Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

14 minutes ago, clietas said:

Not that he lost in Texas. He lost to Ted Cruz specifically. 

I know I know it Texas. Uh but also its Ted Fn Cruz. Republicans even hate him.

As unpopular as Trump is as long as he remains in the picture he'll have at least a 50/50 chance of winning. Incumbent President with a good economy to run on ain't easy to beat.

I think if Beto runs, he’ll do very well. It’s gonna be a crowded field, so it’s anyone’s guess. 

As to Trump, I think people were willing to give him a shot, figured he would grow into the job, and thought of the 2 options, he was the one that wasnt under FBI investigation. None of those things are true anymore. I think if the Dems nominate a good candidate, not Bernie or someone else terrible, that person will win. 

I think the demographics at some point get the GOP. Their voter base is dying... and I think most 18 year kids are Dem voters... at least that is what I suspect polling demographic data says. Trump is not doing them any favors...

But who knows... I thought Hillary was gonna win easy...

I think Beto’s run in Texas only shows how well he could do on the national ticket. He turned out more people in Texas than anyone thought could be done. He energized that state and laid groundwork that could eventually turn it purple. 

Trump won by an extremely small number of votes across a few key states. 

He can get those votes out in large numbers and also wouldn’t have the people that just didn’t want to vote for HC to worry about either. 

I’ve thought a Harris/Beto or hell Beto/Harris ticket is a winner for a long time. 

45 minutes ago, clietas said:

Betos been a City Councilman and a Congressman. Only person to go from being a Congressman to being President is James Garfield. I know Trump changed everything but historically the odds don't look to be in Betos favor. 

Thats why I’d put him at VP right now and he’d be ready for it in 2028

51 minutes ago, clietas said:

With Harris Biden or even Clinton at the top of the ticket? Most likely dems then go with Biden or Clinton. Ugh just run Beto at the top o the ticket if that's the case.

We aren’t going to put a super progressive in right away imo. We need to take it in steps tho. Get a Dem elected and try to take back the Senate. Beto csn help with that. 

No Dem President is getting elected without Medicare for all being at the top of their platform. 

Get that in place and then it’s success will breed more progressive policies and candidates and further sway public opinion. But we aren’t there yet. But this is where we start to pave the way for those freshman reps this year to make their presidntial runs on further left policies in 10-15 years. It starts with Medicare for all and tax reform which any of the top Dems in 2020 would be behind imo. 

Main priority has to be just getting the White House in 2020 and go from there. That’s why I think Beto as VP makes so much sense and we can seriously help with the much needed Senate push 

id still stay away from Bernie, Clinton and Biden tho 

Ok, here's my tl;dr morning coffee rant.....

IMO it can't just be "win whatever the cost" for Dems, there has to be some underlying ethos to it, you cannot just field a Rock/CardiB ticket because of Twitter trending or some other kinda horse****

When I look at candidates announced or considering, I have a few things I want to see. Smarts, toughness, an actual resume and track record that tells us something beyond slogans. Wins are pretty but the times they got punched in the nose tell me more.

Harris checks a LOT of the boxes for me, not everything, she isn't "perfect" but this is really one of those cases where the search for perfection is the enemy of good. It is the duty of anyone that wants to opine to do their homework, let the internet help with history and background, ie. know wtf you're talking about.

Her CV records a consistent rising level of public service acting as district attorney/attorney general on multiple levels, working with the LE community while having to balance their concerns with the public, especially in San Francisco where "community awareness" is very focused and vocal, making tough choices and having her feet to the fire defending them, the tenor of her actions and statements over time as she has grown and learned, the way she is responding to being called out on decisions about Norsworthy or Mitrice Richardson, etc. (not going after Mnuchin is my personal ick moment), willing to address those head on says more to me than any one snapshot of any given day.

Politically she is engaging to several demographics, POC (daughter of an Indian cancer researcher and a Jamaican economics professor), women at a time when the rising networked energy of women is translating into political power in a way not yet appreciated or understood by most of the media talking heads (be prepared to learn a lot more about her AKA support), law and order conservatives that might listen to someone that has walked the walk and genuinely gets their side while at the same time she has had to deal with the way the justice system can be skewed. 

I for one am glad that the primary season essentially began the day after the midterms, a crowded boisterous field of candidates representing the range and diversity of the party and the country serves us all well. Having multiple female candidates forces the narrative beyond some facile "the WOMAN" candidate to women candidates, with a refreshingly wide span already of views and experience. I see nothing but upside in Harris blowing out some of the lightweight political opportunists (yes, I am looking at you Gillibrand and Gabbard!) to demonstrate to the electorate that this isn't simply some fashionable gyno-candidate, I don't see her having any qualms about show her tough when necessary. We are going to get real issues and debates with meat on the bone, we'll get to see how light any of them are on their feet in the social media age, how they weather the inevitable nasty counterfire from the other side, and how gracious they can be in building and maintaining a coalition across the spectrum without pandering or selling their souls.

