Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

Dallas offense looks the exact same as last year.  Heavy does of Elliot, use pass protection to setup easy high percentage dumpoff passes, throw an occasional deep pass when the WR is wide open.   I don't blame them, I'd keep doing it until teams can consistently stop it too. Just making a point that it pretty much looks like the same Cowboys team out there. 

Also, as mediocre as Cousins looked today. Eli Manning has managed to look even worse.

1 hour ago, SkinsFTW said:

I thought the Giants were supposed to be good?

Dallas' defense is garbage yet Eli can't put up any points?

People underestimate this defense.

They got several pass rushers back healthy, Smith is healthy, our secondary is younger. Keep in mind, arguably two of our best pass rushers come back week 3 and week 5.

The Giants went into the offseason with a top-notch defense, an aging franchise QB, one of the best WRs in football, a couple of other good weapons, and a terrible OLine.

Their decision to basically ignore that line and then draft a TE who can't block has to go down as one of the more head-scratching strategies in memory.

Eli just might be done as a top notch starting QB in the NFL. Time for the Giants to look at drafting his heir apparent in the 1st round.

Their offense is literally OBJ and nothing else. As bad as we looked today, they looked worse, against less talent on D(although the Cowboys are very well coached on that side of the ball and Marinelli maximizes what he's got).

22 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Dallas offense looks the exact same as last year.  Heavy does of Elliot, use pass protection to setup easy high percentage dumpoff passes, throw an occasional deep pass when the WR is wide open.   I don't blame them, I'd keep doing it until teams can consistently stop it too. Just making a point that it pretty much looks like the same Cowboys team out there. 

Also, as mediocre as Cousins looked today. Eli Manning has managed to look even worse.

Such a weak vague uninformed assessment.  The defense looks much better.  With or without OBJ we just dominated the one team that gave us fits last year.  If it's the same team that went 13-3, I'm ok with it but you're wrong.  Dak struggled mightily vs this one team and managed the game well.  If you think all Dak does is "dump off" you're just bitter and uninformed.  You don't go 14-2 as a starter by "dumping off every play with an occasional deep pass to a wide open receiver"... that's just pathetic even for a skins board.

10 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Their decision to basically ignore that line and then draft a TE who can't block has to go down as one of the more head-scratching strategies in memory.

True, but who was there for them to draft? This was a weak o-line class. They should have done something in free agency though. 

5 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

True, but who was there for them to draft? This was a weak o-line class. They should have done something in free agency though. 

You answered your won question. But, again, using a 1st round pick to make the problem worse was big mistake. And there were guys in the subsequent rounds who could have helped.

Archived