Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

And Bluestone Lane, which is a coffee shop whose business model is, well if Starbucks can charge $5 for a cup of coffee, we should charge $8 and hope people assume it's better just because it's more expensive.  Also, $13 for some guacamole toast.  

I do love some expensive ass avocado toast/flat white made by someone with an Australian accent though...I pay extra for the accent

Joe Biden: 

A796F134-D799-4D35-A09A-D9EF2B70C75E.thumb.png.895e43c8b9202de2126d89fb4d7d1989.png

hang it up Joe. This, his refusal to remove the filibuster meaning his administration is a dead on arrival, and about 15 other comments all together tell a story of a man that is just totally out of touch and unqualified for the presidency and the requirement to lead and wield power in this moment 

Dang it Joe.  You had a good speech and now you herp derped tow days later.

Then again, I've been on team Warren for a bit so this doesn't really impact me atm.

&pizza would be a loss if they had one close to me.  Their delivery just isn't as good as going in there and going HAM on customizations.

47 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Joe Biden: 

A796F134-D799-4D35-A09A-D9EF2B70C75E.thumb.png.895e43c8b9202de2126d89fb4d7d1989.png

hang it up Joe. This, his refusal to remove the filibuster meaning his administration is a dead on arrival, and about 15 other comments all together tell a story of a man that is just totally out of touch and unqualified for the presidency and the requirement to lead and wield power in this moment 

If people actually vote for him & he becomes the nominee; they deserve the misery of a 2nd Trump term. Trump will wipe thr floor with senile and out of touch Joe.

For those in the party who don't want Lizzie or Bernie; they need to find that alternative now and support them.

29 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I’ve never even heard of &pizza 

Pizza chipotle. You aint missing anything in my humble and mostly correct opinion 

Come on Joe. I would be a hypocrite if I didnt call you out for this one. My first line at the next debate if im Kamala Harris is "I dont think you are a racist but...."

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

If people actually vote for him & he becomes the nominee; they deserve the misery of a 2nd Trump term. Trump will wipe thr floor with senile and out of touch Joe.

For those in the party who don't want Lizzie or Bernie; they need to find that alternative now and support them.

Problem is, if he is the nominee, we dont have a choice but to vote for him. I imagine this is 1/100th of what like 6 of the republicans that voted for Trump felt. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/david-chang-begs-momofuku-backer-stephen-ross-to-cancel-trump-fundraiser

David Chang Begs Momofuku Backer Stephen Ross to Cancel Trump Fundraiser

Chang began by explaining Ross’ role as an investor in his company. “I personally am a staunch opponent to President Trump and everything he stands for,” he told listeners. “I ****ing hate him. Anyone that normalizes gun violence, white supremacy, putting kids into cages, his general lack of decency and respect for anyone else—he is destroying our democratic norms. I cannot stand behind him.” 

He went on to say that he has “always worked to champion a safe, open, diverse, equitable and inclusive world at Momofuku” and vowed to “double down” on that commitment in light of the news about Ross. 

“Talk is cheap, we must show it in action,” Chang said, before adding that he doesn’t expect everyone who works for him to share his political beliefs. “So long as you are respectful to your colleagues and dutiful to your responsibilities, you’ll have a place at our company,” he said, “even though I hate Trump.” 

Speaking to his patrons, Chang said he wasn’t going to “sugarcoat” the situation or “pander” to them—perhaps a veiled reference to the way Equinox dismissed Ross as a “passive investor” in its official statement on the matter. 

Then Chang sent a message to Ross personally, in case he was listening. “I respect and admire you as a businessman,” he said. “You have been a champion of all the values of Momofuku. You’ve done a great deal for us as a company and I truly appreciate it.” 

