Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 minute ago, Destino said:

Abby Phillip took sides and basically called Bernie a liar.  That’s some bull****.  Didn’t even let Bernie respond, she just ran with the assumption afterwards with the question “what do you say to people that say women can’t win?”

Yea I am really mad that she didn’t turn to warren and ask “is Bernie lying?”

7 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Yea I am really mad that she didn’t turn to warren and ask “is Bernie lying?”

I hope Warren gave her at least a hundred for that favor.  But maybe she did it for the social media love her unprofessional bull**** is sure to earn her.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

Biden looks like he has a migraine.  He’s squinting in the bright lights, and shutting his eyes to finish every other sentence.  

I normally like CNN but this debate is horrible.  

Don’t give CNN another debate. Listening on the Xm radio and it sounds horrible.

Question, people keep talking about kids with “rich” parents getting free college or not.  Why is there an assumption parents earning whatever you’d consider a lot of money, have money to send their kids to college?  There are a lot of cash poor people in the upper middle class with impressive incomes.  That isn’t their kids fault.  Why assume those parents and their kids are even on speaking terms?  

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

probably does after having to listen to the warren/bernie squabble...

What squabble?  CNN took action to make certain there was no squabble, by dismissing Bernie as a liar outright and never questioning Warren’s account.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

What squabble?  CNN took action to make certain there was no squabble, by dismissing Bernie as a liar outright and never questioning Warren’s account.

I'm not a fan of "the media hates Bernie" narrative, but this at minimum does not help that conversation.

2 minutes ago, clietas said:

Public universities should be tuition free for all of our citizens. Higher education needs to be more accessible not less.

encourage people who don’t have the aptitude or interest for college sounds like a huge waste of time and effort.  Encouraging people to find what they excel at in high school instead of ramming college down their throat is a much better solution. How valuable is a college degree if the guy flipping burgers at mcdonald’s has one?

9 minutes ago, Destino said:

Question, people keep talking about kids with “rich” parents getting free college or not.  Why is there an assumption parents earning whatever you’d consider a lot of money, have money to send their kids to college?  There are a lot of cash poor people in the upper middle class with impressive incomes.  That isn’t their kids fault.  Why assume those parents and their kids are even on speaking terms?  

Rich parents already giving up custody of their kids so they can get better financial aid. Just make it universal and end some of these shenanigans.

https://www.propublica.org/article/university-of-illinois-financial-aid-fafsa-parents-guardianship-children-students?utm_content=buffer45461&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer

The most compelling issue I heard today, that hasn’t gotten as much attention, was child care.  This is more important to me than free college (even though I personally need neither benefit.)  People can’t have kids if they can’t afford them because child care is unbelievably expensive.  This is worse than the dwindling of the American dream of home ownership IMO.

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

encourage people who don’t have the aptitude or interest for college sounds like a huge waste of time and effort.  Encouraging people to find what they excel at in high school instead of ramming college down their throat is a much better solution. How valuable is a college degree if the guy flipping burgers at mcdonald’s has one?

No one is saying higher education will be made compulsory. 

A buddy of mine has a degree in microbiology. He works at a pizza joint because it's less stressful. Does that really devalue a degree in that field? 

1 minute ago, Destino said:

The most compelling issue I heard today, that hasn’t gotten as much attention was child care.  This is more important to me than free college (even though I personally need neither benefit.)  People can’t have kids if they can’t afford them because child care is unbelievably expensive.  This is worse than the dwindling of the American dream of home ownership IMO.

Well the more people I get to know, the less I wish people will have kids.  So maybe that is a good deterrent?

6 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well the more people I get to know, the less I wish people will have kids.  So maybe that is a good deterrent?

No, dumb people still have kids....

what happens to a of people (dumb or smart, smart in this case) is they quit working because their job doesn’t pay more than child care costs, and if they’re not working they can also get government assistance they wouldn’t qualify for if they had a job.  So they sat at home and care for their own child while collecting welfare because that’s how the current system is set up.

4 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No, dumb people still have kids....

what happens to a of people (dumb or smart, smart in this case) is they quit working because their job doesn’t pay more than child care costs, and if they’re not working they can also get government assistance they wouldn’t qualify for if they had a job,

And smart people, the ones we want raising the next generation of our society, can’t afford to have kids or are too afraid of destroying their own careers.  It make no sense for a culture and society to sabotage the most important means by which its values are passed forward.  

5 minutes ago, Destino said:

And smart people, the ones we want raising the next generation of our society, can’t afford to have kids or are too afraid of destroying their own careers.  It make no sense for a culture and society to sabotage the most important means by which its values are passed forward.  

Im not disagreeing with you.  The point was that not paying for child care counterintuitively creates more of a welfare state, as women are encouraged to stay at home and collect public assistance the way things are now.

Not even counting the loss in productivity that comes from having to retrain replacement hires and the loss of their job experience in the workforce.

Archived