Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2017 Game Day Thread

zCommander

2 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Chiefs looked good on that drive too. It is crazy how smooth both offenses looked on their first possessions. While ours looked like turmoil and garbage I really hope we look anywhere as smooth.

Did you see how many time Brady missed wide open WR on those first couple of drives? If it was us people would be saying the season is over already...lol

The Pats offense might not be considered a "WCO" because Brady throws a lot of deepish passes, but something that is impressive is how every single pass whether it is 30 yards or 3 yards is designed to be thrown to someone in stride.   It makes a huge difference when a dump off pass is thrown to a guy in full stride which allows them to keep running as they catch, get to a corner and turn it into an 8 yard gain opposed to dumpoff routes where someone just runs a few yards out and waits stationary.

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

It baffles me as to why has Andy Reid stuck with Alex Smith for so long.  

He's a serviceable QB, but more of a "game manager" (I hate using that term). Reid would rather stick with the one who you brought to the dance than gamble on anyone else.

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

He's a serviceable QB, but more of a "game manager" (I hate using that term). Reid would rather stick with the one who you brought to the dance than gamble on anyone else.

True. A game manager type of QB only works if your O is good and your D is damn good. 

Archived