stevemcqueen1

2018 Comprehensive NFL Draft Thread

6 minutes ago, zoony said:

Trading back would be awful imo.  The talent is in the first round, and this roster needs talent

I agree.

Heck, I'd be willing to trade UP.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Matt i?

Nope,that is the dominate former Redskin LB Trent Murhpy

5 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Looking at these college stats this player would be an elite talent by some of the posters standard on here..Take a guess to who this said player is

Screenshot_71.png

Pretty sure it's Trent Murphy.  And production in a vacuum isn't what people are talking about.  Film needs to be paired with production.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Phil Savage was on Chad dukes a bit ago and I could be wrong but I THINK he said Payne is the best Bama DL to come out in recent memory outside of Marcel Dareus. 

Upside is massive ... Suh 

Not even in Suh's ballpark. In order to have a Suh "potential" given his college play and production, Payne would have to have so much untapped football in him that you could literally make a second player out of it. I don't see anything even close to a Suh player when I watch Payne's film.

And Allen >>> Payne

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, that quote didn't make any sense.  I don't think anyone in their right mind believes Payne has ever been better than Allen.

I was picking up a pizza while that was going on, there was some background noise, so I probably just missed that part. But I did hear the Dareus part.   I didn't really take Savage that seriously.  Only because I've heard him talk prospects before and he's like the Larry Michael of Alabama.  He loves his guys.  Saban who talked a little while ago about Payne was certainly nice about him but it didn't strike me anything over the top -- he came off to me much more effusive about Fitzpatrick.

Granted, maybe my bias on the subject crept in when listening to both interviews. :)

But I am with you.  I want BPA tonight.  I don't want to force a pick at nose unless they are legitimately blown away by these guys.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Dane Brugler Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Davenport (11th), Moore (14th) and Alexander (16th) all rank in the top-16 players on my draft board so this makes sense.

Dane Brugler added,

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet
A couple of players who seem set to be picked higher than expected: #Maryland WR DJ Moore, #UTSA pass-rusher Marcus Davenport, and #Louisville CB Jaire Alexander. … Hot names.
1 reply0 retweets9 likes

26 minutes ago, bh32 said:

Looking at these college stats this player would be an elite talent by some of the posters standard on here..Take a guess to who this said player is

Screenshot_71.png

i dont really understand what you are trying to say with this post? Murphy was a damn good player for us. He blew out his knee and failed a drug test and STILL signed a damn nice contract in FA????

30 minutes ago, zoony said:

Trading back would be awful imo.  The talent is in the first round, and this roster needs talent

I actually wouldnt hate it in this draft. More picks means more chances to land a good player. But of course it depends who is there at 13.

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

i dont really understand what you are trying to say with this post? Murphy was a damn good player for us. He blew out his knee and failed a drug test and STILL signed a damn nice contract in FA????

I actually wouldnt hate it in this draft. More picks means more chances to land a good player. But of course it depends who is there at 13.

He  was good,but he wasn't elite like his stat suggest that he might be..What im saying is everyone is so hung up on a players stats are that they don't see the whole picture..

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONAWARPATH said:

I agree.

Heck, I'd be willing to trade UP.

Not a fan of trading up as would have to give up to much when Skins have so many needs.  I think 13 is a great spot to be - there will be a blue chip player or two available still.  The thing that scares me about trading back is that the caliber of player seems to fall off quickly after the top 15

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Cruzian Single Barrel. Drinks like bourbon only smoother. Good to see ya. 

Well, I've got a bottle of Cruzan that I've been working on, called single barrel extra aged. Has a blue label band across the front with gold lettering and raised lettering in the front of the glass. I don't know if that's the same one as yours. But it sure as hell didn't cost $6 bucks. 

10 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

I like that Cruzan aged rum, and I like the price even better.  I like Mt Gay rum too.

I drink the same stuff too. The mt. gay XO is my go to rum. Same distillery has some rare batches that they produce. I found it online, could shoot you the url. Don't think they'll ship to VA though, state regulations forbid it.  

I got a dark secret though. I'm drinking some black spiced rum right now, something fierce. I'm willing to admit I drink some cheap stuff just to get loose. 

@KB, I never found the cruzan spiced. What did you call it, "number 9?" 

Man if Rosen falls to us we have to take him. You cant pass on a franchise QB at 13. You just cant do it.

2 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

Well, I've got a bottle of Cruzan that I've been working on, called single barrel extra aged. Has a blue label band across the front with gold lettering and raised lettering in the front of the glass. I don't know if that's the same one as yours. But it sure as hell didn't cost $6 bucks. 

Its scotch for me tonight. A little Macallan 12 is wonderful for your life :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Man if Rosen falls to us we have to take him. You cant pass on a franchise QB at 13. You just cant do it.

I agree..way too much talent to pass up..let him sit for a year or two and learn 

• Like 1

Some of y’all can turn the most fun of threads into a real tedious **** show. :rofl89:

Let’s hope Bruce hits that drunken sweet spot tonight where you have about a half hour of creative genius before your buzz turns into a dragon and devours you.

Let’s gooooooooo!!!!!

5 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Its scotch for me tonight. A little Macallan 12 is wonderful for your life :)

Macallan's nice.  I'm partial to Aberlour.  OTOH, 30 mg of sativa oil will really spice up the draft.  ;->

Cooley just talked some.  He said he talked to some at Redskins Park he sensed the scouts like Vea but others like Payne.  Wonder who the others are where Payne has the advantage over there?  Jay?  Bruce?  Doug?  He said it in a way where scouts there like Vea but the decision makers who are more important than the scounts like Payne.  At least that's the impression I got listening to him.

He got the sense they like Edmonds over R. Smith but like them both.  They like Fitzpatrick over D. James.  He said something to the effect of Jay lit up when he mentioned Fitzpatrick to him.  He thinks Fitzpatrick is their dream fall to 13.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, GothSkinsFan said:

Macallan's nice.  I'm partial to Aberlour.  OTOH, 30 mg of sativa oil will really spice up the draft.  ;->

LMAO! No doubt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

I drink the same stuff too. The mt. gay XO is my go to rum. Same distillery has some rare batches that they produce. I found it online, could shoot you the url. Don't think they'll ship to VA though, state regulations forbid it.  

I got a dark secret though. I'm drinking some black spiced rum right now, something fierce. I'm willing to admit I drink some cheap stuff just to get loose. 

@KB, I never found the cruzan spiced. What did you call it, "number 9?" 

It's nice when they make it down the road from ya. 

Yes, 9.

Cornerback class is very deep this year. I don't know what the record is for number of CBs drafted, but I've had my beliefs that it could be set this weekend. 

I'm thinking Vea will go to the Dolphins.Miami purged their roster of Su to save on  cap space . But now they have a glaring hole on the interior line.

Vea will be there for Miami .

I like Payne, I think he has a better pedigree than Vea.

Would love the situation if some how we could pick up Will Hernandez OG out of Texas / El Paso , that dude is a beast.

We need Defensive lineman and Offensive lineman. Skins need to run the ball and stop the run .

Payne and Hernandez would be a big plus. Hail

Vita Vea wearing a loud burgundy jacket -- sign? :)

Just now, BTBIRD 227 said:

Payne and Hernandez would be a big plus. Hail

Doubt Hernandez makes it to the 2nd round let alone falls to 44 but love it if he did.  I'd take Hernandez over Payne actually at 13.  But I think 13 is a bit early for him.  He seems to be in the 20-27ish range.  Will see.

• Like 1

I think I'll watch Fox's coverage this year, since it's their first time. See, if it's any different.

Should be a fun draft.