Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

20 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

There were actually two polls today that had his approval at 39% (Politico as well as Gallup), while the third approval poll of the day from the Economist has it at 43% That Economist poll also has Biden up by 8 points.

The point? That even a poll that is better fro Trump than the norm, he still ends up in big trouble for November. 

Rasmussen is another one that has traditionally had trump higher, partially because they survey likely US voters, not just registered US voters (regardless of it they intend to vote). They provide a daily number. Here is June so far. Today his "strongly Approve" dropped below 30. Also, and probably more important, the "Strongly Disapprove" is almost at 50%. His approval index (Strongly Approve - Strongly Disapprove) is at -19. Incredibly low. 

It still begs the question how can that many people as ****ed up in the head as he is. And then there are the cowards that are the republican party. That is another topic. 

image.png.b9dd98017e11180c1c80cbf78daf3f9c.png

9 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Never been to a Jose Andres restaurant and really need to make an effort to do so when the time is right.  He's stepped up so much on so many occasions.

His restaurants are so good that I would go even if he was a jerk.  But he seems like an incredibly great person, too.  

I can't even fathom the desire and will power it takes to stand in line for hours to vote.

I drive 5 minutes to the town hall and sometimes there's actually another person there, I vote and I leave.

I feel so bad for those people who have to wait hours, its complete bull****.

i searched multiple variations and checked over 10 pages of previous thread titles

do you guys think we should have a dedicated electoral fraud/voter suppression/voter id, registration  etc. thread?

we can just keep putting that stuff in either of the two running "election" threads, or others appropriate per item, or give any single article its own thread if wanted as we have been, just asking

if ya want the focused thread, 'like" this post and if we gte 10 or more likes  i'll ask someone to start one (i don't want to initiate another thread myself)

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Rasmussen is another one that has traditionally had trump higher,

I won't ever include Rasmussen. They are pure garbage. Some pollsters are better than others, partisan pollsters might only publish polls that favor their clients, and then you have Rasmussen, who just put out phony numbers to help Republicans, and they don't deserve to be taken seriously.

51 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I can't even fathom the desire and will power it takes to stand in line for hours to vote.

I drive 5 minutes to the town hall and sometimes there's actually another person there, I vote and I leave.

I feel so bad for those people who have to wait hours, its complete bull****.

At the primary in February, the time it took me to drive to the polls, park, walk, check in, fill out my ballot, drop it off, walk back to my car and drive home wasn't 30 minutes, and that was longer than usual. 

My prostate wouldn't allow to wait in line for hours, and even if there was facilities to make such a thing possible, waiting that long would make me so enraged I can't even fathom it. The fact that these people are doing it without causing property damage or injuries to others is truly heroic imo. 

33 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I won't ever include Rasmussen. They are pure garbage. Some pollsters are better than others, partisan pollsters might only publish polls that favor their clients, and then you have Rasmussen, who just put out phony numbers to help Republicans, and they don't deserve to be taken seriously.

Rasmussen has a pretty bad rating from most places. FiveThirtyEight has them at a C IIRC. From what I've read they have a few methodological flaws in the way they conduct their studies that skews them towards Republicans. I think one of them in the past was that they didn't call mobile phones...which obviously is likely to undersample younger voters who tend to be more liberal, and then Rasmussen didn't compensate for that undersampling when they crunched their numbers. 

But, like most things, it's a safe bet that if Trump loves it, it's awful. And Trump tends to love Rasmussen. 

20 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Rasmussen has a pretty bad rating from most places. FiveThirtyEight has them at a C IIRC. From what I've read they have a few methodological flaws in the way they conduct their studies that skews them towards Republicans. I think one of them in the past was that they didn't call mobile phones...which obviously is likely to undersample younger voters who tend to be more liberal, and then Rasmussen didn't compensate for that undersampling when they crunched their numbers. 

But, like most things, it's a safe bet that if Trump loves it, it's awful. And Trump tends to love Rasmussen. 

Even 538 has been too soft on them. Rasmussen's trick over the years is to show wildly tilted results up to a few days before an election, at which point they post more realistic ones, so they end up getting rated well because that last poll was close to accurate. Which should kind of tell you all you need to know about a pollster, that they can just choose how they want their results to look.

As an example, in 2016, after the Access Hollywood tape, I posted a Rasmussen poll that had Trump's support absolutely tanking. I was like "Wow, even Rasmussen has him in trouble". To which people immediately said "They're just doing that so they can later show a big 'comeback' in his numbers."Which made me feel pretty stupid, because of course that's what they were doing. And yep, a week later Rasmussen had Trump rebounding to better numbers than he had before the tape. 

They're garbage. 

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

40 minutes ago, mistertim said:

That was really pretty much the point. Rasmussen does tend to work out better for republicans. I have heard some of the bias claims and they are probably true. However, even with that bias look at what even they have him? 

He is sucking ass is the one poll that typically favors him. 

In the end I just want him to lose - and lose embarrassingly - not that he will understand. It will someone elses fault till he dies. But anyone with a brain will know. 

48 minutes ago, Larry said:

Other than "An assault on democracy is under way"?  :) 

i thought i remembered a thread already addressing this stuff in general, as well as seeing it scattered in other threads, too, including a diff one no excuses started re fraud in north carolina too...it's why i did the search and checked the pages...but then i was being logical and looking for titles that included any of the key words or close to it...so that title escaped all the time and effort

we actually have a rule about that btw...use clear and specific titles...not that i don't like the flair in that one :) 

and i'm a little what? that even with that thread existing i still got 8 likes..

guess we'll just watch and see if it gets more and maybe do a new one anyway :ols:

anyway, back to topic

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its not about total support but support in the swing states that determine the election. What do his #s look like in say Michigan or Florida...

I keep seeing polls saying places like Texas and SC are in play right now. 

If they're swing states in November?  (Although I'm not planning on that.)

Archived