Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Just now, PleaseBlitz said:

I think that is very well stated, and I agree with you completely.  

I think he's full of **** and we ought to make fun of him

(i don't really know anything about what he said but we could still make fun of him)

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

i know less about this than buzz. basically i support massive tax increases for people with nicer cars than me.

Good one boss, need another beer?

I love seeing a conversation discussing alterations to taxation, etc., it is heartening that y'all are hopeful enough to believe that we will survive long enough for that to matter, but I have a different tack. Not to wander too far OT, but I'd like see a candidate, SOMEONE, come out and say that before we start promising stuff to anyone and even before we start taking a bigger bite of others that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption. Claw back the ungodly millions that have been pilfered by people abusing Medicare payments, and I mean corporations whose entire business model is scamming the system. Go out and recover unpaid taxes, which again are disproportionately owed by wealthy individuals and corporations, and do something about the offshore tax havens that people use to hide money and avoid taxes. Clean up the house before you start picking out colors of new paint.

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

I just hope we can all realize that the 10k SALT deduction limit is a giant ****ing problem for anyone who lives in a progressive state. **** the GOP for using this to pay for the 1% tax reductions.

Well next time you'll know better and vote for Trump so he doesn't **** you over.  #MAGA.

1 minute ago, LD0506 said:

that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption.

well you obviously DON'T need another beer.

in an attempt to get even more OT, does anyone else get a laugh looking at the screen names when you are tagging someone.  I was tagging Jumbo and right below his name is a screen name "Jumbo in his Anus"     hahahaha

2 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

well you obviously DON'T need another beer.

in an attempt to get even more OT, does anyone else get a laugh looking at the screen names when you are tagging someone.  I was tagging Jumbo and right below his name is a screen name "Jumbo in his Anus"     hahahaha

i'm not responsible for the dreams of others

11 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

Good one boss, need another beer?

I love seeing a conversation discussing alterations to taxation, etc., it is heartening that y'all are hopeful enough to believe that we will survive long enough for that to matter, but I have a different tack. Not to wander too far OT, but I'd like see a candidate, SOMEONE, come out and say that before we start promising stuff to anyone and even before we start taking a bigger bite of others that we are going to root out actual waste and corruption. Claw back the ungodly millions that have been pilfered by people abusing Medicare payments, and I mean corporations whose entire business model is scamming the system. Go out and recover unpaid taxes, which again are disproportionately owed by wealthy individuals and corporations, and do something about the offshore tax havens that people use to hide money and avoid taxes. Clean up the house before you start picking out colors of new paint.

Given that this is the 2020 Presidential Election thread, I would really love for a candidate to base their candidacy on 3 things:

1. Security - Securing our borders from Russian influence, punishing the **** out of Russia for doing it, reengaging with our traditional allies and trade partners to reassert America's place in atop the global order.
  2. Social Equality - This would cover criminal justice reform, voting rights/gerrymandering, workplace discrimination, education (meaning improving public schools and revamping how we pay for college) and election finance reform/Citizen's United. 
  3. Economic Welfare - Taxes (as noted above, increasing them on the very wealthy), healthcare (more of it), consumer protection (more of it), infrastructure ($1 trillion).  

1 hour ago, superozman said:

..... Also can there be "too many" candidates, meaning could there be so many candidates that it actually helps the Republicans?

I think the 2016 Republican Primaries showed there can be too many candidates.  Whether to many candidates helps the Republicans remains to be seen (Dems certainly thought it helped them in 2016)  but it could certainly hurt the Democrats.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

3, what all the candidates in the Dem primary will be discussing is how to increase taxes on the very wealthy, because taxes on the very wealthy have steadily declined from a 91% top marginal tax rate in the 1950s to a 37% top bracket now

How are you defining wealthy?

specifically at what household income for a 2 income family are you asking for rates to be higher? I’m not asking for a full breakdown just a simple “200k and above needs to pay more” sort of thing. 

The problem I’ve always had with the left on these discussions is they use terms like rich, wealthy, etc. when real numbers start getting used I realize we have very different definitions of those terms. 

Like Clinton during her campaign said over 150k income didn’t need help with college or something which is ****ing dumb and shows how out of touch she is (and most very wealthy people are)

32 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I think the 2016 Republican Primaries showed there can be too many candidates.  Whether to many candidates helps the Republicans remains to be seen (Dems certainly thought it helped them in 2016)  but it could certainly hurt the Democrats.

Especially if the end goal is defeating trump. 

I think its entirely likely they will need a specific type of person to defeat him, and I don’t know that a large primary will let that person get through to the general. 

1 minute ago, visionary said:

Honestly I've been assuming Schultz is just in it to get attention and sell his book.  I think everyone's giving him way too much attention, considering it seems like everyone hates him.....

I don't hate him. He may give me an option to vote for (Certainly not voting for Trump or any of the current Dems).

Schultz says he has no intention of playing spoiler but let's say he follows through with running and is polling around 10-15% of the vote.  That means he has zero chance of winning but as a 3rd party candidate it would considered a high amount.  What does he do in that scenario?  He has said already he is a life long Democrat, so even at 10-15% polling, it gives him zero chance to win, instead it gives Trump 100% odds to be re-elected.

What will his priority be?

Also, how quickly will he drop out of the race so that his supporters can re-assimilate into the general voting block and we don't have a bunch of bitter Schultz-ies staying home on election day out of spite.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Given that this is the 2020 Presidential Election thread, I would really love for a candidate to base their candidacy on 3 things:

1. Security - Securing our borders from Russian influence, punishing the **** out of Russia for doing it, reengaging with our traditional allies and trade partners to reassert America's place in atop the global order.
  2. Social Equality - This would cover criminal justice reform, voting rights/gerrymandering, workplace discrimination, education (meaning improving public schools and revamping how we pay for college) and election finance reform/Citizen's United. 
  3. Economic Welfare - Taxes (as noted above, increasing them on the very wealthy), healthcare (more of it), consumer protection (more of it), infrastructure ($1 trillion).  

PleaseBlitz 2020

1 hour ago, nonniey said:

Certainly not voting for Trump

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c50d499684c33336b

3 hours ago, Jumbo said:

I think he's full of **** and we ought to make fun of him

(i don't really know anything about what he said but we could still make fun of him)

This is the first post on the page I jumped to so I’ll have to go back and see who it is and what he said but I’m in agreement.

edit: ok I read it. Can you imagine how tiny of a penis someone would have to have to conjure up such deep thoughts on taxes? Not just short, but thin too. We’re talking like a shih tzu’s penis. One that the other shih tzu’s all point and laugh at after gym class. Shih tzus are assholes.

Archived