Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

You know when you start typing and you are just feeling it... then it turns to a manifesto and you are no longer feeling it but there’s a novel of words that are just sitting there now. Yea.  :chair:

Anyways, the interactive Times site is pretty harrowing, but very well done. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/05/24/us/us-coronavirus-deaths-100000.html

It's just so outrageously egregious how Trump did essentially nothing to help mitigate this thing. He looked at the states and said, "You're on your own!", then he threatened the blue states, then in his true lead by example moment he told people he used an unproven and possibly dangerous drug. I don't think there's really anything Trump has done over the last 3 years that has shown any type of real leadership that a president of the USA should command.

You'd have to be an absolute moron to think that Trump has shown any sort of leadership during his presidency and you'd have to be even dumber to vote for anyone except for Biden in the upcoming election. I don't care if it turns out that 200 women come forward with bogus rape allegations and you think they should be heard. Simply hearing Biden speak frankly inspires confidence in me. He knows what this country needs because he's seen it before and he's been there before.

I hope Biden brings back real White House press briefings by real communications professionals instead of these stupid tweets and "news" flashes by the Trump minions. In fact, his whole administration will be a breathe of fresh air.

This power trip thing is so troubling for me. I can't believe that people like Kelly Anne Conway attack Trump and then just completely lose it when hired by Trump. People lost their minds to curry favor with Trump. It's the most blatant example as I've ever seen in my adult life. It seems Republicans do this ever since Nixon but the extent of Trump minions just astounds me.  Their voter suppression tactics are to be abhorred and fought against every step of the way. They are to be reviled.

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m fine with a State by state/regional approach.

The Chloroquine/LIBERATE stuff was positively abhorrent, of course.

A state by state approach is probably best, but there was no federal guidance by agencies like the CDC because our idiot president accosted the meetings and made it all about himself. It would have been great if we had the federal government, with real scientists who spent their lives studying and preparing for stuff like this, there to aid the states and help form plans. Instead what we got was a hodgepodge of states doing whatever they thought was good. Many states are lead by absolute morons who simply said, open right up. Lucky for NY, they had a competent governor or it could have been way, way worse.

I guess that’s my point.

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I hope Biden brings back real White House press briefings by real communications professionals instead of these stupid tweets and "news" flashes by the Trump minions. In fact, his whole administration will be a breathe of fresh air.

This power trip thing is so troubling for me. I can't believe that people like Kelly Anne Conway attack Trump and then just completely lose it when hired by Trump. People lost their minds to curry favor with Trump. It's the most blatant example as I've ever seen in my adult life. It seems Republicans do this ever since Nixon but the extent of Trump minions just astounds me.  Their voter suppression tactics are to be abhorred and fought against every step of the way. They are to be reviled.

I think it’s obvious that the current press sec is just up there because she’s a smoke show and Trump wants to give her the peen.

Alabama Secretary of State: Absentee ballots will be the only vote-by-mail option

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WPMI) — Alabama Secretary of State John Merrill tweeted Sunday that Alabama will not have direct mail in voting.

Merrill said, "We have provided an excuse provision for anyone that wants to vote absentee and our polling sites will be open for anyone that wants to vote in person!"

Click on the link for the full article

4 hours ago, Springfield said:

It's just so outrageously egregious how Trump did essentially nothing to help mitigate this thing. He looked at the states and said, "You're on your own!", then he threatened the blue states, then in his true lead by example moment he told people he used an unproven and possibly dangerous drug. I don't think there's really anything Trump has done over the last 3 years that has shown any type of real leadership that a president of the USA should command.

You'd have to be an absolute moron to think that Trump has shown any sort of leadership during his presidency and you'd have to be even dumber to vote for anyone except for Biden in the upcoming election. I don't care if it turns out that 200 women come forward with bogus rape allegations and you think they should be heard. Simply hearing Biden speak frankly inspires confidence in me. He knows what this country needs because he's seen it before and he's been there before.

Yes.

We can call Trump stupid (he is), incompetent (he is), dishonest (massive understatement), corrupt (duh) and narcissistic (double duh). But he, as President, is something that we've never seen before in the 230-odd years of it's history- completely uninterested in leading. 

However so many Presidents have failed before, they have always wanted the job so they could lead the country in some direction, whether they could or not, whether the direction was the right one or not. If you look at W. Bush, on 9/11 he choked and then disappeared for a couple of days afterwards. But after that, he really tried to lead and inspire the country. I think his choices were disastrous, but at least he, like every President before him, had the desire to be the guy who lead the country through.

This guy, though. As soon as the crisis starts, he's just denying anything is wrong. He's attacking anyone that suggests something should be done. When it finally reaches a point of action being undeniable, he wants to pawn it off on governors and congress. He whines that anyone wants him to do anything. Why can't states do for themselves? Why am I expected to make decisions?

That kind of forfeiture of leadership is something we've never seen, as far as I know or can recall. It's amazing to watch anyone who desired the position enough to seek it be so uninterested in being responsible for anything.

Archived