Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Let's Talk about Pets

d0ublestr0ker0ll

"Yes. A glass of your finest red wine and some fresh tuna please. And do hurry."

Lucky. Big grey,(18 lbs),one of two rescue kitties that my wife got just before we met,(again),in 2010. I've been adopted since coming here in 2012 by the two of them and the dog. Though apparently I'm taking too much time getting him his wine at this moment,(just took this a few minutes ago). 

luckywinebarrel.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Thanks. 

The Queen of the house. Shelby. 12 years old now and can't see worth a darn in low light and a bit limpy,but a happy older gal never the less. Likes to be the "older lady" on the front porch these days until it gets hot. Speaking of which,I'm being reminded right now that it's time to go there,(some yips from behind me from said pup dog). 

shelbyfrontyd.jpg

• Like 5

Btw, I have a friend with 5 kittens up for adoption June 10th. They're cuties...if you are anywhere near ATL and want a kitty....I spent a couple of hours with them. They get oodles of love and attention, so they're used to human contact. I have more pics and videos if needed. 

20180514_152544.jpg

• Like 2

Has anyone here had or know anyone who has had positive results using CBD oil on their dog.

My dog is almost 15 years old and has several health issues.  I was reading about the CBD oil doing wonders for joints, mass reduction, and other issues so just curious what others think?

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Has anyone here had or know anyone who has had positive results using CBD oil on their dog.

My dog is almost 15 years old and has several health issues.  I was reading about the CBD oil doing wonders for joints, mass reduction, and other issues so just curious what others think?

Have you already tried a Cosequin supplement? 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Have you already tried a Cosequin supplement? 

He's currently on 120mg of Vetoryl for the Cushings and he takes a combo pill daily that has 1500mg of glucosamine, 1200mg Chondroitin, and 500mg of MSM.

For an old dog he does pretty well, the Vetoryl has helped but not as much as I hoped and I've read some articles recently about CBD being helpful in shrinking masses and swollen glands so thought it might be worth a shot.

Edited by JSSkinz
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

Once one of my dog got to that age and was having joint issues, I switched her to this food.  HUGE difference.

https://www.petsmart.com/dog/pharmacy/veterinary-diets/hills-prescription-diet-j%2Fd-joint-care-small-bites-dog-food---chicken-5273946.html?utm_id=500|pg126895|402453644347&gclid=CjwKCAjwxZnYBRAVEiwANMTRXwbBbOERsyxTyig8pUXcG6sKyuVrTIk2HxGXoM5nwXOMauJWjwm6YBoCjgUQAvD_BwE&lsft=utm_source%3Agoogle%2Cutm_term%3A5273946%2Cutm_medium%3Acpc%2Cutm_content%3AGSC - High - KOI%2FMAP - Hardgoods | Dog%2Cutm_campaign%3AGSC - High - KOI%2FMAP - Hardgoods&utm_medium=cpc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I just started 3 of my senior dogs on hemp oil supplements. Too soon to see results.

Buy some smelt (sp?) fish from a seafood market (little sardine sized fish) and add 2 or 3 to his food. I buy it 2 or 3 pounds at a time and freeze it. Pour water over the few I need each time for a couple minutes and it thaws them out enough to be eaten (yes, I feed them raw, heads and all). The omega3 will help with joints and heart health.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2018 at 5:13 PM, JSSkinz said:

My parents use to give shotguns to a dog we had after we found out she had a degenerative hip disorder back in the day.  I can't speak to your question exactly, but I can tell you what my parents did totally helped.