Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Hispanics in America are generally 60-70% Dem and 20-30% R.

Hispanics are >50% Catholic so Im assuming a chunk of that R support has to do with abortion and LGBT rights.

That's no doubt part of it.  

Another part of it is that "Hispanics" aren't simply one group.  Here in Florida, "Hispanic" often means "Cuban".  And they absolutely hate Mexicans, and illegals.  ("I came here legal!  (Since, by law, anybody who comes here from Cuba is legal.)")

At least last I heard, in Florida, Hispanics vote 70% Republican.  (Which is why the GOP voter purges are designed not to purge Hispanics.)  

Wouldn't be at all surprised if some Hispanics have a case of "I got mine, **** the rest of them."  Same reasoning I've heard a few times from black folks explaining why they oppose the gays who were fighting their version of Jim Crow.  "My people managed to overcome Jim Crow.  And it took a lot of fighting and blood.  So **** any other minority group who comes along and wants me to help them get what my people got for me."  

Seems to be a common element of that, in all kinds of groups.  

Blacks are also underratedly conservative.  I believe theres some truth to the number of Hispanics that dont like illegal immigration versus blacks feeling the republican party is against them no matter what.  You can make the arguement GOP reaches out to Hispanics because they need the votes but only pretend to reach out to blacks so they appear less racist.

Warren got some church pulpit time to stump in South Carolina... preach on...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/in-the-pulpit-on-the-curb-sanders-and-warren-take-2020-campaign-straight-to-sc-voters/ar-AAG1ewl

Fear me you lord and lady preachers
I descend upon your earth from the skies
I command your very souls you unbelievers
Bring before me what is mine
The seven seas of Rhye

There is 8 days until the deadline to make the September debates.  Tom Steyer is almost close to qualify, so he might be candidate 11.  If the Dems are smart, they should divide the debates into 2 nights.   You can have a stronger debate by splitting the qualified field of 10/11 candidates into 2 nights.   They aren't smart and won't do it though.

Rolling Stone: Trump 2020: Be Very Afraid

22 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There is 8 days until the deadline to make the September debates.  Tom Steyer is almost close to qualify, so he might be candidate 11.  If the Dems are smart, they should divide the debates into 2 nights.   You can have a stronger debate by splitting the qualified field of 10/11 candidates into 2 nights.   They aren't smart and won't do it though.

Rolling Stone: Trump 2020: Be Very Afraid

If it goes to 11 it becomes 2 nights.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/20/donald-trump-weighing-payroll-tax-cuts-steps-economy/2061234001/

Donald Trump says he's weighing cuts in payroll taxes, capital gains but dismisses recession fears

WASHINGTON – President Donald Trump said Tuesday his administration is looking at a temporary reduction in payroll taxes and other proposals to lift the economy but he dismissed warnings from private economists about the threat of a U.S. recession.

If Trump temporarily cuts my payroll taxes, I'm going to earmark some portion of it to give to his opponent in the general election.  

and the Gross Orange Pig, supreme leader of the party/cult of racism, gun fetiishism, religious nutters, homophobia, science-deniers, and alternative facts, has now added the pm of denmark to his "nasty" woman list (he called her nasty) :) because he has never grown past the lowbrow wit and stunted personality of his underachieving insecure frustrated boyhood, mentored by a father and others who represent the worst in people

look at your malevolent twisted little boy republicans, and look at all your brothers and sisters still wearing that r proudly....what a historical testimonial to your thinking overall and the dominating absence of current positive value

Archived