Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

17 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I’ve given money to Warren. If Bernie wins, and tbf he has the highest floor of anyone, I’d be happy too. 

Agree that Bernie has the highest floor given his weird cult of personality from 2016.  I don't think anyone's floor has any bearing on anything though.  Right now it looks like it's Biden's to lose.  I think Biden certainly has the potential to **** it up, but his flip flop this week shows that he's got people that will help him not get bogged down with fights over discrete issues, which I think is very smart, tactically, for him. 

Not that anyone asked, but at this point, in June 2019, I'm looking forward to seeing it play out via debates and other public interactions.  At this point, I'd enthusiastically vote for about half a dozen candidates and have given money to 3.  If Bernie wins the nomination, I'm gonna have to vote very drunk (assuming Trump is still in office).

9 hours ago, goskins10 said:

I expect to see someone like Mayor Pete, Andrew Yang, Tulsi Gabbard or someone like them to emerge. Maybe even a Jay Inslee or Kirsten Gillenbrand.

Mayor Pete is the only one you listed, who could get the nomination but he's doing very poor with minorities; so doubtful.   Andrew Yang is going no where.  Tulsi is nut and not going anywhere.   Jay is just a single issue candidate.   Kirsten isn't going anywhere.

If the nominee isn't Biden or Sanders; then it will probably be Lizzie, Mayor Pete, Kamala or Beto. 

Those minor candidates have to really have a good showing at the June and July debates or they will have to start dropping out.  Could someone break out, yeah.  I don't see who it will be though.

10 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Mayor Pete is the only one you listed, who could get the nomination but he's doing very poor with minorities; so doubtful.   Andrew Yang is going no where.  Tulsi is nut and not going anywhere.   Jay is just a single issue candidate.   Kirsten isn't going anywhere.

If the nominee isn't Biden or Sanders; then it will probably be Lizzie, Mayor Pete, Kamala or Beto. 

Those minor candidates have to really have a good showing at the June and July debates or they will have to start dropping out.  Could someone break out, yeah.  I don't see who it will be though.

I am going to guess you either ignored or skipped this part of my comment. 

image.thumb.png.5fb9863bbaba2c38fc25944fe4124f0b.png

Only in America would a voter look at Trump vs. Warren and decide over the DNA results.  Considering the entire context of that, versus Trump being pretty much a straight up liar about everything.   Some people are going to vote for Trump on issues, whatever, they won't be swayed, however the so-called middle of the road/independent voters, if they legitimately would vote for Trump over Warren based on that native american thing, then that spells trouble for any candidate ever not named Trump since Trump is the one candidate that seems to be immune from paying any kind of price for consistently lying to people's faces.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I have no idea why Beto is running for President and he doesn’t seem to know either.

Assume that for most of them, it's a case of 

a)  Who knows, there's a slim chance I might win.  

b)  And even if I don't, I'll vastly improve my name recognition, for a lesser job.  

I mean, there's a power vacuum in the Dem Party right now.  Hillary spent the last 8 years crystallizing everything around herself, so there's no real clear bench  ready to step up.  The Dem Party has a starter who just got benched, no second string, and 53 UDFAs.  The chance for a lucky UDFA walking out on the field isn't bad.  

And then, the lucky winner gets to go against Trump.  Who in many ways ought to be the weakest incumbent Pres, at least since WW2.  

Normally, the chance for somebody to go from Mayor or some such to President would be a joke.  But in this situation?  

45 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I have no idea why Beto is running for President and he doesn’t seem to know either.

he believed the press from his earlier run ,too bad for him they have shifted the love to Buttjug.

Image result for jilted beto

11 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

We still going on about identity politics when you have Republicans literally trying to rig the census to benefit white Republicans. Major **** out of here with that.

Only white identity matters

We had hundreds of articles about the white working class voter after the 2016 elections, yet we can’t talk about identity politics. It’s nonsense.

At this point, with this field, I really think that polling is almost entirely based on name recognition, and the big challenge the candidates have to to is to fight over air time.  

(I also think that that's why it's way too early to pronounce Biden as The Only One.  A lot of his numbers, I bet, is simply because a lot of people have heard of him, and don;t have a clue what the other 23 candidates have to say. )

Archived