Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I need advice. 

Most of you all know my husband committed suicide last December. About 3 weeks after his passing, I received the notice that he had been removed from the voter rolls, because he was deceased. Yeah, duh. Remember, my governor was sec of state of his own election & refused to recuse himself, and did everything he could to keep Stacey Abrams from being my Governor, including purging voters that hadn't voted in just the last 2 cycles. 

Today in the mail, addressed to my husband, is an application for voter registration. 

I want to fill it out  &send it back, just  to see what happens, kind of like an investigator. 

15 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I need advice. 

Most of you all know my husband committed suicide last December. About 3 weeks after his passing, I received the notice that he had been removed from the voter rolls, because he was deceased. Yeah, duh. Remember, my governor was sec of state of his own election & refused to recuse himself, and did everything he could to keep Stacey Abrams from being my Governor, including purging voters that hadn't voted in just the last 2 cycles. 

Today in the mail, addressed to my husband, is an application for voter registration. 

I want to fill it out  &send it back, just  to see what happens, kind of like an investigator. 

Dont do it, if for any reason that you've already posted this.

Call them out for taking him off the rolls and sending a ballot anyway.  I promise you someone out there hoping Trump wins is going to do it and that's why they sent them.

25 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I need advice. 

You don't want to lose your right to vote, we need you!  

Send it back saying he was removed from the voter rolls because he's deceased. 

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I need advice. 

As fun as it might sound, please don't. I would send it back blank with the notice they sent saying he had been removed from the roles for being deceased. Add a note with something like "Thanks for the memories..."  Just a thought. 

Thanks for talking me out of being a total smart ass...I do plan on letting local media know, as to actual incompetence. 

And I'm actually going to call, and yell that they're so stupid. A simple writing will absolutely not do. 

It will never, in a gazillion years, take away the frustration and tears that came with that "Notice of Voter Registration" 7 months after his passing, when it only took 2 weeks to get him off the rolls. 

Sorry, y'all. This is America now. Make it different in January 2021.

Please. 

2 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

"This one should be easier as our poll numbers are rising fast..."  Um, no. Unless by rising you in fact mean falling.  Probably why the shake-up.

Biden opens up a 15-point lead over Trump in new national poll

A majority of registered voters (52%) report they'll support Biden in the general election, with 37% going for Trump, a wider margin than in Quinnipiac's June poll, when 49% backed Biden and 41% supported Trump.

Click on the link for the full article

22 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

Wait a sec. I thought Trump was trying to convince us that in the *real* polls, he’s leading by a landslide.

Why the change if there’s so much winning?!?!?

Silent Majority is lying in these polls, but telling the truth in their secret inside polls or something.

22 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Silent Majority is lying in these polls, but telling the truth in their secret inside polls or something.

Yes, of course, because we all know MAGAs love to be silent about their loyalties and opinions.

27 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

There seem to be a lot of Trump supporters who truly believe that there are a ton of people who are taking these polls and say they're voting for Biden but who are actually voting for Trump, and they're doing this on purpose to try and screw up the polling...to...I guess give Biden a false sense of security or something? It's really convoluted logic. And IMO it gives WAY too much credit to Trump supporters for deep strategic thinking/planning when most available evidence points to them being 90% amygdala.

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There seem to be a lot of Trump supporters who truly believe that there are a ton of people who are taking these polls and say they're voting for Biden but who are actually voting for Trump, and they're doing this on purpose to try and screw up the polling...to...I guess give Biden a false sense of security or something? It's really convoluted logic. And IMO it gives WAY too much credit to Trump supporters for deep strategic thinking/planning when most available evidence points to them being 90% amygdala.

Right. Like they are all on their Parler app putting together this amazing plan that doesn't involve Karen screaming on a street corner about needing a haircut.

EdDIGe8WkAEQz7N?format=jpg&name=medium

This is today.

10 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Right. Like they are all on their Parler app putting together this amazing plan that doesn't involve Karen screaming on a street corner about needing a haircut.

This is today.

Yeah they (retroactively) said the same thing happened in 2016, and that's why Trump won even though Hillary was leading in the polls. But this ignores the fact that pretty much all national polls showed a tightening in the race right at the end to where Hillary had a pretty consistent 2-4% lead. But those are national polls, and she ended up winning the popular vote by a bit over 2%, so the polling was actually relatively accurate. 

IIRC many Trump supporters were saying some of the same stuff in 2018; that there were plenty of Trump voters who were lying to pollsters about who they'd vote for in the Senate and House elections. That...didn't work out so well.

If I'm the Dems/Biden/DNC. I would run with this. Pretend there is a Silent Majority. Tell my supporters that the polls are BS on the national and state level. That they need to assume they are playing from behind and work signing up new voters from that angle. Let Fox and Trump help you with this for free.

Archived