Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

As much as my liberal friends think this encourages voting among their side, I feel it encourages trumps side and that they were beaten down a bit until now. 

When I think of the delta from 3 weeks ago to now, for each side, it just feels like one side changed a lot more than the other. 

7 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Honestly, I'm now hoping for some fire and destruction in DC tonight. No damage to people, of course. 

It's not happening tonight.  Probably tomorrow or whenever a big protest gets planned.  The crowd does not look too big.

10 hours ago, tshile said:

As much as my liberal friends think this encourages voting among their side, I feel it encourages trumps side and that they were beaten down a bit until now. 

When I think of the delta from 3 weeks ago to now, for each side, it just feels like one side changed a lot more than the other. 

You really think half the country is looking at current events and excited for 4 more years of it?

We need more polls, not buying it, you're also underestimating of political enthusiasm when the other half is protesting in nearly every major city in the country.

Hope people are still this mad in November.

48 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You really think half the country is looking at current events and excited for 4 more years of it?

We need more polls, not buying it, you're also underestimating of political enthusiasm when the other half is protesting in nearly every major city in the country.

Hope people are still this mad in November.

It’s not that, it’s just a question of what actual change is there. 

for example, with you and me, this doesn’t actually change anything. We’re still going to vote, always were, and always were going to vote for Biden. So our mindset is irrelevant here - it changes nothing. Likewise there were people that were going to vote for trump and nothing’s changed.  

the question is how many people have their intentions changed by this and how does that break down?

and what I’m personally seeing is people on the left that were already pissed and fully bought into the blue wave thing are still pissed and going to vote against trump - no real change. But on the right I’m seeing people catch their second wind on this “the rioters are destroying and hate our country” narrative. People that were tired of defending trump now have something to feel good about again. 

so what actually changes and for whom? That’s what I’m seeing. Doesn’t really mean anything it’s just an observation. 

and yes, I’m pretty much looking for something like that because right now the hopes for the election are that a demographic that struggles to show up and vote reliably will show up and vote, and a demographic that shows up every election and votes R every time doesn’t show up and vote this time. 

And you have that feeling too. Otherwise you wouldn’t have ended your post with “hope people are still this mad in november”

that’s exactly what I’m talking about. 

and unfortunately we’re going to have to deal with that until the narrative on the demographics and voting changes. Which will only happen after we’ve had them show up every time for a few election cycles

I randomly picked up my landline twice in one evening last week (ringer stays off, I happened to see it light up)...both were poll calls, one national & one local. I participated in both, each took less than 2 minutes. 

I put down the phone feeling a little proud of myself, haven't done one of those in years. 

@tshile think you looking at the last couple days too much in a vacuum.

Pandemic is still going along, a lot of those older reliable voters are dying, seniors are turning on him in droves.

Like I said, let's see what some updated polls say, GOP is already been sounding alarms, I'm not convinced this helps them more then hurts them from a net perspective.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

Like I said, let's see what some updated polls say, GOP is already been sounding alarms, I'm not convinced this helps them more then hurts them from a net perspective.

That’s fine. It’s just a personal observation. 

the people on the left are right where they’ve been for 3 years now. It’s the right I see changes on from this. 

and polls don’t mean a thing. Talk in June is cheap. Turnout in November is all that matters. 

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

A large chunk of it?  Absolutely.  

Right now, a big chunk of the country is absolutely convinced that mobs of left-wing black people have been burning buildings and attacking police officers so they can steal TVs and tennis shoes, and they've been doing it for four days, until Donald Trump opened a can of spinach, stepped forth, and the violence parted before him in a literal recreation of the parting of the Red Sea.  The cowardly thieves fleeing before his august presence.  

And that's before the right wing spin machine spends a month fabricating an alternate reality.  

16 minutes ago, tshile said:

That’s fine. It’s just a personal observation. 

the people on the left are right where they’ve been for 3 years now. It’s the right I see changes on from this. 

and polls don’t mean a thing. Talk in June is cheap. Turnout in November is all that matters. 

I'll give that they are just polls, polls many of us haven't seem before, like Collins down 10 points and Lindsey Graham tied.

They said Biden had an enthusiasm gap before this, want to see what they say after this, they shouldn't be ignored, otherwise what's the point of doing them?

17 minutes ago, Larry said:

A large chunk of it?  Absolutely.  

Right now, a big chunk of the country is absolutely convinced that mobs of left-wing black people have been burning buildings and attacking police officers so they can steal TVs and tennis shoes, and they've been doing it for four days, until Donald Trump opened a can of spinach, stepped forth, and the violence parted before him in a literal recreation of the parting of the Red Sea.  The cowardly thieves fleeing before his august presence.  

And that's before the right wing spin machine spends a month fabricating an alternate reality.  

Large chunk of folks about to be reminded we got a depression and global pandemic going on same time as this if that's the case. Economy hasn't reached rock bottom not has COVID finished rolling through rural areas.

Easy to cheer at your tv screen from afar, harder when the lights are out and you coughing up a lung.

It dawned on me today how galvanizing it will be for Biden's campaign to have Harris or Abrams as his running mate in this racially charged environment. Even if absolutely nobody cared about Biden, his campaign could pick up enthusiasm through osmosis by simply letting her talk. 

At the beginning of the year, I was certain that Trump was going to run away with this, but outside of the end of Buchanan's term and the resulting Civil War, I don't think a president has ever gone out worse than this. It's unfathomable how bad this year has been under Trump. The timing is horrendous for him and he's making it worse every single day. 

56 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Large chunk of folks about to be reminded we got a depression and global pandemic going on same time as this if that's the case. Economy hasn't reached rock bottom not has COVID finished rolling through rural areas.

Yeah.  No way people would vote against their own self interests in favor of a politician who's going to hurt them inner city black folks worse then he's hurting them.  

i think the hitler/bible pics (this one and others i've seen) are photoshopped.  i did a quick google search of "hitler bible photo" and came up empty.

not that trump isn't acting like a fascist dictator.

12 minutes ago, Larry said:

Yeah.  No way people would vote against their own self interests in favor of a politician who's going to hurt them inner city black folks worse then he's hurting them.  

Enough to reelect Trump? Not buying it right now.

How many people tried to convince themselves this isn't exactly what itd look like when they voted for him the first time? 

That's who im talking about. 

8 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wouldn't doubt if it was.  That picture us definitely strange looking compared to others of Hitler 

Ya, that one I think is fake, that cross on the Bible doesn't look right at all. 

Him being a devote Chrstian and Nazism really a Christian movement is highly controversial, I'd have to read more on it.

In meantime, yes, don't believe every photo you see in the Internet

Really+because+i+have+a+picture+right+here+of++_36a5854762f3072ffa319a7e7254110a.png

9 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I wouldn't doubt if it was.  That picture us definitely strange looking compared to others of Hitler 

that pic and the other i've seen on social media just seemed too damned convenient.

Archived