Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

That's fine. It also doesn't make people engaging in political boycotts "disgusting". Perhaps you don't care about who receives your dollars. Some people do. 🤷‍♂️

See, i think it does.  I feel awful for those that may lose their jobs over a boycott.

1 hour ago, JSSkinz said:

Why in the world would any business owner publicly support any party or candidate, whatever you do 50% of the people are going to hate you.

So dumb.

So in this situation I think it's clear.  Every democrat has talked about taxing the rich, etc.  So Ross goes "hmmm, which politician won't touch as much of my money...Donald!"

9 minutes ago, superozman said:

See, i think it does.  I feel awful for those that may lose their jobs over a boycott.

Ok so in your world people should continue putting their hard earned dollars into businesses that contradict their social values?

There is quite practically no logic in this. People decide to dump businesses all the time for a variety of reasons.

18 minutes ago, superozman said:

So in this situation I think it's clear.  Every democrat has talked about taxing the rich, etc.  So Ross goes "hmmm, which politician won't touch as much of my money...Donald!"

In the calculation you keep missing the tacit support for family separations, racism, cruelty, etc. Do you think Donald Trump is racist or damaging lives?

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

People have a 100% right to use or not use service providers in accordance with their own values. 

.... unless a boycott is counter to the economic interests of Israel. 

/hijack

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Republicans 2019: 

Not patronizing for-profit business based on a value judgement:  Extremely dangerous

Ban Planned Parenthood. :) 

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Bullock disqualifies himself for the second day in a row by butchering a Harry Potter reference.  

That reference would have made sense if the sorting hat killed half of the children at Hogwarts.  :ols:

I mean..come on. What do you think happens to Hufflepuffs? Nobody cares about them.

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I mean..come on. What do you think happens to Hufflepuffs? Nobody cares about them.

They get shunted into a corner, which is fair and appropriate according to my understanding of Wizard social order.  The sorting hat doesn't "narrow down" the class, that sounds like some super dark fan fiction.  

/Picture of sorting hat with bloody wolf-like fangs (which I'm sure exists but I am not searching for) goes here. 

Bullock was born in the 60's.  AT BEST he should stick to Star Wars (the originals) references and try not to **** those up.  

51 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Bullock disqualifies himself for the second day in a row by butchering a Harry Potter reference.  

That reference would have made sense if the sorting hat killed half of the children at Hogwarts.  :ols:

Alright that's it.  If Bullock wins the nomination, I'm voting third party.  There are some lines you just don't cross.

2 hours ago, No Excuses said:

Ok so in your world people should continue putting their hard earned dollars into businesses that contradict their social values?

There is quite practically no logic in this. People decide to dump businesses all the time for a variety of reasons.

I won't go to a Chick felet or however it's spelled. Hard not to shop at either Home Depot or Lowe's. My friends and I call it Homo Depot BTW.

FB_IMG_1565157213725.jpg

7 hours ago, superozman said:

I think the backlash is disgusting, and any backlash like this urging people to boycott because of an investor or an owner's political views.  I agree it could be damaging.  Damaging to the employees at each one of these establishments if enough people follow the boycott, which is going to hurt people making their day to day living here.  For Ross, it might be a drop in the bucket if a few franchises (or however its structured) end up closing because of boycotts.

It's America baby.    

Take Chick-Fil-A.   I love the place.  Some people though don't like them because the owner is anti-gay and gives his money to charities that are anti-guy.  So, they want to boycott Chick-Fil-A.  It's their right to do that.  It's their money and they don't want their money going to causes antithetical to them.

Trump is a cancer on this country. So, you wouldn't want to give your dollars to anything that supports this cancer.

13 hours ago, tshile said:

So soul cycles guy’s grand move to calm the boycott was to say yeah I know he’s racist but I make a lot more money because of him

interesting. Wonder if that’ll work. 

And SoulCycle and Equinox's grand move was to claim that (1) none of their profits go to politics and (2) he's a passive investor.

He's their majority owner and chairman of their holding company.  Any profits they make flow directly up to him.  He then spends it on politics.  

13 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

SoulCycle, Equinox, &Pizza.

Milk Bar and Momofuku as well

And Bluestone Lane, which is a coffee shop whose business model is, well if Starbucks can charge $5 for a cup of coffee, we should charge $8 and hope people assume it's better just because it's more expensive.  Also, $13 for some guacamole toast.  

Archived