Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

At least you've seen one. I'm turning 30 this summer, and all I know is misery, and psychotic trades and signings 

I turn 27 in April. I was about to turn 10 months old when Super Bowl XXVI happened. 

No football championship since '92

No basketball championship since '78

No baseball championship since '24 (or '33 if you count the league pennant)

No hockey championships ever

Just...damn it all...

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No.  I've read that Wentz won't be ready to play at the beginning of season; so the Eagles will not be trading Foles. Foles earned his money.  Foles will get his shot in 2019.

You keep saying that, but the odds are he's ready to go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000913976/article/carson-wentz-starting-2018-season-for-eagles-realistic

And if someone offers a big deal for Foles, they'd be dumb to turn it down and let him go for nothing in a year. Sign another backup.

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

You keep saying that, but the odds are he's ready to go:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000913976/article/carson-wentz-starting-2018-season-for-eagles-realistic

And if someone offers a big deal for Foles, they'd be dumb to turn it down and let him go for nothing in a year. Sign another backup.

You guys are worried about nothing. The Cowboys will have their stud RB back, the  Giants will have new coaches, the Eagles will have two starting QBs to choose from...but we'll have Alex Smith and Bruce Allen!

Remember when we brought Scott in as GM, Kirk had an amazing year, Reed was like the 2nd best TE in the league, had basically 2 thousand yard receivers and our 3rd guy was crowder. Made the playoffs and the sky was the limit. That seems ages ago and only this organization can purposely want to go backwards.

5 minutes ago, dyst said:

Remember when we brought Scott in as GM, Kirk had an amazing year, Reed was like the 2nd best TE in the league, had basically 2 thousand yard receivers and our 3rd guy was crowder. Made the playoffs and the sky was the limit. That seems ages ago and only this organization can purposely want to go backwards.

Don't worry buddy, we're doing the Patriot thing now.  We've signed our selves and old QB we traded away a good player before he got to pricey.  No stopping us now. 

6 minutes ago, dyst said:

And now Scot is going to be advising the Browns. :doh:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_champions

Well, The Eagles now have joined the list of teams that won at least one Superbowl.

The Teams that haven't won a Superbowl

1. Vikings: 0-4

2. Bills: 0-4

3. Bengals: 0-2

4. Falcons: 0-2

5. Panthers: 0-2

6. Chargers: 0-1

7. Titans: 0-1

8. Cardinals: 0-1

9. Browns: 0-0

10. Lions: 0-0

11. Texans: 0-0

12. Jaguars: 0-0

I think the Vikings, Falcons, Panthers, Titans, Texans and Jaguars have the best chance to join Philly at first time winners within the next 5 years.  Browns could also join them, depend on what they do in the draft and who Hue Jackson's eventual successor is. 

8 minutes ago, dyst said:

Browns hired Scott.

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

Don't worry buddy, we're doing the Patriot thing now.  We've signed our selves and old QB we traded away a good player before he got to pricey.  No stopping us now. 

And his name is easier to pronounce. Never underestimate the importance of that.

You don't see people like kabir baja thrilla in manilla (or whatever his name was) winning SB's

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

And his name is easier to pronounce. Never underestimate the importance of that.

You don't see people like kabir baja thrilla in manilla (or whatever his name was) winning SB's

Roethlisberger though....

3 minutes ago, Destino said:

Roethlisberger though....

Doesn't count. Were like the most obese country on earth, so naturally, the first think people will think of when they see his name, will be cheeseburger, so they'll probably be 5x more likely to commit it to memory, making it a common name.

Trust me on this

Archived