Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, Passepartout said:

Wonder if they will delay the elections like the rest of life huh?!

You mean so that Trump can be president for life like his fantasy idol Putin? He is probably working on it as a side plan with everything going on.

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

They say it's a mark of wisdom for a man to know his own limitations. 💯

i was hoping someone would miss the gag and actually point out that the comments were mine :D

then the real hijinks could ensue!

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

It seems that since Bernie decided he’s going to remain in his campaign it’s reinvigorated the [people] who continue to support him.

I saw that the betting odds now list Bernie as the 4th most likely to be the Dem nominee.  Biden in 1st with over 80% probability.  But they list Cuomo as 2nd most likely, and Hillary as 3rd most likely.  Bernie supporters have to be bothered by the idea that even if Biden isn't the nominee... Bernie would still be the underdog.

6 minutes ago, Nerm said:

I saw that the betting odds now list Bernie as the 4th most likely to be the Dem nominee.  Biden in 1st with over 80% probability.  But they list Cuomo as 2nd most likely, and Hillary as 3rd most likely.  Bernie supporters have to be bothered by the idea that even if Biden isn't the nominee... Bernie would still be the underdog.

Who on earth is listing those betting odds?

11 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Click bait is all it is with Hillary on there. 

No, they are a legit site.  They tend to be referenced a lot in the media, especially regarding their averaging of polls.  They track betting averages throughout the races, beginning to end.  So, it isn't really a clickbait thing, though I do not see Hillary as a viable choice even if Biden had to drop out for some reason.

Very interesting to watch the betting markets on the night of the election.  If I remember right, the betting markets were much quicker to recognize Trump as a possibility on election night than the NYTimes or 538 who were updating their projections in real time throughout the evening.

14 minutes ago, Hersh said:

I know the site and reputable sites still do click bait. It's absurd to the nth degree to have hillary on that list. 

They are listing odds that are given on betting sites, like they have done for years.  Should they stop doing that because Hillary was being bet on by some?

And it isn't a headline, it is just data they collect and update regularly.  They have not even commented on it, it is  a table with data. I just happened to see it.  They have 50 other data sets you can pull up also.

Democrats postpone presidential convention until August 17 

>>

The Democratic National Committee is postponing the party’s presidential convention in Milwaukee to August 17, the week before the Republican Party’s convention.

The delay from July 13 came after likely nominee Joe Biden publicly called for the convention to be rescheduled in response to the coronavirus pandemic...<<<

The pandemic response and impact will definitely be a 2020 presidential issue but it's probably too early to know if this will help Biden or hurt Trump.  Where we are in October is what probably decides this. Especially, since early voting will be going in October.  Also, if we go to vote by mail; the ballots will probably be mailed in early october. 

51 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

@Redskins20000

^^^ too much off-topic stuff for this thread

keep it to the 2020 potus race per original intent

Deleted it and put a different post there.  I posted a revised version of the original post, in the non- presidential 2020 thread.  Since, it was an election related question and not specially a virus question; put in an election thread.   Tied it to the other 2020 races but also asked about future races for one question because alot of people aren't up for reelection until later. Especially, alot of governors. 

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

How the coronavirus is shaping the 2024 presidential race  

Too bad we couldn't have some of those now, instead of Joe.  Though, there's still that slim chance the Dems can dump Joe. 

Short of him getting sick or some other unforeseen catastrophe, there is no way Biden isn't the nominee. You need to let that go.

And Cuomo is terrible, btw. Gives a good press conference, hooray. As little as I am excited about Biden, I'd rather him than freaking Cuomo. 

Archived