Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, eaglesfandan said:

Kinda like how they got a first round pick for Bradford lol

Bradford was always a good QB, just a question of whether he could stay healthy. Foles has been available before, no one wanted him. One big game isn't going to bring a "bounty" for the guy.

6 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Vet-Min plus incentives for Rufus' virginity. Or reserve futures, non-guaranteed. 

I offer no guarantees, so I can't demand any guarantees. 

Good for the Eagles, that ****ing organization is run well from top to bottom. As a Skins fan, it annoying to see them recover after the Chip Kelly years and now get to the Super Bowl so quickly, but realistically, I wish we had their owner/management talent in place here.

19 minutes ago, dyst said:

Good for the Eagles, that ****ing organization is run well from top to bottom. As a Skins fan, it annoying to see them recover after the Chip Kelly years and now get to the Super Bowl so quickly, but realistically, I wish we had their owner/management talent in place here.

Took them 2 seasons. 2. We are a joke 

Yeah Foles was good early on. You could see a clear difference between him & Keenum in the game today.  Foles looks like a guy that could be a starter in the NFL, where as Keenum looks like a guy who lucked into a situation on a team that could mask his weaknesses until prime time zapped him back to reality.

That eagle defense is the truth, as much as it pains me to say it.  Held the Falcons to 10 and the Vikings to 7.  They might give the Pats a respectable fight.  Not sure they'll get enough pressure on Brady to stop him, nor do I think lightning will strike twice with Nick Foles.  That defense might be able to keep it close most of the way, though.  

15 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Yeah Foles was good early on. You could see a clear difference between him & Keenum in the game today.  Foles looks like a guy that could be a starter in the NFL, where as Keenum looks like a guy who lucked into a situation on a team that could mask his weaknesses until prime time zapped him back to reality.

So if you’re the Vikings, do you let him leave and ride with Bridgewater?  And if you are a QB needy team, do you offer Keenum good ($20+ million/year)?

Is Foles under contract?  Or is he going to also all of a sudden have value?

IF the Skins decide to move on from Kirk, I’d try and sign Keenum.  He’s better than any other available QB, and better than McCoy.

8 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Foles had a great 2013 and was playing well in the first half of 2014 before getting hurt. Only reason I can see why he didn't do well with the Rams in 2015 was because Jeff Fisher sucks. 

Foles had one great season when Chip Kelly took the league by surprise. The next year, he was mediocre, at absolute best.

Bradford, Keenum, even Austin Davis put up solid numbers under Fisher. Foles could not.

No one wanted him as a starter in 16 or 17. In the regular season, he was embarrassingly bad. Against Atlanta, he eked out a win because the easy INT he threw bounced off a defender's knee and straight to his guy. Then, today he was great.

Does that make him worth a "bounty"? In an offseason where there will likely be 5 1st round QBs int he draft, Kirk Cousins will likely be available, and Alex Smith, AJ McCarron and two of the Minnesota guys certainly will? 

I never bet against the tendency of NFL teams to do really dumb things, but trading significant value to put your faith in Nick Foles seems unlikely even by those standards.

14 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

So if you’re the Vikings, do you let him leave and ride with Bridgewater?  And if you are a QB needy team, do you offer Keenum good ($20+ million/year)?

Is Foles under contract?  Or is he going to also all of a sudden have value?

IF the Skins decide to move on from Kirk, I’d try and sign Keenum.  He’s better than any other available QB, and better than McCoy.

If I am the Vikes I might try to retain two the three QB's on the roster, but which two are the cheapest option.  Have the Vikings said publicly at all yet that despite all that has happened in last 18 months they still view Bridgewater as the franchise QB going forward or has that gone out the window?

I still think Bradford would command more on the open market than Keenum.  Maybe the Vikes try to keep Keenum & Bridgewater (present & future) and Bradford is the odd man out?

I suppose the tricky part is working this out when all three guys have been pretty successful as a Vikings QB.

5 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The Eagles got to the Superbowl with Foles, just imagine how they will be with a healthy Wentz next year.

