getting moved further and gut her back in this country. 

What do yall expect someone like CNN or Washington Post to say if it is one of those whacko right-wingers that did this?  What are they supposed to say when it eventually does happen if that's not the case this time?

3 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Interesting that Hannity must have completely forgot when Trump called the media America's biggest threat.....or Milo's media thing.  Ah well.

This has already been politicized, I don't get some other people's concern that's where we'really heading, we're all ready there.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This has already been politicized, I don't get some other people's concern that's where we'really heading, we're all ready there.

I don't think either side should do it, but what's worse is singling specific people out as if only one side makes dumb statements.  Hannity is probably going to go on and on about Maxine Waters for the next 48 hours yet probably never bring up Trump trying to turn the press into an "enemy of the people"   MSNBC will probably go vice versa.  And no, I don't put what Maxine Watters said on the same scale as Trump's vomit-world salad. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1