Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

Going Commando

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Agreed. Mayfield going number one overall does nothing but help us. No doubt about it. Still the Browns are just.......LMAO.

All the projections were Darnold #1, Barkley #2, Mayfield #3.... other than a small switch, nothing has disrupted the apple cart :-)

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Interesting. I didnt have him in the top 20....But what do I know? LOL

The last time that Mayfield was projected that low in the first round was probably January :-) He scooted up the draft rankings real fast in the past couple of months. That always happens... and it concerns me.

14 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Giants made a huge mistake not taking a QB. I would have gone Rosen, but any QB they liked would have done. They aren't gonna be in such a sweet position to replace their mediocre 37-year old QB for a long time. Barkley is gonna be a stud, but its a poor usage of resources. Plenty of good RB's to grab later

The fact that first few historically poorly run franchises haven't selected Rosen is because the league that forever was about a certain template, the Peyton Manning template, the standard rhythm offense, decided to adopt the playground football, ad lib QB, because some small percentage of teams won a Superbowl with rare talented ad libbers. 

But for any team running tried and true, 40 year, 30 year, 20 year old templates of QB'ing and Offense, Rosen is going to be another Manning. 

I've seen Rosen's footwork already at UCLA rival that of NFL Peyton Manning. Subtle **** like sprinting to his drop step, staggering his dropback speed in order to give himself an extra second to reach his back step and process one second earlier. **** Peyton did with precision. And Rosen's already got it. 

I've also never seen a college QB identify and call out the inequity of the NCAA system and ruffle the feathers of the most prestigious monuments of the college game like Nick Saban, with Rosen's intelligence to cut right through the bull**** and call out the disproportionate monopoly and dichotomy that the NCAA shows outwardly versus reality. 

I was so impressed when he did that. 

4 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Denver, doesn't pick QB.   

BPA in action....They couldnt have thought he would be there. Lucky ****s.

Rosen is still there. If he is there at 13 WE HAVE TO PICK HIM....We are talking a fall like Rodgers. And I think the best QB in the draft. We cant pass on him if he is there.

1 minute ago, Cypress said:

That's a savage pass rush for Denver. Elway obviously sticking with his prior QB picks and wanting to give Lynch as much time as possible to develop under Keenum.

He went for the sure thing vs the major ? mark. 

If they are ballsy enough to think they like different guys, or be content with either, BUF and MIA can just stay put and each get a QB unless ARI jumps one of them

Edit: Bills trading up with Bucs to get their guy. MIA gets the leftover QB if they want, unless ARI jumps up

Archived