Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1953 Yankees, 1960 Canadians, 1996 Bulls.....2017 Philadelphia Eagles

Westbrook36

If the Eagles win the rest of their games to go 15-1, and then go on to win the Super Bowl, they have to be in the discussion for the greatest team of all time, right?  

Right now your your stomach is churning because the thought disgusts you, yet you realize it is correct. 

39 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

If the Eagles win the rest of their games to go 15-1, and then go on to win the Super Bowl, they have to be in the discussion for the greatest team of all time, right?  

Right now your your stomach is churning because the thought disgusts you, yet you realize it is correct. 

No, our stomachs are churning because you're here,and you disgusts us.

fd9b121fe493c4457987473d0bc2c1e7--footba

1 hour ago, Westbrook36 said:

You mean in the discussion of the second greatest team of all time. They are definitely having a '91 Redskins type of season so far, but you realize the greatest of all time would be incorrect.

https://www.foxsports.com/nfl/gallery/best-super-bowl-winner-ranking-greatest-team-nfl-history-cowboys-redskins-49ers-patriots-list-012517

And I'm sure the same people would say the '91 Redskins would blow the tail feathers off the '17 Eagles.

But nice try Westy.

8 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

And I'm sure the same people would say the '91 Redskins would blow the tail feathers off the '17 Eagles.

But nice try Westy.

WB is a grenade-tosser, for sure. 

For sake of an argument that can never be settled, do you really think if magically the 1991 team could play the 2017 team they would beat them?  I would think not, just because I think the players are bigger, stronger and overall faster.  The issue would be what set of rules they would play by as the teams were/are obviously built differently.  91 skins team was dominant even though the NFCE was really good that year. 

Gents, we are all friends and I am a reasonable man. Let’s all agree that if the Eagles win out they are in the discussion for most dominant teams of all time; we don’t need to definitely proclaim them as the greatest team of all time right now. Plenty of time for that later for the football historians. 

14 minutes ago, Westbrook36 said:

Gents, we are all friends and I am a reasonable man. Let’s all agree that if the Eagles win out they are in the discussion for most dominant teams of all time; we don’t need to definitely proclaim them as the greatest team of all time right now. Plenty of time for that later for the football historians. 

:eagles_suck:  :eagles_suck:

BQ8wS9lCMAEBnXb.jpg

11 hours ago, pointyfootball said:

WB is a grenade-tosser, for sure. 

For sake of an argument that can never be settled, do you really think if magically the 1991 team could play the 2017 team they would beat them?  I would think not, just because I think the players are bigger, stronger and overall faster.  The issue would be what set of rules they would play by as the teams were/are obviously built differently.  91 skins team was dominant even though the NFCE was really good that year. 

Well in that sense, today's players are also softer.  Rules have changed so much.  Using 1991 rules, today's teams would all be walking wounded.  Also, even though the eagles are good, they are only just better than a fully healthy Skins team.  The 1991 Skins in 3 playoff games had a 61 point differential.  We had #1 O and #1 D.  Bigger, stronger, faster helps, but it wouldn't matter against a team like the '91 Redskins.

6 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

If they go 17-1 and win the SB, we can talk. Hell, if the lose their final meaningless game against the cowboys and win the SB, we can talk about it.

But they have to win a bunch more games, including some tough outs against the Rams, Vikings, and probably either the Atlanta or Carolina in the playoffs. 

If if they do it, hats off to them.  

But it if not, they might go down Luke the 1998 Vikings who went 15-1 then choked away a playoff game against the falcons, and ended up in the Missing Rings “America’s Game” episode.

i kinda think Philly karma will lead to missing rings.  But the future is still unwritten...

13 hours ago, pointyfootball said:

91 skins team was dominant even though the NFCE was really good that year. 

Skins were a dominant team in '91, but I think they get overlooked somewhat even by Skins fans because of the lack of the signature win leading up to the SB. While the 82 team had the victory over Dallas, the 83 team the nail biter over SF, and 87 featured the Darrell Green leaping punt return at Chicago, the 91 team played two teams in Atlanta and Detroit which never really did anything of consequence in any other year during that timeframe. Within the division, Dallas was clearly ascendant, but the Eagles, despite having a great D, lost Randall Cunningham the first game of the season, and the Giants were in their first year of Ray Handley, who made the curious decision to start the season with Jeff Hostetler over Phil Simms. Joe Montana also was injured for the whole season in SF.

This isn't to discount the Skins dominance that season, but it might have been made a lot more interesting...................

8 hours ago, Westbrook36 said:

You said earlier that our stomachs are churning because the thought disgusts us. What really disgusts us (if the Eagles make it to the SB) is having to root for either the Patriots or the Steelers. 

giphy.gif

8 hours ago, Tom [Giants fan] said:

The conversation about the Eagles being one of the greatest teams of all times did not last long.

Tom, regardless of the rest of the season, the 2017 Eagles are already the greatest NFC East team of all time, besting the 86 Giants, 91 Skins, or any of the Cowboys teams of the early-to-mid 90s. 

Good thing for Philly is that they appear well set-up to at least get a first-round bye (although I would anticipate Wentz is done for the season) and have a fairly easy schedule the rest of the way....their toughest opponent might be the last game against Dallas, who might not have anything to play for. And it provides a potential interesting story for Foles, the former Eagles starter, to come in and lead the team in the playoffs. 

Archived