Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

13 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's not going to happen for Bernie. Having a heart attack while campaigning does not bode confidence.

Agreed.

Also, waiting to say it was a heart attack makes it look worse for him. I know he raised a ton of money. He won't..... but imagine if he used that for nothing but negative ads about Trump saying the worst things he's said....over and over and over. 

The other thing about Bernie doing the debate is how extremely risky a move it is. Assuming he still had a chance to win (to be clear- he doesn't), then what are the optics if he, quite understandably, isn't up to completing the debate? Whatever problems they have now, and however much of a hit they might take from him skipping a debate, it would be so, so much worse if he ends up losing his breath or needing to sit down int he middle of that debate. All of which is extremely possible with a 78 year old two weeks removed from a heart attack. This seems like a really stupid chance to be taking. Desperation, I guess.

58 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The other thing about Bernie doing the debate is how extremely risky a move it is. Assuming he still had a chance to win (to be clear- he doesn't), then what are the optics if he, quite understandably, isn't up to completing the debate? Whatever problems they have now, and however much of a hit they might take from him skipping a debate, it would be so, so much worse if he ends up losing his breath or needing to sit down int he middle of that debate. All of which is extremely possible with a 78 year old two weeks removed from a heart attack. This seems like a really stupid chance to be taking. Desperation, I guess.

His ego is keeping him in his delusion.   He thinks he will be the nominee and will be president.  

21 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

His ego is keeping him in his delusion.   He thinks he will be the nominee and will be president.  

I agree. Never got his appeal. He comes off as selfish to me. Of course all these people who run for higher office are. But others also comb their hair. 

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Yeah, I just wonder how far his ego is going to push him. A guy who's almost 80 and just had a heart attack is going to raise some serious concerns about his ability to be POTUS and remain healthy. And it isn't like he was leading in the polls; he's been losing some ground and seems to be consistently behind Biden and Warren in polling now. IMO the best thing he could do is drop out of the race for health reasons (quite understandably...nobody would blame him) and then put his support behind the eventual nominee. I think Bernie is great for enthusiasm and in that role he could make much more limited and strategic appearances which would help him stay mindful of his health. 

5 hours ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I agree. Never got his appeal. He comes off as selfish to me. Of course all these people who run for higher office are. But others also comb their hair. 

Selfish is not the word that comes to mind.  When we say what does he have to lose, that's exactly it, hes 78, what does he have to lose?  I've already said he should stop, but I dont see him lasting long sitting around waiting to do die.  Theres really nothing about his personality that says he wants to go out like that. 

If he insists on doing the October debates, if he really needs to stop someone like his wife may step in after that.  The polls may jus fall enough he drops out, I expect this debate to be one where he acts like he wont be in another one if we really are at that point.  We should be, but imagine his 2016 still with him base wont switch candidates until he drops out.

What Bernie needs to get is that in several ways he won. He moved the needle and became a catalyst, shifting the idea of what's possible. A lot of Dems are now considering or arguing for ideas that he championed. Some Republicans are, too. That's his win. He, himself, was always too one-note a candidate and too extreme for the population (imo). So, what he ought to ask himself is what's more important, getting his dreams realized and advanced or personal reward? If it's the former, he should probably stand aside and use his mobilized resources and supporters to help one of his colleagues and bash the hell out of his enemies.

This thread is hilarious on this Bernie topic. A lot of you really don’t like him.

Sanders just raised the most money of any candidate last quarter, and did it without corporate backing. The people will decide if they don’t want him at the election booth.

13 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Newsflash, they all do. Lmao

The GOP should hope Trump loses in 2020.  Trump wins reelection, he will even more influence in the GOP than he does now.  A second term Trump, will finish molding the GOP after him.  You'll see more Trumpsters in the GOP; especially if the GOP has full control in 2021.  Despite Pence and Pompeo wishes; Trump will be dictating who the 2024 nominee is. 

3 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

The GOP should hope Trump loses in 2020.  Trump wins reelection, he will even more influence in the GOP than he does now.  A second term Trump, will finish molding the GOP after him.  You'll see more Trumpsters in the GOP; especially if the GOP has full control in 2021.  Despite Pence and Pompeo wishes; Trump will be dictating who the 2024 nominee is. 

I think it's likely Trump will be dictating who the GOP nomination is regardless of winning or losing in 2020. The party is his now. 

Did a little math last night.  

Took the average federal deficit for the two years before Trump took office.  

And the average federal deficit since he took office. 

Assumed that the difference was due to the two major bills the GOP/Trump passed when they gained power - the defense spending increase and the tax cuts - were the reason for the difference.  (I know, that's an assumption.  But it's not like the deficit has exploded for other reasons, like the economy tanking.  Hasn't happened yet.)  

And extrapolated it to the day in 2021 when Trump (hopefully) leaves office.  

And on that day, Trump and the GOP will be responsible for 5% of the total national debt.  Just because of those two bills.  

I like Bernie just fine. Would love to live in a country where he could actually win a general election, if even for 1 term just to see what kind of changes he can push through on a macro vs micro level, and force opponents from both parties to go on record for their compliant nature when it comes to big money in politics.

However I also find it perfectly legitimate to question whether an 80 year old man, who just suffered a heart attack belongs in this kind of position. 

Archived