Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

46 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I often wonder this about Trump supporters- are they actually proud to vote for someone who thinks they are all so ludicrously stupid that they will believe nonsense like this? 

I mean, think about it. Obviously no one on the left or even the middle is going to buy this. Everyone in government, politics, media, etc. knows it's crap. He has to make a decision like this based on thinking- "you know what? The brain-dead troglodytes who vote for me will be stupid enough to swallow this garbage." I just can't imagine having so little self-respect that I would support someone who was constantly telling me how utterly moronic he thought I was. 

Somehow, being President and have 130K+ and counting people dying to a virus(more than twice the vietnam) in a few months span because he's clueless.

Suggesting injecting UV light or disinfectant to cure people.

Telling everyone that he's going with Hydroxy stuff as a preventive thing.

Trying to overrule the governors while he can't.

Seizing medical equipments destined to States of the US in the midst of a pandemic.

All those stuff definately qualifies him for the "man of the year" award.

But not in the way he expects it.

1 hour ago, Wildbunny said:

Somehow, being President and have 130K+ and counting people dying to a virus(more than twice the vietnam) in a few months span because he's clueless.

Suggesting injecting UV light or disinfectant to cure people.

Telling everyone that he's going with Hydroxy stuff as a preventive thing.

Trying to overrule the governors while he can't.

Seizing medical equipments destined to States of the US in the midst of a pandemic.

All those stuff definately qualifies him for the "man of the year" award.

But not in the way he expects it.

7 Of 'Time' Magazine's Most Shocking Picks For Person Of The Year

Every year, United States news magazine 'Time' recognises a "person or group of people" who had "the greatest influence on the events of the year-for better or worse." The 'Time Person of the Year' is announced in December and makes it to the magazine's cover in a tradition that dates back to 1927. The title goes to "the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year, for better or for worse," former Managing Editor Walter Isaacson wrote in the 1998 issue, according to 'Time' magazine.

However 'Time' magazine also clarifies that this does not necessarily mean that its person of the year is always a hero. "Adolf Hitler, for example, was Person of the Year in 1938, with a cover showing him playing a ghastly organ and a cover line touting, 'From the unholy organist, a hymn of hate'," they write.

Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was chosen as 'Time Person of the Year' twice - in 1939 and 1942. "Joseph Stalin has gone a long way toward deifying himself," the magazine said of Stalin.

Ayatullah Khomeini, leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution, was 'Time Person of the Year' in that year too, when the magazine called him "the mystic who lit the fires of hatred."

Click on the link for more

6 minutes ago, China said:

7 Of 'Time' Magazine's Most Shocking Picks For Person Of The Year

Every year, United States news magazine 'Time' recognises a "person or group of people" who had "the greatest influence on the events of the year-for better or worse." The 'Time Person of the Year' is announced in December and makes it to the magazine's cover in a tradition that dates back to 1927. The title goes to "the person or persons who most affected the news and our lives, for good or ill, and embodied what was important about the year, for better or for worse," former Managing Editor Walter Isaacson wrote in the 1998 issue, according to 'Time' magazine.

However 'Time' magazine also clarifies that this does not necessarily mean that its person of the year is always a hero. "Adolf Hitler, for example, was Person of the Year in 1938, with a cover showing him playing a ghastly organ and a cover line touting, 'From the unholy organist, a hymn of hate'," they write.

Soviet leader Joseph Stalin was chosen as 'Time Person of the Year' twice - in 1939 and 1942. "Joseph Stalin has gone a long way toward deifying himself," the magazine said of Stalin.

Ayatullah Khomeini, leader of the 1979 Iranian Revolution, was 'Time Person of the Year' in that year too, when the magazine called him "the mystic who lit the fires of hatred."

Click on the link for more

Trump would think it's an honor.  

Because he only looks at the picture.  

1 hour ago, Larry said:

Trump would think it's an honor.  

Because he only looks at the picture.  

He's also openly said in the past that any publicity is good publicity. He quite possibly wouldn't give two ****s if he got on the cover for being horrible, as long as he got on the cover. He'd figure out a way to spin it to himself in his own head. 

5 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:
I often wonder this about Trump supporters- are they actually proud to vote for someone who thinks they are all so ludicrously stupid that they will believe nonsense like this? 

I mean, think about it. Obviously no one on the left or even the middle is going to buy this. Everyone in government, politics, media, etc. knows it's crap. He has to make a decision like this based on thinking- "you know what? The brain-dead troglodytes who vote for me will be stupid enough to swallow this garbage." I just can't imagine having so little self-respect that I would support someone who was constantly telling me how utterly moronic he thought I was. 

