Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

This doesn't seem correct....  Why would they say this in the headline?  Everyone is attacking Pete in the comments now.

For Amy Klobuchar, the second time may not be a charm. But it might be good enough.

The Minnesota senator was stumped last week when asked by Telemundo if she could name the president of Mexico. “No,” she said. Prompted with the same question, billionaire environmentalist Tom Steyer said, “I forget.” Only Pete Buttigieg was able to name him.

Given a do-over Tuesday at a CNN town hall in Las Vegas, Klobuchar sought to redeem herself. She gave her greetings to President Andrés Manuel López Obrador — she incorrectly pronounced his first name as “Andre,” but the Las Vegas crowd nevertheless cheered and applauded her effort.

Buttigieg seized on Klobuchar’s gaffe Sunday, telling supporters in Nevada “that there is more to being prepared than how many years you spent in Washington.”

The tweet seems to be down now. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-02-19/klobuchar-admits-mistakes-for-forgetting-mexican-leader-s-name?utm_medium=social&utm_content=business&utm_campaign=socialflow-organic&cmpid=socialflow-twitter-business&utm_source=twitter

Democratic presidential candidate Amy Klobuchar said her inability to remember the name of the president of Mexico in an interview last week was an honest mistake after a long day of campaigning.

“I have a lot of respect for President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador,” Klobuchar told Bloomberg News in Las Vegas on Tuesday. “I did that interview late at night, midnight my time, after being in Washington all day and you make mistakes sometimes but I’m looking forward to working with him.”

This all seems so picky (and somewhat flimsy) to me, even if it is supposedly illegal?  Even if it's true that this was coordinated, I assumed every campaign does this in some way anyway. 

Also it's hard keeping up with campaigns like Bloomberg, Bernie, or Trump.  With as messed up as the campaign laws and everything else is right now, it's hard for me to get mad at a campaign finance violation unless it involves a coverup or blackmail or something serious.  

I gotta make time for debate because I want to see a front runner Bernie rip the billionaire Blommberg apart.  You cant buy an election, the few times I've heard him talk it doesnt sound like hes done his homework on these issues.  If he doesnt, the others will for the same reason.

6 hours ago, visionary said:

This all seems so picky (and somewhat flimsy) to me, even if it is supposedly illegal?  Even if it's true that this was coordinated, I assumed every campaign does this in some way anyway. 

Also it's hard keeping up with campaigns like Bloomberg, Bernie, or Trump.  With as messed up as the campaign laws and everything else is right now, it's hard for me to get mad at a campaign finance violation unless it involves a coverup or blackmail or something serious.  

Anticipating a whole bunch of opportunities for irony, in a discussion on whether a presidential candidate publicly asking an outside group to please do something that would help your campaign is illegal or not.  

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Not sure what you are referring to here.

Pete's gay, you know.  

Makes it morally wrong for him to say that scripture doesn't condone stealing people's children to punish them for not obeying secular law.  

51 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pete's gay, you know.  

Makes it morally wrong for him to say that scripture doesn't condone stealing people's children to punish them for not obeying secular law.  

God doesnt hate gays, people do.

Bible says a lot of things, but if it was that simple, we wouldnt be having this conversation.

54 minutes ago, Larry said:

Pete's gay, you know.  

This is what he said.

Asked whether he believed it was possible to be a Christian and support Trump, he said it wasn’t his place “to tell other Christians how to be Christians.”

“But I will say,” he added, “that I can’t find any compatibility between the way this President conducts himself and anything I find in Scripture.”

Buttigieg also said that his faith would help guide his policy decisions in office.

“The time has come to send a message: that people of faith have a choice,” he said. “And if you belong to a Christian, or any moral or religious tradition, that emphasizes making yourself useful to the oppressed and standing with and identifying with the prisoner, welcoming the stranger -- stranger by the way is another word for immigrant -- yes, that has implications in public life.”

If he wants to draw a contrast to everything that Trump is as a human being and policy maker not being Christian, and he himself, who just happens to be gay, I think that is an argument he will win in the eyes of voters. 

I'm becoming less and less tolerant of the Bernie campaign.  Seems like every single thing that isn't positive glowing praise is clearly a coordinated smear campaign.  

And what, are they now demanding a third recount in IA?  

They seem to have a bigger snowflake factor than Trump supporters, and a bigger sense of being entitled to the nomination than Hillary.  

- - - 

Still better than Trump.  But the gap is narrowing.  

yeah, i watched gray (bernie press sec) do that shtick...they're saying people are trying to smear bernie with these health questions and in the next sentence she does exactly that with bloomberg (as other bernie peeps are doing)...her whole pitch this morning turned me off and this after my getting a little closer to the bern last night

i'm trying not to get too turned off by many of the bernie supporters onscreen and off, but a lot of the causes/goals are good ones imo

there's a lot i like about bernie himself but some serious policy stuff i don't like

just for fun---remember way back before trump won in 2016 i was doing one my faux (i hope they're faux when i do them but i allow they may not be in this world) conspiracy theory deals where i suggested that another russian pawn in the election could be bernie, including as maybe part of a sleeper or long con, with or without his cooperation...if you looked at the bernie movement for a 30,000 ft level nothing has been more of a quandary for uniting the dmes that the division resulting between the bernie ownership of the "progressives" and the larger more moderate remainder.....and it looks to pay off big this year if things keep going in his direction and the general thinking that bernie can't win the bg one is right....(i don't assume it is)

Archived