Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

15 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hottest hot take:

Biden ruled mentally unfit (suck it, Tailgate) by his own party.  Cuomo wins the hearts of the people by constantly putting himself in front of everyone during the Covid crisis and managing NYC tragedy as best as he can.  Democrat party comes together, puts Cuomo up for election this summer.  Trump loses, Cuomo is the next president.  

Spiff is lava.

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hottest hot take:

Biden ruled mentally unfit (suck it, Tailgate) by his own party.  Cuomo wins the hearts of the people by constantly putting himself in front of everyone during the Covid crisis and managing NYC tragedy as best as he can.  Democrat party comes together, puts Cuomo up for election this summer.  Trump loses, Cuomo is the next president.  

Cuomo buys Redskins.  Super Bowl.  

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I think only congress can postpone the election.  Thing is, even if the election is postponed to say President's Day 2021.  Trump and Pence have to vacate the office on Jan. 20.  Whoever is the speaker of the house on that date, would be acting President. 

I think you can still have the election; just do vote by mail.  Prepare for it now.  Every state has absentee balloting; so it shouldn't be that hard to switch everything to vote by mail.

Well he already has the Senate.  And may as well have the Judicial branch.  So who is going to stop him?  If he were to try to do something, it would likely have to get challenged and got through the judiciary.  We saw how much he feels the need to follow their directives (except for the courts that rule in his favor).

58 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

that’s not how democracy works 

Unless Joe has 1991 going into whatever resembles the Democratic convention this year; it's a contested convention. If it gets to a round 2, he can be replaced.  Also, Joe could get corona and not make it.

Well here is something interesting. It would be great if this Oxford model turns out to be correct.

Financial Times:

https://www.ft.com/content/5ff6469a-6dd8-11ea-89df-41bea055720b?segmentId=b385c2ad-87ed-d8ff-aaec-0f8435cd42d9

The new coronavirus may already have infected far more people in the UK than scientists had previously estimated — perhaps as much as half the population — according to modelling by researchers at the University of Oxford. If the results are confirmed, they imply that fewer than one in a thousand of those infected with Covid-19 become ill enough to need hospital treatment, said Sunetra Gupta, professor of theoretical epidemiology, who led the study. The vast majority develop very mild symptoms or none at all. “We need immediately to begin large-scale serological surveys — antibody testing — to assess what stage of the epidemic we are in now,” she said. The modelling by Oxford’s Evolutionary Ecology of Infectious Disease group indicates that Covid-19 reached the UK by mid-January at the latest. Like many emerging infections, it spread invisibly for more than a month before the first transmissions within the UK were officially recorded at the end of February..........

Oops wrong thread.   2000 please take that Coronavirus part out of the title.

That'd sure be nice.  If, for every person currently listed as "infected", there's 100 who are "recovered", but don't know it.  

Not sure I'd jump to that conclusion without serious proof.  Not after watching Italy, for example.  But I sure wouldn't be ticked if it turned out to be true.  

8 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well he already has the Senate.  And may as well have the Judicial branch.  So who is going to stop him?  If he were to try to do something, it would likely have to get challenged and got through the judiciary.  We saw how much he feels the need to follow their directives (except for the courts that rule in his favor).

States control how elections are done in their state.  So, if the states say they can mail in ballots; don't see how the courts could agree with him.  I assume it takes both the House and Senate to delay the election and I don't see that happening.

2 hours ago, nonniey said:

Oops wrong thread.   2000 please take that Coronavirus part out of the title.

Pres. Election:11/3/20- The CoronaVirus Election: Old Man Joe vs Malignant Donald

Let me see, you are ignoring Pres. Election: 11/30- The  and Election: Old Man Joe vs Malignant Donald.  You are only focusing on CoranaVirus .

Just now, Rdskns2000 said:

Pres. Election:11/3/20- The CoronaVirus Election: Old Man Joe vs Malignant Donald

Let me see, you are ignoring Pres. Election: 11/30- The  and Election: Old Man Joe vs Malignant Donald.  You are only focusing on CoranaVirus .

Yep.

6 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yep.

Well, if that confuses you; I can't help you.  Noone made the same mistake and can see the difference between the Presidential Election thread and the Coronavirus thread. 

I'll modify the title, a little:

The CoronaVirus Influenced Presidential Election:11/3/20- Old Man Joe vs Malignant Donald

That's probably still confusing to you but it's an accurate representation of what this election will be.  It will be heavily influenced by the CoronaVirus.  The actual human toll and of course the economic toll.  So, I am leaving CoronaVirus as part of the title.  

6 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

That's probably still confusing to you but it's an accurate representation of what this election will be.  It will be heavily influenced by the CoronaVirus.  The actual human toll and of course the economic toll.  So, I am leaving CoronaVirus as part of the title.  

The previous one was less confusing.  Most people only read the first word or two.  I'd put the virus part back in the middle.

Archived