We all remember during the 2016 campaign when he said "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue...." and we all thought he was joking.

He wasn't.

Enough people are focused on who they perceive is going to raise their taxes less......allow them to keep more of their guns...….and will fight against the folks who want to "change America as we know it."

And that is going to be enough to give him another four years, despite how much of a jackass he is. Watch. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

We all remember during the 2016 campaign when he said "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue...." and we all thought he was joking.

He wasn't.

Enough people are focused on who they perceive is going to raise their taxes less......allow them to keep more of their guns...….and will fight against the folks who want to "change America as we know it."

And that is going to be enough to give him another four years, despite how much of a jackass he is. Watch. 

Only if those who don't agree with that are unable to vote or decide not to vote.  If that happens, then your prediction will come true.

We will see what happens in November.

45 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

They did more than that:

Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Nebraska’s 2nd district move from Toss Up to Lean Democrat.

Maine, once in Lean Democrat, moves to the safer Likely Democratic category. 

Georgia has joined Arizona, North Carolina and Florida in the Toss Up column, although, at this point, Biden would be slightly favored to win at least Arizona and Florida. 

Maine’s 2nd district has moved from Likely Republican to a more competitive Lean Republican. 

I hope these polls do not lead to complacency - espcially if we're in the middle of nonstop COVID spikes combined with Voter suppresion tactics. I can see people thinking "hey we got this in the bag, all the polls say so" then not getting out to vote.  Hope that doesn't happen but I can see the possibility. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/07/white-house-cdc-pediatricians-reopening-schools-350655

President Donald Trump in a ramped-up push to reopen schools vowed Tuesday to “put pressure” on reluctant governors, while Education Secretary Betsy DeVos blasted education leaders who won’t accept risk and “gave up and didn’t try” to launch summer instruction.

But the result was intensifying tensions with teachers unions and leading school groups, including the PTA, which charged that the Trump administration in a "vacuum of leadership" has "zero credibility in the minds of educators and parents when it comes to this major decision." The dispute leaves the White House deeply at odds with many involved in making major decisions in the next few weeks about reopening schools.

The White House devoted most of the day to its suddenly energized drive to reopen schools that shuttered during the pandemic, insisting it’s OK to move ahead and that decisions last spring to close down came from states rather than health experts at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The meetings and speeches appeared to hinge on a bet by the administration that parents are worried about the virus but still want their kids back in school, and would respond to broadsides aimed at school leaders and politicians.

DeVos, who has been criticized for standing on the sidelines during the crisis, took a tough tone. During a call with governors, DeVos slammed the Fairfax, Va., district for its distance learning “disaster” in the spring and offering a choice of only zero or two days of in-person instruction moving forward, according to notes of a call, led by Vice President Mike Pence, with governors obtained by POLITICO. Earlier in the pandemic, DeVos had been more open to kids learning both online and during in-person classes.

But a statement Tuesday night from teachers unions, the PTA, special education administrators and secondary school principals indicated that their relationship with the White House has hit a new low.

"Throughout this pandemic, the administration has failed to address the needs of students, especially those students who need the most support. They have failed to listen to families and public school educators who have been on the frontlines serving their communities," the statement read.

"Public school educators, students and parents must have a voice in critical conversations and decisions on reopening schools. The president should not be brazenly making these decisions."

Trump administration picks fight with *checks notes* parents.  

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/07/white-house-cdc-pediatricians-reopening-schools-350655

Trump administration picks fight with *checks notes* parents.  

Trump needs older voters...so he let's them die and his party essentially tells them they should be willing to sacrifice their lives for the stock market.

Trump needs suburban voters...so he tries to force them to send their kids back to crowded schools in the middle of a pandemic.

I really hope the myth of this moron being some sort of political savant dies with his presidency in November. 

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Trump needs older voters...so he let's them die and his party essentially tells them they should be willing to sacrifice their lives for the stock market.

Trump needs suburban voters...so he tries to force them to send their kids back to crowded schools in the middle of a pandemic.

I really hope the myth of this moron being some sort of political savant dies with his presidency in November. 

Trump needs women voters ... so he expands the types of employers who can opt out of the provision in the ACA mandating that preventive health services, including birth control, by covered by insurance at no additional cost. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/08/what-to-know-about-the-supreme-courts-birth-control-mandate-decision.html

Archived