Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

46 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Can anyone think of what candidate can actually beat Trump in 2020? What does that person need to appeal to, to win over enough voters to get 270 evs?

Hillary got got 230 something Evs. So, Dems need to win her states and flip back probably 3 states that total at least 40 evs. 

Florida is one possibility if enough Puerto Ricans have moved here. What that belt State can be clipped back? Or can the Dem win a couple of electoral rich southern states?

In 2016, everyone thought Hillary, and not Trump, was under federal investigation. In 2016, it wasn’t clear that a foriegn enemy was actively trying to rig the election in exchange for Trump’s fealty. Also, many voters were willing to give Trump a chance and assumed he’d grow into the job like a normal human would. Trump also ran as a populist but has governed like a plutocrat. A lot of people convinced themselves that one was just as bad as the other and didnt vote. Or assumed Hillary sould wn and didnt vote, or voted third party. Or stayed home because they were Bernie supporters with hurty feelings who convinced themselves that Hillary was worse than Trump. Now we have a year and a half of actual goverance under Trump, and its far worse than most people imagined. 

Anyone running against Trump needs to appeal to Americas sense of decency and a desire for competency and loyalty. That should be an easy case to make. 

9 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would like to see a candidate with an idea of how to fix the hyper-partisanship that is everywhere right now.  I have no clue how to do it but if they had a plan that sounded reasonable, they would have my vote in a heartbeat. 

Me too. Not really a top priority for me in 2018 or 2020 tho. 

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

I keep talking about Hickenlooper for a reason. I think he can fit the mold. 

Would you vote for him over Trump?

A ) Would you vote for him with Kasich as a VP?

B ) Would you vote for him with a more liberal Democrat as a VP?

I would. 

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Not really a top priority for me in 2018 or 2020 tho. 

Why not?  I think that would help fix much of what our issues are right now.  Can you imagine Trump if we actually had a congress that was willing to work with each other and cared about country over party?  Trump would have been out on his ass the day after inauguration.  

EDIT:  Why is it I can say ass here but not ****pit?

1 minute ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Why not?  I think that would help fix much of what our issues are right now.  Can you imagine Trump if we actually had a congress that was willing to work with each other and cared about country over party?  Trump would have been out on his ass the day after inauguration.  

Top priority is installing a President that knows what he/she is doing, not totally corrupt and plagued by scandal, tells the truth, and clearly is not in the tank for Putin. That is a relatively short-term goal. Then, once we have that, the longer term goal of addressing the partisanship can and should be addressed. 

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I would like to see a candidate with an idea of how to fix the hyper-partisanship that is everywhere right now.  I have no clue how to do it but if they had a plan that sounded reasonable, they would have my vote in a heartbeat. 

Half the damn Republicans running last time (2016) fits that mold and 25% of the Dems did too.  The Republicans could get out of each others way and the the Dem couldn't get any traction.

8 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Half the damn Republicans running last time (2016) fits that mold and 25% of the Dems did too.  The Republicans could get out of each others way and the the Dem couldn't get any traction.

I dont remember any candidate with a real plan to fix hyper partisanship. 

33 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I dont remember any candidate with a real plan to fix hyper partisanship. 

Plan? There can be no specific plan it is how they conduct themselves and it will probably take a couple of Presidencies to do this too.

22 minutes ago, Larry said:

It's the President's job to fix congressional partisanship?

Hopefully we can produce a leader who can do it.  Though I think Obama was the best shot and that didn't work out so I don't know anyone can fix it.

14 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Dudes who spent their entire adult lives voting for folks who openly campaign on the Clinton Death List and Obama Birth Certificate talk now pining for less partisanship.

Amusing.

Who are dudes you're referring to?

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Hopefully we can produce a leader who can do it.  Though I think Obama was the best shot and that didn't work out so I don't know anyone can fix it.

It is hard to see the hyper partisan rhetoric changing, but I would love that.  In the short term, maybe the best that we can hope for is a Bill Clinton type approach.  Even though there was a high level of partisanship, he and congress were able to find areas of agreement and pass some legislation with bipartisan support.

Just now, Nerm said:

It is hard to see the hyper partisan rhetoric changing, but I would love that.  In the short term, maybe the best that we can hope for is a Bill Clinton type approach.  Even though there was a high level of partisanship, he and congress were able to find areas of agreement and pass some legislation with bipartisan support.

That was 20 years ago and republicans still attempted to impeach him. 

It is amusing to hear right wingers now lament “hyperpartisianship” when their “side” is responsible for it. 

Refuse to work with President Obama? It’s Obama’s fault not them. 

Unprecedented stealing of a Supreme Court seat? Nothing to see here. Let’s just move on and not address it. 

The partisanship problem that is destroying this country is coming from one side. Until the republicans fix their party and root out the selfish nihilism that has infected them, this will continue. 

4 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

Would you vote for him over Trump?

A ) Would you vote for him with Kasich as a VP?

B ) Would you vote for him with a more liberal Democrat as a VP?

I would. 

Yes. 

A- definitely

B- definitely 

would I vote for him OVER Kasich?  No

5 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Well they have to allow ass how else can we talk about the Democrats otherwise?

4 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Top priority is installing a President that knows what he/she is doing, not totally corrupt and plagued by scandal, tells the truth, and clearly is not in the tank for Putin. That is a relatively short-term goal. Then, once we have that, the longer term goal of addressing the partisanship can and should be addressed. 

Heck when was the last time we had someone that matched all those criteria? January 1993??? 1989?, 1963?

Archived