They're legit, as are the Vikings. The Rams are young, could be a good deal better. As long as Brees holds up, the Saints are improving. If the Falcons can just get back some of the offensive rhythm they had under Kyle S, they could be better than all of them. The Pack gets Rodgers back. Not to mention Carolina, Seattle, San Fran was 5-0 with Garappolo, the Cowboys are 22-10 the last two year, the Lions had back to back 9-7 seasons....

This is why I tell people not to count on better health and a couple of tweaks meaning the Redskins get far next year in this conference. 

30 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

They're legit, as are the Vikings. The Rams are young, could be a good deal better. As long as Brees holds up, the Saints are improving. If the Falcons can just get back some of the offensive rhythm they had under Kyle S, they could be better than all of them. The Pack gets Rodgers back. Not to mention Carolina, Seattle, San Fran was 5-0 with Garappolo, the Cowboys are 22-10 the last two year, the Lions had back to back 9-7 seasons....

This is why I tell people not to count on better health and a couple of tweaks meaning the Redskins get far next year in this conference. 

True, but you also have to look at how the Redskins looked against these teams before their injuries piled up to an obscene amount, coupled with the fact that they will also be drafting and signing free agents. It's not like all the teams listed above will be able to keep every player and/or their trajectories will only go in one direction.  Every team is going to go through ups and downs because that is the nature of the modern era of the NFL. It is actually designed to not let a small handful of teams remain elite for too long.  The Pats seem to be the exception but once Brady retires, we will see.

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

True, but you also have to look at how the Redskins looked against these teams before their injuries piled up to an obscene amount, coupled with the fact that they will also be drafting and signing free agents. It's not like all the teams listed above will be able to keep every player and/or their trajectories will only go in one direction.  Every team is going to go through ups and downs because that is the nature of the modern era of the NFL. It is actually designed to not let a small handful of teams remain elite for too long.  The Pats seem to be the exception but once Brady retires, we will see.

We looked good against the Saints but lost. We beat the Rams, but I'm not convinced they were ready to hit their stride at that point. The Vikings and Eagles to me looked just superior to us. And we also have a tendency to play badly against worse teams. So I think the "played good against good teams" thing ends up being a lot less valuable than people think it is. I see us a middle of the pack team right now, nothing more. That's in the league. In the conference, we're less than that.

I  said that I believe the Redskins need more than a few tweaks, so projecting them getting better with Free Agents isn't relevant to what I said. For the record, though, we don't really have the cap space to get better that way without recklessly mortgaging against the future. Nor is there reason to be excited about what this Front Office can do.

I have questions about Seattle for next year, which is why I listed them as kind of an afterthought, but I don't think they'll just become bad. And I mentioned Brees' age. For the rest, though, I thought I was kind of clear that I don't think they're likely going anywhere, and that many of them could easily get better. And I'm not talking about with acquisitions, I'm just talking with pieces they have. The Redskins aren't the only team that will try to improve int he offseason. None of those teams have tremendous cap, age or Free Agency issues. 

Things change year to year and some teams will have issues, while others will get better. But we're in a conference with enough strength that a lot of it could struggle and it would still be extremely tough. 

2 hours ago, MusicCitySkin said:

Well, if you would have asked me at the beginning of the season which two teams I would least prefer in the Super Bowl, my answers would be the Eagles and Patriots. So, I won't be watching.

Same for me here, can't support a team that has a culture of cheating since the 1982 snowplowgate, and which has suffered such ridiculous sanctions.

Maybe the Eagles will have something to put in their empty trophy case, and we won't be able to make fun of them about it no more.

So we're going to crown the Eagles? Yes, they're kicking ass this year, but its only been for a year. If I remember correctly, didn't they suck last year? Didn't almost every team in the NFCE make it to the playoffs except them? I expect them to fall back from orbit after getting thrashed by the Pats.

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

So we're going to crown the Eagles? Yes, they're kicking ass this year, but its only been for a year. If I remember correctly, didn't they suck last year? Didn't almost every team in the NFCE make it to the playoffs except them? I expect them to fall back from orbit after getting thrashed by the Pats.

That's the spirit!!

Archived