Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Wait, so if Parscale and his people were totally on to all of the fake registrations and knew what the real numbers were, why were they still boasting about a million registrations right up until the event? And why did they think so many people were actually coming that they spent untold amounts of money on building a whole stage outside for the "overflow" crowd where Trump could speak to them afterwards only to dismantle it the day of the rally after nobody showed?

This guy is such clownshoes. 

And it absolutely cracks me up that someone so inept was able to completely con the entire Trump family for years out of tens of millions of dollars.

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I don't believe this.  I think leadership counts and I think the words and action of our President do as well.  Especially among his followers who we know treat him almost like a cult leader.  He couldn't change every mind but he could change the behavior of many with a few wise words and actions. 

You expect wise words and actions from Trump? He’s been pushing the idea that Covid is no big deal for a long time. 

So I've been curious what the reaction is on the right wing rag boards. From what I can tell so far, the big thing on Brietbart now is shifting from talking about the physical attendance of the rally to bragging about the number of views it got online and basically saying it's the same thing...so now they're celebrating that millions of people have watched it on youtube and other places, ignoring that it's equally possible that those were not Trump supporters, but people who wanted a laugh or to watch a trainwreck. The desperation is palpable. 

:ols:

Tom Petty’s Family Issues Cease and Desist Order to Trump Campaign

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/21/politics/tom-petty-trump-cease-and-desist-trnd/index.html

The family of the late Tom Petty has filed a cease and desist notice to the Trump campaign after one of the musician's songs was played at the President's campaign rally in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Petty's 1989 hit "I Won't Back Down" was played on Saturday evening at the rally, which drew a smaller-than-expected crowd of supporters.

"Trump was in no way authorized to use this song to further a campaign that leaves too many Americans and common sense behind," the family said in a tweetSaturday. 
"Both the late Tom Petty and his family firmly stand against racism and discrimination of any kind. Tom Petty would never want a song of his used for a campaign of hate. He liked to bring people together," according to the tweet.

21 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So I've been curious what the reaction is on the right wing rag boards. From what I can tell so far, the big thing on Brietbart now is shifting from talking about the physical attendance of the rally to bragging about the number of views it got online and basically saying it's the same thing...so now they're celebrating that millions of people have watched it on youtube and other places, ignoring that it's equally possible that those were not Trump supporters, but people who wanted a laugh or to watch a trainwreck. The desperation is palpable. 

:ols:

The other question is whether YOUTUBE counts unique visitors or just visitors. If someone clicks on the video 100 times does that count as 100 views? A thousand? 100,000?

Would anyone doubt that someone fluffed the numbers?

46 minutes ago, visionary said:

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg

I love the first one where she's talking about all of the "obstacles" facing people wanting to come to the rally. It must have been incredibly daunting dealing with all of this stuff...

- Paying nothing

- Getting in car and driving

- Finding a big stadium

- Standing/walking in a straight line towards an entrance

- Navigating complex turnstiles and metal detectors

- Finding a seat in an empty stadium

- Sitting

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

Wait, so if Parscale and his people were totally on to all of the fake registrations and knew what the real numbers were, why were they still boasting about a million registrations right up until the event? And why did they think so many people were actually coming that they spent untold amounts of money on building a whole stage outside for the "overflow" crowd where Trump could speak to them afterwards only to dismantle it the day of the rally after nobody showed?

This guy is such clownshoes. 

And it absolutely cracks me up that someone so inept was able to completely con the entire Trump family for years out of tens of millions of dollars.

Trump's campaign won't pay, he never does. Another campaign bit for never Trumpers.

1. As a lot of you know, I still predict that Trump is going to win reelection in November.

But I saw on Twitter a line from last night's address where he said about Biden "I don't think he's a radical leftist."

I mean, credit Trump for admitting a truth. But all I hear from Trump supporters I know is how Trump is going to be this bulwark against the radical left.

And yes, I guess you can make the argument that Joe could be co-opted by the radical left. But if Trump can't even say that Joe is "radical left," and Biden certainly is not reviled to the extent that Hillary was, then what exactly do you have?

A guy at work predicted that Trump will be reelected with a greater electoral college margin than 2016. I laughed. Again, even though I think DJT will win again, I don't see how its not by the narrowest of margins (and 2016 was pretty damn narrow in three consequential states). 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sooooo, when’s the next rally?

I heard he was speaking at an event in Phoenix on Tuesday, but I don't think its an official rally. 

2 hours ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Sooooo, when’s the next rally?

Not sure, but I wonder if they'll actually learn from this and not set insane expectations and look like complete morons again or if they'll follow the Trump Method and simply double down and then blame everything but themselves when things go sideways. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter...Trump is simply not a person who's capable of tactically setting somewhat low expectations so they can then be exceeded. Everything has to be billed as the best, biggest, and most amazing ever. 

I could also see it as another situation where he'll undercut his own people out of his ludicrous pathological needs. They'll schedule another rally in a deep red state and put out manageable expectations and then the next day Trump won't be able to help himself and will contradict them in a tweet by saying it's going to be the biggest rally ever. EVER. NEVER SEEN BEFORE.

At that point I wouldn't be surprised if his people panicked and actually started finding ways to pay people to come to the rallies so Trump wouldn't freak out at another low turnout. 

Didn’t James Carville say that Trumps campaign people were a bunch of grifters lying to him to soak up as much money as they could?  People laughed when he said it... maybe that laugh has a bit of nervous energy to it now.

3 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, Tim, I thought about that earlier. I think paying is the next logical step. And I'm sure Trumpets will have no problem forming it over to their dear leader

Didn't his campaign post an ad for attendees for the Tulsa Rally, hourly rate or one rate? I'm not surprised if this continues. People aren't that stupid to attend Trump political rallies. They may go to the beach instead. My friend in Rehoboth Beach sent me some pictures of people massed there already.

57 minutes ago, Destino said:

Didn’t James Carville say that Trumps campaign people were a bunch of grifters lying to him to soak up as much money as they could?  People laughed when he said it... maybe that laugh has a bit of nervous energy to it now.

His campaign manager owns a Ferrari! Grifting is how the Republican party works. His campaign might be in overdrive but it's nothing compared to folks like Andrew Wheeler.

Archived