Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

Deport every person asking for all deportations to end. Morons.

7 hours ago, tshile said:

I like Amy klobachar’s issues page on her website and I watched her on msnbc. I seem to like her

what am I missing?

She has a name recognition problem and she doesn’t have a clear coalition like Warren/Bernie or Biden. 

I like her too and am considering her over Warren.

8 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

The GOP motto from here on forward should just be "except for Trump" 

Oh, I don't doubt that there will come a day when the GOP standard line will be to pretend that Trump is singlehandedly responsible for everything.  

It won't be true.  But they'll say it.  And their followers will swallow it.  

There is very little that's gone on in this administration that isn't simply the W administration, increased somewhat.  

And after W left office, the GOP mantra was that W made them do all if those things that are now seen to be Wrong.  And now that W is gone, we should put the New Improved GOP back in power.  So they can do . . . . all of the things they did under W.  

And did not change their policies in the slightest.  

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Dude's going to flounder if he's the nominee. 

A man who's had a reputation as a gaffe machine for 30-40 years.  

9 hours ago, tshile said:

I like Amy klobachar’s issues page on her website and I watched her on msnbc. I seem to like her

what am I missing?

People here know I've been backing her from the beginning.  I read somewhere what I think is a great description.  Klobuchar is a perfect presidential candidate...Midwestern (as far as helping win tougher states), able to work with both sides of the aisle, great track record in the Senate, no baggage other than supposedly being mean to her staff.  Unfortunately, she's what a great presidential candidate would have been 20-30 years ago.  In the current atmosphere, she doesn't move the needle much.

She's gone from 2-3% polling to 5-6% over the past few months and she has qualified for December.  Problem is she's basically in the same lane as Biden and Buttigieg and needs their supporters to flip to her.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

New article about Biden's stuttering problem as a child is out, sorry I don't have a link, but it was on MoJoe. 

Apparently the interviewer has the same issue and recognized the signs. Biden doesn't want it to be something trump harps on or makes fun of. 

Trump will.

The Dems need a nominee who will shread Trump.  Harp on how this 73 year old man is mentally unfit and has the mentality of a 7 year old child.

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

New article about Biden's stuttering problem as a child is out, sorry I don't have a link, but it was on MoJoe. 

Apparently the interviewer has the same issue and recognized the signs. Biden doesn't want it to be something trump harps on or makes fun of. 

7 hours ago, No Excuses said:

She has a name recognition problem and she doesn’t have a clear coalition like Warren/Bernie or Biden. 

I like her too and am considering her over Warren.

(general reply to everyone who answered my questions. and thank you...)

so basically she fails the cult of personality test.

sweet. i'm glad our country is largely stocked with morons. we have the government we deserve. 

(this feels like how every "hey, that person might actually be good for <political position>, wonder why they're not getting more traction" moment i have ends... so infuriating.)

3 hours ago, No Excuses said:

I still worry how he will handle debates against a persistent, sociopathic liar. His current debate performance is no where close to the clown pounding he dished to Paul Ryan in 2012.

Is that because he's trying to tiptoe around the fact that he's an old white guy going against women? I mean obviously they aren't all women, but there's an issue with how it all looks... we're in a time where those appearances matter, even when they shouldn't.

I'm just thinking that problem wont exist when the opponent is trump...

17 minutes ago, tshile said:

Is that because he's trying to tiptoe around the fact that he's an old white guy going against women? I mean obviously they aren't all women, but there's an issue with how it all looks... we're in a time where those appearances matter, even when they shouldn't.

Also, as much trepidations as I have about Biden, I would imagine the electorate will be hardcore baked in by the time presidential debates roll around.