We're a long way from the next election, and I know everyone is already a bit tattered and tired from the maelstrom that has raged for the last two years but pace yourself, this could actually be fun. We are on the cusp of great changes in this country, it remains to be seen just what they might be but dammit, I will be tuned in unless I croak.

2 hours ago, LD0506 said:

IMO it can't just be "win whatever the cost" for Dems, there has to be some underlying ethos to it, you cannot just field a Rock/CardiB ticket because of Twitter trending or some other kinda horse****

I hope that wasn’t directed at me. I meant win the White House from a pool of qualified candidates, obviously. 

The Rock is one of my favorite people in the world and Has been basically my entire life yet wouldn’t consider voting for him as the Dem nominee regardless of how popular he is because he isn’t qualified. Would never vote for Oprah either etc. 

although if its the rock and trump, yeah I’d vote for the rock. At least he seems like a decent human being 

Whoever the D nominee is, the Bernie Bros better not wreck this election too. If they truly are progressives, they need to get over Bernie losing again and fully support the D nominee. Otherwise, what exactly are they fighting for in the D party? 4 more years of neoconservative teabaggery?

Also..I'd almost say it's even money the nominee is Biden (if he runs) or someone lesser known (to most people) right now. Someone like Jay Inslee or Sherrod Brown. 

Ok ok Cardi B can wait n run in 2028. 

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Whoever the D nominee is, the Bernie Bros better not wreck this election too. If they truly are progressives, they need to get over Bernie losing again and fully support the D nominee. Otherwise, what exactly are they fighting for in the D party? 4 more years of neoconservative teabaggery?

Also..I'd almost say it's even money the nominee is Biden (if he runs) or someone lesser known (to most people) right now. Someone like Jay Inslee or Sherrod Brown. 

Bernie Bros wrecked the election? No Robbie Mook and Hillary ran a ****ty campaign. Plain and simple.

3 out of the 4 Democratic Nominees this century were terribly run. Obama ran great campaigns. Hillary, Kerry, Gore runs were disasters. Each can even be summed up in one word. Lewinsky,  Swiftboat, Emails. 

15 minutes ago, clietas said:

Ok ok Cardi B can wait n run in 2028. 

Bernie Bros wrecked the election? No Robbie Mook and Hillary ran a ****ty campaign. Plain and simple.

3 out of the 4 Democratic Nominees this century were terribly run. Obama ran great campaigns. Hillary, Kerry, Gore runs were disasters. Each can even be summed up in one word. Lewinsky,  Swiftboat, Emails. 

Wait which one is Gore? 😁

But no doubt the elections were run poorly (hindsight and all). But the new young left Bernie Bros absolutely assisted in testing down HRC and then not voting for her when she won the nomination. To me, that cannot continue unless the Bernie Bros are truly just in this for themselves. And even then, them assisting neocon teabaggers doesn't make sense (to me).

Don't worry Bernie won't win this time either. Clinton supporters wont back him. Still bitter bout exactly what ya posted. Plus there will be far more choices this go round.

Hillary shouldn't have written off Bernie supporters in 2016. Just like she shouldn't have written off places like Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. 

Trump ran a much better campaign. Which is sad.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I hope that wasn’t directed at me. I meant win the White House from a pool of qualified candidates, obviously. 

The Rock is one of my favorite people in the world and Has been basically my entire life yet wouldn’t consider voting for him as the Dem nominee regardless of how popular he is because he isn’t qualified. Would never vote for Oprah either etc. 

although if its the rock and trump, yeah I’d vote for the rock. At least he seems like a decent human being 

Dude that wasn't directed "at" anybody, sorry if it sounded like it.

Usually if I take a shot at someone they don't have to wonder 🤣

And seriously, I like DJ a lot, he might even be able to do a good job but my point was that it cannot be a choice made by the flavor du jour demographic

If we haven't learned anything else it ought to be that we do see why actual experience and competence matters

Bernie's problems, aside from being an old, cranky curmudgeon, is that this time around he is 1) going to be judged against more than one person (none of whom have been the subject of a sustained oppo campaign for literally decades) and 2) other candidates this cycle will actually attack him (last time, Hillary treated him with kid gloves because he had no real chance of winning and she'd eventually need "his people").  

Bernie should get a lot of credit for moving the platform to the left.  Credit, not votes. 

Archived