Once the flattery was out of the way, he continued, “I’m imploring you to reconsider hosting this fundraiser. It flies in the face of everything we believe in at Momofuku. It frightens many of the people that work for you and it contradicts what I hoped to accomplish before taking your money in the first place.” 

https://milkbarstore.com/pages/a-note-from-christina-tosi

Milk Bar is in no way affiliated with the Trump fundraiser.  Stephen Ross is one of many investors in our company, all of whom come from different perspectives.  Regardless of investors, our strategy, mission, and company decisions are all made independently by the Milk Bar team and me.  Any profits we make go back into supporting the expansion of Milk Bar as well as to a variety of local charitable causes in our communities. 

At Milk Bar we believe unequivocally in equal rights for all. We are anti-discrimination, we welcome and celebrate people from all races, sexualities, identities, nationalities, citizenship statuses, religion and beliefs. 

I do not personally support the policies of the current administration.  However, I also don’t mandate what people who work at my company believe politically.  We support people having their own opinion. We support our teammates having their own opinion.  At our company we employ Democrats, Republicans, and many doctrines in between.  

Here at Milk Bar, we strive to be a welcoming place that serves delicious baked goods.  Feel free to keep sharing your thoughts, we read every one. Thank you, today and every day, for being a part of Milk Bar. 

Christina

8 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

This is your worst post ever. 

But now that &pizza funds Klan rallies, you are forgiven. 

I could taste the oppression. 

Most people actually hate me once they find out my favorite pizza. So I appreciate your willingness to forgive lol

2 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I could taste the oppression. 

Most people actually hate me once they find out my favorite pizza. So I appreciate your willingness to forgive lol

Ledos?  Unforgivable. 

Edit:  Don't you ****ing dare say Papa Johns.  Both awful and racist. 

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Ledos?  Unforgivable. 

Ledos is high on the list, but Costco takes it in my household. By force if necessary. 

I dont pray often but I am now that I have brought Costco into this conversation.  

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Ledos is high on the list, but Costco takes it in my household. By force if necessary. 

I dont pray often but I am now that I have brought Costco into this conversation.  

group_hug_by_gratlofatic_d4bak93-pre.png

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

Costco pizza is actually damn good.  I worked at one as a teenager and still crush it.  No complaints here. 

I forgot.  You're a person of exquisite taste.  Wanna be Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash in the above pic?  I got dibs on Twilight Sparkle

29 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Just for the record, I'll throw my vote to the first candidate to publicly state the obvious, that Lost Dog Pizza is the best.

Lost dog is bomb. Love going there. 

In general I am of the opinion now that take out pizza sucks. You want it steaming hot as it comes out. 

On 8/8/2019 at 9:59 AM, PleaseBlitz said:

@BenningRoadSkin  I saw the map.  I can't read the article, I don't subscribe to the NYTimes.

Some maps don't reflect population density.  The Washington Post, which I do subscribe to, did a similar analysis for Q1, but expressed it on a map that does reflect population density and showed it as dollars raised, not who contributed.  And remember, Bernie had the best Q1 and was only 4th in Q2.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/05/09/geography-how-early-money-is-flowing/

The Q1 map reflecting population density looks like this:

image.png.237724d35689fffcf3c9c856cc147c8f.png

Again, my question is why is it important the Bernie has more donors than others in large swaths of rural areas?  Actually, the term used was "dominating."  How is he dominating fundraising because he has more donors in large swaths of rural areas, even though he is only leading in funds actually raised by a small amount (and losing ground) and not winning in population centers? It's so weird how things get spun. 

My bad for not responding to tHis

Here’s the thing, Bernie has a few hundred thousands more donors than other candidates. They come from all over the country. It's one thing when a few wealthy people in a concentrated area are donating large sums, but Bernie’s supporters are coming from less affluent regions giving a couple of hours of their paychecks to him. Who is the more committed person? That's why people say Bernie’s support is more in-depth. Across the country, he and Warren are appealing to more people.

The other thing us the people in concentrated areas will vote Democrat in November of 2020. Any candidate with a D will be selected. Bernie seems to be appealing to those that may not have been Democratic voters because the party neglected them. It's similar to what Beto did in Texas last year.

Archived