Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Trade Snyder Sign" was unneccessary

OURYEAR#56

Originally posted by OURYEAR#56

Nect year we will get the depth.

Next year we will get the CB to replace Champ, some starting DT's and DE's and another RB. We still will not be able to work on depth just yet. We have many holes to fill at the starters position. I don't want to say bust but Jacobs has not shown anything and is showing maybe he wasn't worth the 2 round pick when we have other needs.

Originally posted by ktball74

Ouryear, I agree with you on what you said. I think Dan has brought the talent in to succeed. I was just posting the last DE pick.

He has brought in talent, the question is it the correct talent? Look at Trotter he is a much better blitzing LB, we never blitz him here and at times he looks lost. Look at the kid we just shipped to Houston for DW, now he is a stud DT which we needed. These are all examples of where we need a legit football mind to make the decisions not an owner playing fantasy football.

That sign was a tasteful display of the disgust that many fans are feeling with this season. Not only was it a necessary avenue for this woman to express her feelings it is a message Mr Snyder needs to take to heart. If he continues to run this team into the ground many fans won't be holding up signs at redskins games, they will be enjoying watching another team win. There is a playoff contending team right up the road that is chipping away at the Maryland base of redskins fans. Mr Snyder will soon wake up to see all of his money in Baltimore if he continues his arogant method of managing this team.

Originally posted by Kilmer17

You Snyder haters take the cake.

Snyder has offered the GM job to both Wolf and Beathard in the last 2 years. Both have declined. Not just this GM position, but others as well.

But keep making stuff up. Your lies will keep you warm this winter.

Kilmer17 as much as I support your stance on the geo political front, I have to disagree here. Danny Boy should be bashed for the way he has put together and run this team. I loved the sign and hope to see more in 2 weeks. I don't care if the Skins win another ball game(except Dallas) this year.

A) I want SOS gone, Period!

B)I want to see Danny Boy hire a GM and get his small prick self out of the Fottball end of things

C) I want to see Armstead, Trotter, B Smith, and Gardner and any other high priced piece of $hit gone next year.:2cents:

It seems that alot of people think hiring a GM will automatically mean better drafts and personel decisions. I submit that the draft is a crapshoot no matter who is making the picks. The Draft History database provided by the creators of this marvelous site clearly shows that even the great Bobby Beathard got more wrong than he did right. In his 10 yrs as GM he selected 18 D-linemen. Only three were any good. Manley, Mann, and Grant. (None are headed to the HOF) That makes 15 blown picks. Some of these were 2nd rounders too. It is not an exact science.

The SB XVII team had more free agents on it than any other SB team in history if memory serves me. (i.e. guys we didn't draft)

Roster limits and the salary cap prevent teams from keeping enough good depth on a team these days.

So whattaya do?

Whoa! Ax delivers the blow. He points out the unexact science that drafting is and the safer bet of signing free agents, with documentable evidence. I'm not saying SNyder is a GM, but I think this past off-season proves hes learning the ropes. I firmly believe you do not build your team entirley through the draft. You use every tool at your disposal. Snyder did and then some. We've drafted some good ones (Arrington, Samuels, Jansen) and signed some good ones (Coles, Hall, Bowen). A play here and a play there and we don't even have a discussion like this. We're 8-4 or 9-3 and positioning for the playoffs. Part of the reason Spurrier got $5 mil a season is he puts fannies in the stands with his reputation. That allure has worn off and he'll have to get the most out this team the rest of the way. He needs to prove he can win division games. Motivation--we want to win every game left, we want to even our division record, we want to pay the Bears back (Urlacher TD pass...), and we want to play spoiler to the Cowboys and Eagles. I can think of more.

Snyder is learning, and I like Snyder in the fact that he does spend his $$. However, it would be nice to see someone that knows a little more about football than Snyder and his gay-pal Vinny C. make the decisions about where Danny's money is going. I'm all for spending the $$...if you got it, and can get around the cap, do it. But let football people make the personnel decisions. Danny needs to stay out of it, and open up that checkbook. The team is making $$, and he is doing well in that aspect of his job, which is of great importance to him. But obviously, teh team is struggling on the field (bad luck or not), so let someone else make the decisions.

I've been a Skins fan for 20 years and have pulled for them through the great years of the 80's and the really bad years of the mid 90's to today. I can take this team losing if I thought ownership had a clue. It's obvious that money can't buy you brains, otherwise "Little Napoleon" would be as brilliant as Einstein. He may be a shrewd businessman, but he's a worthless owner and has taken this franchise to the brink of destruction that will take decades to overcome. Spurrier might not be the perfect fit for this team, but he understands football. Snyder and Cerrato and the front office have no idea how to run a professional sports franchise. It's time for Redskins fans across this country to boycott the team. Stop buying apparel, stop buying tickets and stop watching the games. This boycott will continue until Daniel "But I love this team and that's all I have to do, oh, sorry I traded Brad Johnson, Stephen Davis and signed Deion and Darrell Russell" Snyder sells the team to someone who understands pro football . Hey, Joe Gibbs, wanna buy a football team of your own? :gaintsuck

Archived