Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

27 minutes ago, visionary said:

Worse has been said in every campaign, a hell of a lot worse was said about Trump by people who lick his toes daily.  She probably should have said she wasn't going to get into it again though, even if it's mostly pretty accurate. 

I dont agree that everyone dislikes him or that it's just a charade, even if I dont agree with everything he says.  And the people voting to get Trump out arent going to be bootlicking zombies that will show up no matter what, otherwise Hillary would be president right now. I dont believe it was worth it regardless how much was true. Shes not helping.

It is interesting though that Hillary one way or another is drawing Bernie bot attention away from the other candidates.  On the other hand I remember how her comments on Tulsi were blown up and then resulted in Tulsi deciding not to run again for congress and mostly lose support in the primaries after she showed her true colors.  I doubt this stuff with Bernie was calculated though, since she was just answering questions on something she'd said a while back.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Wtf is she doing?  What is she going to do if hes the nominee and this turns into a campaign ad on repeat?  Endorse him?  Not talking coulda avoided all that.

She literally said she won't commit to supporting him if he's the nominee. 

History won't be kind to the Clintons. And it shouldn't be. 

Trump has to be smiling.   He is going to get to say, see he was innocent; when the Senate doesn't convict him.  

The Dems are about to engage in an all out civil war.  There is no way in hell, they come out of this process united and bring out enough voters to give their candidate an electoral college win. 

Progressives are not going to support Joe Biden.  Warren/Sanders will not be supported by establishment Dems.  2020 looks like it could be worse than 2016.

16 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

She literally said she won't commit to supporting him if he's the nominee. 

History won't be kind to the Clintons. And it shouldn't be. 

And yet Bill was the most successful President since Reagan. If it (history) isn't kind to him how kind will it be to his following 2 successors? ( I left the 3rd one out since he is still President).

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Trump has to be smiling.   He is going to get to say, see he was innocent; when the Senate doesn't convict him.  

The Dems are about to engage in an all out civil war.  There is no way in hell, they come out of this process united and bring out enough voters to give their candidate an electoral college win. 

Progressives are not going to support Joe Biden.  Warren/Sanders will not be supported by establishment Dems.  2020 looks like it could be worse than 2016.

I still think it is a toss-up for November no matter who the nominee for the Dems is. That said I think they have a somewhat better chance with a Biden or Klobucher than a Sanders or Warren.

11 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I actually disagree with this. Dems are going to unite at the end of the day. Trump is the uniting factor and the establishment and progressive leaders are going to feel a lot of pushback from constituents if they hesitate at all to unite. Hillary felt that pushback yesterday when she didn't immediately say she would endorse Bernie if he was the nominee. She walked backed her statement quickly. 

16 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I actually disagree with this. Dems are going to unite at the end of the day. Trump is the uniting factor and the establishment and progressive leaders are going to feel a lot of pushback from constituents if they hesitate at all to unite. Hillary felt that pushback yesterday when she didn't immediately say she would endorse Bernie if he was the nominee. She walked backed her statement quickly. 

Even if the politicians play nice, the voters won't necessarily doing the same. I could be wrong, but we will see.

5 hours ago, nonniey said:

And yet Bill was the most successful President since Reagan. If it (history) isn't kind to him how kind will it be to his following 2 successors? ( I left the 3rd one out since he is still President).

See, it's an odd legacy. I think he goes down as an upper tier President, you could even make an argument for top 10 all-time (go thru the whole list, it's actually hard to come up with 10 good ones). But the legacy of his whole public life, between triangulation, sec scandals, narcissism, self promotion at the expense of all else, Hillary's electoral misses and myriad bad dealing leaves them as largely negative figures to history.

It's an odd place in history to pin down, but that's how I see it.

Bill Clinton had some good policies and was able to work with Republicans to get some things done. He's also a political hawk and a cooze hound who's inability to keep it in his pants should not be overlooked. He gets a bump because of economic prosperity but in reality, most of that had to do with him being elected in 1992 & 1996. Whoever was in office at that time would've gotten the same bump.

Overall: B

9 hours ago, nonniey said:

History will be very kind to Obama. Economic turnaround, health care and the importance of being the first non-white male POTUS. Just as the first woman POTUS will face a lot of **** simply for being a woman, the first black man faced a lot of **** simply cause of the color of his skin. 

Not to veer too much off topic but I occasionally think how great things could be in this country if the GOP had been willing to work with Obama from day one. He was generally a centrist POTUS after all. 

Archived