Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

I was thinking about this as well, but I'm against impeachment at this point. Not because the slime ball doesn't deserve it, but I don't want the GOP to have a second chance to do the right thing this late in the game. Hell, they're all going to lose, they might throw Trump under the bus to save themselves. I'd rather have them locked in on their wrong decision and have them pay the price for "loyalty".

If any of them actually voted to remove Trump (unlikely), it'd hurt them with the idiot horde that Trump commands. 

Forcing them to vote on whether or not to hold the Treason Clown accountable is a win-win. The worst that can happen is McConnell doesn't let it come for vote until after the election (likely), and so the attacks will be on that, which won't be as devastating, but will still be useful. 

50 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Define landslide.

If Trump wins 270 EVs, total landslide dude!

Seriously, in my lifetime, elections I would consider electoral college landslides were Nixon 72, Reagan 80/84, Bush 88, Clinton 92/96, and Obama 08/12.

Elections I would not consider electoral college landslides were Carter 76 and Bush 00/04.

Trump beat Hillary 304-227. Landslide?  Ehhhhhhh. He did carry 30 out of 50 states, so there's that. But there's that pesky fact that she did win the popular vote.

I predict Trump wins reelection with an electoral college margin of less than what he had in 2016.  And I think his chances of winning the popular vote are probably in the realm of one-hundredth of one percent. 

I don't think traditional landslide EC elections can happen with the GOP backing anyone and everyone in flyover murica.

I do think Biden hits the 301-330  range (330 if he can win Florida).

330-208 would be a new view of landslide if you consider how unlikely a lot of these states would ever back a Dem president these days.

When Texas likely turns blue in 8 or so years though..I do agree with others that winning a national election will be darn near impossible for the GOP.

There is 0 chance in hell Trump drops out of the election. He'll lose, cry that it was rigged, then flee out of the White House to either spend the rest of his days in jail, Russia, or (more likely) not face jail time and be the face of a new cable news network that will make Fox News look like MSNBC.

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

If Trump wins 270 EVs, total landslide dude!

Seriously, in my lifetime, elections I would consider electoral college landslides were Nixon 72, Reagan 80/84, Bush 88, Clinton 92/96, and Obama 08/12.

Elections I would not consider electoral college landslides were Carter 76 and Bush 00/04.

Trump beat Hillary 304-227. Landslide?  Ehhhhhhh. He did carry 30 out of 50 states, so there's that. But there's that pesky fact that she did win the popular vote.

I predict Trump wins reelection with an electoral college margin of less than what he had in 2016.  And I think his chances of winning the popular vote are probably in the realm of one-hundredth of one percent. 

https://www.thoughtco.com/landslide-presidential-elections-by-electoral-votes-3367489

>>>

The most lopsided president election in U.S. history was Democrat Franklin Delano Roosevelt's 1936 victory against Republican Alfred M. Landon. Roosevelt won 98.5 percent or 523 of the 538 electoral votes up for grabs that year.

Such a lopsided presidential election is unheard of in modern history. But Roosevelt's victory is by no means the only landslide White House election.

Republican Ronald Reagan won the most electoral votes of any president in history, 525. But that was after seven more electoral votes were added to the prize. His 525 electoral votes represented 97.6 percent of all 538 electoral votes.

Definition

In presidential elections, a landslide election is generally agreed to be one in which the winning candidate secures at least 375 or 70 percent of the 538 electoral votes in the Electoral College. For purposes of this article, we are using electoral votes as a measure and not the popular vote.<<<

I wouldn't consider Obama's 2012 win a landslide.  It was a solid win but he won fewer electoral votes than he did in his 2008 landslide win.  Hopefully, if Joe wins; his win is at least similar to Obama's 2012 win.

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Trump keeps coming back to this as the basis for his reelection argument.  Does anyone outside of Trump's hardcore basis associate Donald Trump with any of those things in a positive way?

Does his base actually feel very safe under Trump lately?

Archived