Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

20 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

What’s skol clap suppose to mean

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2018/01/what_is_a_skol_chant_the_history_of_the_minnesota.html

Definition: Skol is a Danish-Norwegian Swedish word for "cheers" or "good health." It is used to express friendly feelings toward one's companions before drinking.

Where it comes from: The Vikings became associated with the term "Skol" when the team was founded in 1961, as the term was part of the team's fight song. The Vikings' fight song goes:

"Skol Vikings, let's win this game,

Skol Vikings, honor your name,

Go get that first down,

Then get a touchdown.

Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Skol Vikings, let's go!"

Maybe it's better with music?  lol

Doesn't explain why suddenly the "Skol" is suddenly all the rage in Minny though.  I've certainly never heard it mentioned until recently.

The Jags need an upgrade over Bortles, but at the same time they also don't need to go out and spend 100 million to get an upgrade that is efficient enough to get the job done.  The Jaguars were in a "score a TD and the game is over" situation for the last quarter and a half, yet they had to call the offense to keep it away from Bortles until the final couple of drives out of necessity.  It was a chore to watch.

We need the Vikings to win and stay healthy if we want a good Super Bowl.  By good I mean the Pats losing.  No chance Foles can keep the Eagles in a Super Bowl against the Pats right?  I might just be experiencing a little NFCE bias though.  

4 minutes ago, Destino said:

We need the Vikings to win and stay healthy if we want a good Super Bowl.  By good I mean the Pats losing.  No chance Foles can keep the Eagles in a Super Bowl against the Pats right?  I might just be experiencing a little NFCE bias though.  

No, you're right.

Archived