Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

16 hours ago, Springfield said:

Cause he’s gay

No evidence that this is the case.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/whats-really-behind-pete-buttigiegs-lack-of-support-among-black-voters/

I think the evidence is fairly clear that black Democrats as a group are not as supportive of gay relationships or gay marriage as white Democrats. So, it is plausible that Buttigieg, as an openly gay candidate, starts at a disadvantage among black voters.So why do I list this a potential reason, as opposed to a clear problem?

Well, because I’m not sure that black political behavior is particularly influenced by black views on gay rights. In 2012, there was speculation that Obama would lose sizable support among black voters once he started supporting gay marriage. Not only did that not happen, but African Americans have also remained as supportive of the Democratic Party as ever over the last decade, even as the party has increasingly allied itself with LGBTQ rights. I don’t want to make too much of a local election, but to take one notable example: In April, America’s third-largest city, Chicago, elected Lori Lightfoot, a black lesbian woman, as its mayor. In a runoff, Lightfoot won all of the city’s 50 wards, including those in the city’s heavily black South Side, in her contest against fellow Democrat Toni Preckwinkle, who is also a black woman.

So I think we should be cautious about naming homophobia as a principal factor when assessing why a 37-year-old, white small-town mayor might lose the black Democratic primary vote to Barack Obama’s vice president in a primary where black voters are desperate to find a candidate who they think will defeat Donald Trump. We shouldn’t rule it out, but I wouldn’t give it too much weight. My expectation is that if Buttigieg were nominated, he would get around 90 percent of the black vote in a general election, as Democratic presidential nominees typically do.

Maybe a sliver of black voters hold that against him, but it's more like that he's some random white dude no one knew off 1 year ago, from the fourth largest town in INDIANA and he's running against Obama's VP. Also, he's kind of a chump the more you pay attention to him.

16 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

or the ****ty way he's handled race issues as mayor

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/pete-buttigieg-s-unfinished-business-south-bend-could-come-back-n1106026

This is article is a pretty balanced and fair description of his experience with racial issues in South Bend.  To describe his handling them  as "****ty" is wrong.  All along he acknowledged issues that needed to be addressed and undertook efforts to correct them.  He succeeded in some instances and came up short in others - which he readily admits.  None of the issues, which were deep- seated and long-standing, were candidates for easy or quick fixes. 

8 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Buttigieg, Pete Buttigieg.

Oh jesus ****ing christ. I am so sick of these ****ing crazy ass people. 

" Pointing to Buttigieg’s “mesmerizing, hypnotic blue eyes” as an obvious tell..."  Does he run a child sex ring out of a Falafel shop?

9 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/pete-buttigieg-s-unfinished-business-south-bend-could-come-back-n1106026

This is article is a pretty balanced and fair description of his experience with racial issues in South Bend.  To describe his handling them  as "****ty" is wrong.  All along he acknowledged issues that needed to be addressed and undertook efforts to correct them.  He succeeded in some instances and came up short in others - which he readily admits.  None of the issues, which were deep- seated and long-standing, were candidates for easy or quick fixes. 

But it’s easier to say that he’s not good with race relations that it’s cause he’s gay.  Makes it more a problem of his character than of someone who won’t support a candidate because he’s gay.

Much like Trump voters who won’t admit that they voted for home.  Anti gay voters probably just don’t show up and give a different reason then sexuality.

But if we are really trying to back the minority vote, time to nominate Biden for ****s sake.

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

300 days out.

Even if its Bernie on the ticket (who I personally cannot stand), I'll be there with bells on trying to get that other schmuck out of office. I can only hope everyone else will do the same. 

Same.

I had this text interaction with a Bernie campaign staffer last week. 😄

14AFC856-4A1A-494F-840C-BF1FCE4A235F.png

19 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Wow... all of the issues available to Biden to try to squeeze some money out of us and he goes with....

saving the post office?  Pffffft.

The financial deficiencies of the post office are massively over stated due to the way it has to fund its future liabilities by law (as desired by commercial competitors that lobbied Congress to make the USPS inefficient).  The USPS has to pre-pay all of its future employee liabilities (e.g. health care and retirement) as if it won't gain any interest on money currently invested.  Which no private company does, much less being mandated by law to have to do.

When people say the USPS is running a debt, what they really mean is the USPS doesn't currently have the money they expect to have to pay somebody in 30 years when they're retired.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2018-04-04/congress-not-amazon-messed-up-the-u-s-postal-service

(Biden's right.  We should work to save the USPS and not take it to being a private entity, while seeking to change the law(s) so it can be more competitive, but remain financially sound.)

39 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

if i was running and had a super pac i'd want it named "the shadows group"

and dress up would be required...maybe coffee cups made like little pyramids with the logo

A pyramid with a black  helicopter on top... shooting chemtrails into a gate.... made of pizza

Archived