Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

34 minutes ago, duffy said:

I really like Hernandez, but I could see him creeping up into the first or close to it. 

Very true, but this is the time of year when almost everyone "creeps" into the 1st round. Few players crash and burn based upon combine numbers, but many others suddenly become creepers. I agree that Hernandez looks to be a mean, determined, and capable day one starter and certainly could deserve to be a first round selection. But, I'm hoping that he'd still be around for Rd2p13

31 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Ed O was an idiot and should’ve told Guice no when’s Guice was adamant about playing. He’s a warrior. His injury history does not concern me. Fournette was more injury prone.

I'm not especially worried about his injury history but his potential injury future. I've mentioned this before but I'm a bit worried about his running style at his size at the next level. Defenders will be bigger, faster, and hit harder. I love the way he runs, but it concerns me a bit as far as potential concussions or other injuries. If he were a 245 lb bruiser It wouldn't concern me as much but at 5'11 212 lbs I'm just not sure he'll be able to stay healthy running the same way for long in the NFL. That being said, I love the guy as an RB.

So Crowell and Wadley along with splitting time with Thompson and hoping that Perine can lean down (if possible) to gain some quickness and speed.  Interesting.  Don't know if that's possible for Perine but it would be nice.  I'm more so on the Penny Train.  Penny for your thoughts?

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

So Crowell and Wadley along with splitting time with Thompson and hoping that Perine can lean down (if possible) to gain some quickness and speed.  Interesting.  Don't know if that's possible for Perine but it would be nice.  I'm more so on the Penny Train.  Penny for your thoughts?

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about Penny. I think he's definitely a good RB but for some reason he doesn't really "pop" to me when I watch him on film as much as the other upper tier RBs in this class, but maybe that's just me. 

I think Rahsaan Penny, has supreme vision, has soft hands, is smooth and subtle with his jukes/feints, and is a certified assassin in the return game. 

Hes been more productive than Guice; albeit at a smaller school, is faster than Guice, and doesn’t take as many hits as Guice. Just my first impressions when comparing the two.. I think Penny if he’s there in the 2nd is a better value than Guice in the first. I’ve done extensive research on the subject, lol, #thenextmelkiper

8 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I think Rahsaan Penny, has supreme vision, has soft hands, is smooth and subtle with his jukes/feints, and is a certified assassin in the return game. 

Hes been more productive than Guice; albeit at a smaller school, is faster than Guice, and doesn’t take as many hits as Guice. Just my first impressions when comparing the two.. I think Penny if he’s there in the 2nd is a better value than Guice in the first. I’ve done extensive research on the subject, lol, #thenextmelkiper

I've been hoping to grab James or Fitz for a while now, but I don't think either will be available at 13. 

Without a 3rd round pick, I think we need to come away with a RB in the 1st or 2nd. I don't think anyone who will move the needle will be there in 4th. So, assuming we do not make a trade, do we grab a RB in the 1st or 2nd? 

I really think that we need to get a run stopper early as well (unless we add one in FA), so the question is will Settle be there in the 2nd? 

If so, you're probably looking at your choice of one of the top RBs (Guice, Jones, Michel) in the 1st and Settle in the 2nd vs. a combo of Payne/Vea and an RB in the next tier like (Chubb, Penny) if they're even available. 

I'm really hoping for a trade back with Buffalo (1st & 2nd). That might allow us to grab a top RB and Settle while adding another impact player. Maybe even Kirk or Hernandez. 

I just don't have much faith in our FO these days, but I'm hopeful that I'll be pleasantly surprised. 

7 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

I think right now my top two picks would be Veaand Penny ... penny at the very least adresses the glaring hole we have at KR and should contribute in the RB rotation 

I think I would be satisfied with Vea and Penny in the first two rounds. 

I was hoping, weeks ago, that we could grab Penny in the 3rd or 4th, but then we made the Smith trade and Penny's stock went up. 

If we were going RB/DL in rounds 1/2 I would try to trade back just a bit in the 1st if possible, pick up Guice and then pick Harrison Phillips in the 2nd. Though to be honest, if Harrison Phillips starts getting more attention he may very well be a mid to late 1st rounder. 

Barkley his size plus explosion is deadly. Also his route running looked exceptional well. 

I also liked Guice looked explosive in the drills. Only thing that kinda supriced me was his bench and weight. When I look him play, I see a pretty physical strong back. The numbers don't really show that. But Lynch was around same size when he entered the NFL. He hasn't really had an issue keeping that physical style up in the pros. 

Perry looked very smooth in general. 

Chubb looked little better in terms of burst. Michel looked better in passing part. I think either will be a good around back in the second round. 

Wasn't really a standout O-lineman for me yesterday. 

46 minutes ago, wilco_holland said:

Barkley his size plus explosion is deadly. Also his route running looked exceptional well. 

I also liked Guice looked explosive in the drills. Only thing that kinda supriced me was his bench and weight. When I look him play, I see a pretty physical strong back. The numbers don't really show that. But Lynch was around same size when he entered the NFL. He hasn't really had an issue keeping that physical style up in the pros. 

Perry looked very smooth in general. 

Chubb looked little better in terms of burst. Michel looked better in passing part. I think either will be a good around back in the second round. 

Wasn't really a standout O-lineman for me yesterday. 

I think with Guice and RBs like that the strength that you see in their running comes much more from lower body strength, explosion, and leverage than it does upper body bench press strength. How often would an RB really use his pectoral muscles besides holding onto the ball? Maybe a stiff arm but even that probably not too much. The weight issue is valid but I think guys who are a bit lower weight (though 212 is still not light weight) much of their power would still come from explosion, leverage, and balance.

6 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Not sure how the Brown can pass over Barkley if they stay picking #1 

I definitely agree but one thing Mayock said about his game tape was he absolutely has to have a strong Oline.  He saw times where teams focused solely on shutting him down and it frustrated the heck out of him.

8 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

I definitely agree but one thing Mayock said about his game tape was he absolutely has to have a strong Oline.  He saw times where teams focused solely on shutting him down and it frustrated the heck out of him.

Browns have a strong OL. If they get a QB in free agency, Barkley at #1 and Nelson at #4 would be a great haul. However, I'm not sure they have an immediate need with Nelson after their FA pick up last year. 

Archived