Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

It will be interesting, hearing Trump claim that he can fix all of these things that the Dems claim need fixing, after not doing anything about it for 4 years.

I think I'm team Buttigueg stronger than ever at this point.  Also, I'm thinking that Andrew Yang is my #2.  I'll vote for whoever the nominee actually is, but those two seem to have my strongest support.

10 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

What is even the argument for Andrew Yang?  How is he not in the same bucket as the self-help lady?

Well he’s the only one pushing for UBI, which is something we probably need to get on sooner rather than later.  He seems to be the MOST forward thinking of all the nominees.  Plus he’s young, smart, speaks pretty well.  He seems cool, which is superficial but important when running against Trump.

Also, when I took the Wapo quiz, Yang was apparently the one who’s viewpoints I lined up with the most.  So, I guess that makes me a fan.

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Before I click that video, is Yang doing whippets with those frat boys?  Cause that's some gang **** if that's how he rolls.

Also, "cool" is comparative.  So... it's not like he has very far to go.  Again, it's superficial, but Americans are very superficial people.  I like you @PleaseBlitz for entirely superficial reasons.

No whippets, which would be a totally different thing than the actual video.  Cool is comparative, but Yang seems like a straight up wierdo.  Even his staffer in that video is like "WTF are you doing man, stop this."  :ols:

Just pointing out, really good jobs report out, yet again.  

Yahoo: JOBS REPORT: U.S. payrolls jump by 266,000, smashing expectations

Non-farm jobs up 266K (and that's after moving the report for the previous month upward.)  

Unemployment 3.5%.  Ties September for lowest since 1969.  

Average wages up 3.1% for the year.  

I don't see Mr. Average American breaking out the champagne.  But folks, it's damned tough to beat an incumbent President with a good economy.  

(Although, granted, if anybody can do it, it's Trump.)  

Is Yang's UBI the biggest test of "will voters vote based on a single issue?" since pro-choice/pro-life?   I like Yang, he seems like a swell guy, and would probably do a good job in public office in some capacity, however I am not sure I want that kind of inexperience in the Whitehouse for another 4 years.  When Trump was first starting to climb the polls in the GOP primary the thing that worried me the most is that so  many folks were willing to award this job to someone with zero experience at it, at any level.  Maybe Yang has more thoughts and things to say on other issues and he just doesn't get enough time to speak on it due to the debate format?

All trends seem to still point to Biden getting the nomination. Whatever, fine.  However, my biggest fear is that he polls well based on name value and Obama.  I am worried a lot of people aren't paying attention to the process right now, and won't until the general election. Once he is plastered all over the news every night his gaffes and quirks might not be so well received.  Who knows. 

Just now, NoCalMike said:

All trends seem to still point to Biden getting the nomination. Whatever, fine.  However, my biggest fear is that he polls well based on name value and Obama.  I am worried a lot of people aren't paying attention to the process right now, and won't until the general election. Once he is plastered all over the news every night his gaffes and quirks might not be so well received.  Who knows. 

I think people are universally familiar with his gaffes and quirks. And in the Age of Trump, I don't think gaffes and quirks mean much. 

My biggest fear is the privileged hipster leftist class throwing another hissy fit and throwing the election for the Trump because Biden doesn't pass their purity test. Hopefully they'll be adults and recognize what's at stake for folks other than them but I'm not holding my breath. 

3 minutes ago, DoneMessedUp said:

My biggest fear is the privileged hipster leftist class throwing another hissy fit and throwing the election for the Trump because Biden doesn't pass their purity test. Hopefully they'll be adults and recognize what's at stake for folks other than them but I'm not holding my breath. 

That too.

I think Biden's quirks and gaffes are accepted by a certain amount of voters, but it is hard to compare anyone or any action to Trump since he seemingly gets a pass on everything.

48 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

The younger voters won’t be that motivated to vote for him.

Also, I have this feeling that Joe will think he has the election in the bag. I see him as Hillary 2.0.

If Joe wins, his veep and cabinet better be ready to use the 25th amendment. I can’t see Joe being able to function for a full term.

Archived