Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

41 minutes ago, zskins said:

Only as a personnel consultant though. They still have a GM Dorsey. Scot has worked with him before though. 

Well, heard he was good in that role.  The Browns have corrected their disaster of a front office.  Next year, they will get to correct their disaster of a head coach.

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

The NFC East is 13-8 in Super Bowls.  They have the most wins, most appearances, and the best W/L % in the era...by far.

Meh.......lot of those happened before '96 largely due to the Cowboys and Skins. Since the league went to four divisions per conference in 2002, NFC East has met its quota of four appearances in 16 years......going 3-1, all against the Pats Empire. The NFC South and NFC West have five appearances each during that stretch.  

The worst part about the end of the Super Bowl isn't even the Eagles fans anymore. Steelers fans are flipping out now that their Super Bowl win lead is out of danger. I've disliked a lot of teams and their fans, but Steelers and Eagles fans will always be my most hated fanbases. More than even the Seahawks'.

15 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Meh.......lot of those happened before '96 largely due to the Cowboys and Skins. Since the league went to four divisions per conference in 2002, NFC East has met its quota of four appearances in 16 years......going 3-1, all against the Pats Empire. The NFC South and NFC West have five appearances each during that stretch.  

I guess I was just betting with my heart.  Not for a moment did I give proper thought to that Panthers SB run a few years back.

Good point!

Epic game. Back and forth all game. No one expected Foles to shine like that. 

Thought it was funny Darrel Green brought out the trophy. Absolutely puzzling why Bellicek decided to sit Butler.

Some interesting/weird/funny commercials this year too. That Honda commercial made zero sense to me.

8 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Those "great" Philly fans. There's just a couple of bad apples.

Expect more trouble with the Lane Johnson beer giveaway. Pandemonium here we go !

4 hours ago, JSSkinz said:

I don't get why people burn down their cities and loot their local businesses.

Such an odd way to celebrate.

Too much lube

I haven't been this hungover for this long since I was in college in philly.  Never would have thot eagles win a game where pats never punted and Brady had those stats.  Beside Foles, most impressive to me as an Eagle fan was how Doug coached.  I loved Andy Reid as a coach but it is obvious he couldn't coach like this.  No way in hell does he go for it on 4th and 1 from our side of the field with 5:00 to go. Also, Doug gets all the credit, but good teams have great asst and position coaches and I think that's especially true for eagles this year.  

Great win by a team that I have enjoyed watching more than any other eagles team going back to like 2003.

debating going to the parade.   It will be a madhouse and is 3 hours away, but what the hell I can get a free beer!

Cheers,

PF

p.s.  Did DG look nervous carrying that trophy or was that just me?

23 hours ago, NickyJ said:

The worst part about the end of the Super Bowl isn't even the Eagles fans anymore. Steelers fans are flipping out now that their Super Bowl win lead is out of danger. I've disliked a lot of teams and their fans, but Steelers and Eagles fans will always be my most hated fanbases. More than even the Seahawks'.

I have to live around these clueless seacawk fans right now.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:29 AM, NickyJ said:

Iggles to the east of me

Yinzers to the west

Here I am - stuck in the middle with you.

10 hours ago, eaglesfandan said:

It will be interesting to see what they do with Foles.

Foles is gone, most likely.

There's no way that after playing generally well in the playoffs, playing great in the Super Bowl, and winning SB MVP, that Foles will happily go back the bench when Wentz returns and just sit there the whole 2018 season.

And there's no way the Eagles will bench Wentz, who was on his way to possibly being the NFL MVP before he got hurt, and was out for the year. Not if they are smart.

I can see Foles and his agent forcing a trade.

Archived