just as a general note, if you're looking at a body of work (esp. considering how long the record is compared to others) and objectively assessing the pros and cons from a basic democrat pov, some of you guys are way too dismissive and even demeaning of biden,  even factoring in the times...it's an energetic push the progressive wing is mounting with their argument that getting more people who didn't vote in 2016 will be accomplished by fielding a big bold change agent and not another old mainstream white dude (the liability-spun characterization of joe)

but it's flimsily supported speculative thinking that what kept people from voting in 2016 was not having a candidate that's big and bold farther left as opposed to the loss having been due to a number of factors like hillary being slightly more unpopular with indies than realized, her neglectful campaign strategy errors, dings taken from rooskies/server/fbi/etc....an remember, even with all that broke his way trump won by narrow margins in key states...........if joe, just as he is now,  had run  and become the 2016 nominee,  do you think he---lame ole white guy foot in mouth history's passed you by joe--- would have beat trump?...i do...i offer this as someone who's never some biden guy

don't despair if joe were to become the nominee...he has domestic and int'l exp far more than others, and is a decent smart human being even if he ain't  as....let's say "current" or as sharp in his dialogues as many of us might prefer

he'd beat trump right now;...i don't think there's anyone else i'm as sure of, if it were held today

this is not an i want joe post---i hope someone else steps up and takes it away---i still hold out hope for a rebirth of harris or booker and have posted favorable on amy from the beginning, though she seemed shaky to me at times on camera....love some stuff about bernie and liz, but feel way safer with liz as a possible winner, yet still don't think either are gonna pull enough votes (easily could be wrong) to beat don and his vast campaign assets (think out what those assets really will be)...pete...still think he's not ready for prime time but great potential......but he's more than a beto

1 hour ago, tshile said:

It can be much simpler and less discriminatory than that.  

It could simply be a case of "I want those voters to vote for me, down the road."  

(Same reason the Republican candidates were unable/unwilling to attack Trump for his open courting of racists.  They wanted those votes.  Can't win without them.)  :) 

25 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

just as a general note, if you're looking at a body of work (esp. considering how long the record is compared to others) and objectively assessing the pros and cons from a basic democrat pov, some of you guys are way too dismissive and even demeaning of biden,  even factoring in the times...it's an energetic push the progressive wing is mounting with their argument that getting more people who didn't vote in 2016 will be accomplished by fielding a big bold change agent and not another old mainstream white dude (the liability-spun characterization of joe)

but it's flimsily supported speculative thinking that what kept people from voting in 2016 was not having a candidate that's big and bold farther left as opposed more to the loss having been due to a number of factors more like hillary being slightly more unpopular with indies than realized, her campaign strategy errors, dings taken from rooskies/serves/etc....an remember, even with all that broke his way, trump won by narrow margins in key states...........if joe, just as he is now,  had run  and become the 2016 nominee,  do you think he---lame ole white guy foot in mouth history's passed you by joe--- would have beat trump?...i do...i offer this as someone who's never some biden guy

don't despair if joe were to become the nominee...he has domestic and int'l exp far more than others, and is a decent smart human being even if he ain't  as....let's say "current" or as sharp in his dialogues as many of us might prefer

he'd beat trump right now;...i don't think there's anyone else i'm as sure of, if it were held today

this is not an i want joe post---i hope someone else steps up and takes it away---i still hold out hope for a rebirth of harris or booker and have posted favorable on amy from the beginning, though she's seemed shaky to me at times on camera....love some stuff about bernie and liz, but feel way safer with liz as a possible winner but don't think either are gonna pull enough votes (easily ready to find out i'm wrong on such speculation---these are hazy times) to beat don and his vast campaign assets (think out what those really will be and look like)...pete...still think he's not ready for prime time but great potential......he's more than beto

This is pretty much how I see it. I think it needs to be a center-left person with campaign experience to take down the Orange Toad. I'd like to see Biden partner with Amy, Booker or Harris to mold somebody to take over for him after 1 term. 

The country isn't going to pivot from Dumbass Don to a far-left candidate. The Dems focus needs to be on taking the White House, at all costs. Pick up some Senate seats, hold the House, and start to implement plans to move the country forward from the pits of the Petulant **** Grabber currently holding the country hostage. 

I admit I know very little about klobuchar and I should judge her on content rather than surface appearances, but there's something about her that i just dont like.

The accusations of her being mean to her staff I totally believe because for me she puts off a vibe that I pick up like a dog sensing evil.

I know it's a dreadful way to assess a candidate but in the likeability category she scores a zero for me.

4 hours ago, DoneMessedUp said:

She's entering the Beto stage of her campaign now. Probably start dropping F bombs by Christmas 

Well, march in rights do exist.  I think the easier solution though is to simply allow reverse importation from OECD countries

Archived