Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Sean McVay Tracker

Riggo-toni

30 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Premature prediction i know, But im going to stick to it. They are not just beating people, they are beating people and making it look effortlessly . All the pieces are in place for a dynasty type run

What about their D?  38-31 last night and if captain fumble doesn’t fumble late??  Who knows?

1 hour ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Watching Cousins pass and McVay coach was depressing last night, To think they both began their career here and we let talent like this walk..../sigh

This is very true.. exactly what I was thinking while watching the game..mcvay should be our head coach and Jared Goff our qb somehow...cuz I'm thinking we did the right thing with kirk 

Yeah, I was really hoping we could keep McVay on the team, even if it meant parting ways with Gruden.  I like Jay, but the team doesn't play with a fire in their belly consistently enough for me.  Unfortunately we are seeing what Cooley talked about years ago when McVay was elevated to OC for the Redskins - the dude is just a really natural coach and play caller.  Go for the jugular? No problem - order up a fake punt and sling it into the end zone.  Too bad the receiver didn't really make a play for the ball, otherwise the defender probably would've gotten an pass interference on that one.  McVay coaches with brass balls - Gruden coaches not to lose.  Big difference.

I feel like there is no way we could keep McVay, as much as I like him, and would love to see him be our head coach.  His character is so high, he would never accept a position, if it would have cost Jay his job. Hopefully, one day he will come back around. Until then, I will always root for him. He is a prodigy. 

35 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

This is very true.. exactly what I was thinking while watching the game..mcvay should be our head coach and Jared Goff our qb somehow...cuz I'm thinking we did the right thing with kirk 

I Disagree when it comes to Cousins but thats a discussion for another thread (Trust me though this will end up much worse than when we let trent green walk). But to your point of Jared Goff, wow, I can't think of any QB in the league who makes it looks easier than Goff. I don't know if the guy has little to no emotion, or he's just a big dude with a strong arm but something about his play style is so effortless , He makes it look like he is barely trying or almost like he is throwing against a practice squad that is not giving 100%. I know LA is loaded at WR but still, Its really something to watch, Very Joe Montana like

3 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

I Disagree when it comes to Cousins but thats a discussion for another thread (Trust me though this will end up much worse than when we let trent green walk). But to your point of Jared Goff, wow, I can't think of any QB in the league who makes it looks easier than Goff. I don't know if the guy has little to no emotion, or he's just a big dude with a strong arm but something about his play style is so effortless , He makes it look like he is barely trying or almost like he is throwing against a practice squad that is not giving 100%. I know LA is loaded at WR but still, Its really something to watch, Very Joe Montana like

I was amazed at a number of throws he made last night - the one to the WR in the corner of the end zone, or the one where he practically threw it on a rope up the seam right over the defender and on target.  I was very jealous :); it's amazing what two years under McVay has done for Goff.  

27 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Any way, we've already kicked mcvays ass and can do it again.. especially with our defense better this year..Goff did say the most difficult defense he faced last year was ours soooo Nana Nana boo boo stick ur head in Doo Doo..

:pint:Pass what you're drinking buddy :)

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

While McVay appears to be the truth, he's got a LOT more talent in LA than he ever had here. Goff is a former #1 pick. Gurley is probably the best RB in the league. Donald won DPOTY. I doubt we'd be having the same kind of success with McVay here.

A lot of truth in there, but he’s one of the few cases where I can say it’s visible the influence he has over the offense and particularly what’s happened with Goff.  It’s almost not fair how much talent they have coupled with what he’s doing.  Last night, getting Barr matched up with WR’s and Gurley 3x’s for TDs.  Phew.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

A lot of truth in there, but he’s one of the few cases where I can say it’s visible the influence he has over the offense and particularly what’s happened with Goff.  It’s almost not fair how much talent they have coupled with what he’s doing.  Last night, getting Barr matched up with WR’s and Gurley 3x’s for TDs.  Phew.

Agree they have talent but Goff was a train wreck before McVay showed up. The confidence that he has given that franchise and the improvements he made with Goff are why the team went all-in and loaded up with talent like cooks, Peters, Suh, Talib etc to make. Run in the next 2-3 year window 

McVay is one of a handful of coaches that a dramatic difference makers which is clearly why he was so well thought of and rose thru the ranks so quickly. He’s special 

Man, imagine if we had a greatly improved defense, AND Sean McVey.  He used to be our guy....*sigh*, cant believe we let him go.  Our offense was so dominante under him, but we had a bunch of people whine that for one season we werent good in the red zone.  Like a young guy wouldnt make mistakes and couldnt figure it out later.  Everyone talked about how special he was here.

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

While McVay appears to be the truth, he's got a LOT more talent in LA than he ever had here. Goff is a former #1 pick. Gurley is probably the best RB in the league. Donald won DPOTY. I doubt we'd be having the same kind of success with McVay here.

Lets remember the talent level McVey had last year, and what they did.  He makes the talent look that much better.  in 2016 Gurley was terrible, so in 2017 McVey inherits that, inherits the very mediocre Jared Goff, and a receiving and TE core that consists of really one decent WR.  The 2016 Rams offense was terrible.  In one season he turned it from terrible to top of the league with most of the same talent.

The better talent came AFTER he transformed them not before.

7 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Goff may have been a former number 1 but a lot of number 1 picks have been busts. As a rookie, Goff was 0-7 and threw more picks than TDs.  One rumor in 2017 was that Kirk was going to go to LA. In 2015, Kirk was turning into an interceptus but by he was starting to look near elite. While he has Gurley, he had DJax, Garcon, Reed and Crowder here, in LA he has Kupp (a 3rd last year), Woods (pick up from Buffalo last year)  and now Brandon Cooks.  If Robert Kelly had been our starter the whole season, he'd probably have gone for over 1000 yards.  If Matt Jones wasn't a Mr. Fumble, he'd have almost certainly been a 1000 yard+ guy.

• 4 months later...
8 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Will this be the new, "I told you so" thread? 😝

I had one of those from 2012 that I bumped 4 or 5 times. The thread title was We need to draft 2 QBs, and I posted it right after the blockbuster trade to move up to take RG3.  There were about 5 straight pages of people calling me an idiot. I bumped it after we picked Cousins, and read all the ES posters subsequently **** and moan about what they saw as a wasted pick.  Then I bumped it again when RG3 got hurt in the Baltimore game and Cousins came in and won. I think the last time I bumped it was after the You Like That game.

Ooo look, I found it.

8 hours ago, heyholetsgogrant said:

Will this be the new, "I told you so" thread? 😝

Darn right! In his first 4 games at a head coach I said he was going to change the game. Got ridiculed for it. And here we are. 

PS. I should get a GM interview for seeing how great he was going to be.

On 9/22/2017 at 11:18 AM, Warhead36 said:

I'm not annointing a dude after three games.

Chip Kelly looked like a genius early too.

I do think McVay will be a good one though.

On 9/22/2017 at 12:11 PM, Riggo-toni said:

I'm not anointing him yet either - hence the thread is tracking how he does to see if he turns out to be the golden boy or not.

I'm still not annointing him.

He's at least a very good coach.

But I'd like to see how he does without a roster full of all-stars, built and bought for a Super Bowl run.

I'm certain that multiple coaches could have gotten his roster to the Super Bowl.

Sean McVay was never going to be Redskins coach, unless Gruden was super successful and he stayed until Gruden retired.  You don't fire your head coach and then promote from his staff.  If the Skins had done that this board would of exploded with the "my god that's not how you do things"

Archived