Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Good.

Thank goodness.

Caucuses are le dumb.

Fun?  Sure.  But as with women in lakes handing out swords, it's not a great basis for a system of government.

1 hour ago, Kilmer17 said:

Let me know when they get rid of super delegates 

I would expect moving to a pure primary system would help to alleviate some of the issues.  Less messy and requiring less normalization across all states.  Should help to limit '68esque outcomes, which was/is the whole point of Superdelegates.

What they could do is bind superdelegates to whoever gets the plurality of votes in a state for the first ballot.  Easy and effective solution.

36 minutes ago, DogofWar1 said:

Thank goodness.

Caucuses are le dumb.

Fun?  Sure.  But as with women in lakes handing out swords, it's not a great basis for a system of government.

I would expect moving to a pure primary system would help to alleviate some of the issues.  Less messy and requiring less normalization across all states.  Should help to limit '68esque outcomes, which was/is the whole point of Superdelegates.

What they could do is bind superdelegates to whoever gets the plurality of votes in a state for the first ballot.  Easy and effective solution.

Well then why not just eliminate them?   What purpose would they serve in that scenario?

You do have it backwards, it's why Clinton won the primary season without the superdelegates because she won actual votes. The superdelegates are a red herring promulgated by Sanders after he entered the Democrat Party and signed on to the rules of the primary season, then whined when he didn't win the nomination. Then he went right back to being a registered Independent.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Sanders doesn't have to win anything.  The Dems are moving to his position on the issues. 

Gonna be interesting how that works out.

Between that and Trump maybe a 3rd party might take off, but probably just more realignment.

2 hours ago, Kilmer17 said:

What states that Trump lost will he lose to a Warren/Harris ticket?   Or Warren/other woman

Warren or Mark Warner?  I think Ladyskinsfan was talking about a Mark Warner candidacy a few days back. 

Man, what I wouldn't give for a Warner run.  The country should be so lucky.

Archived