Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

7 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

If Bernie wins the first 3, fully expect the establishment to do all they can to stop Bernie from getting the nomination.

Why?  All they would be doing is giving GOP ammo once hes the nominee. 

This is their fault for allowing him to run as a Dem for president, not once but twice to get more voters. They got their wish, but be careful what you wish for, you might jus get it.

I have no doubts that the Democratic party will prop up Bernie as a scapegoat candidate to lose to Trump.

Party won't fully support Sanders even if he's the nominee. 

I also fully believe Bernie would happily take this role. 

Yall tripping, first it was anyone but Trump now folks getting picky?

We tried this in 2016. I dont agree with everything he says either, but if we make the same mistake twice folks staying home because it's not who they want, Trump is getting reelected.

Wake up.

15 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

We tried this in 2016. I dont agree with everything he says either, but if we make the same mistake twice folks staying home because it's not who they want, Trump is getting reelected.

I am not going support a pol who comes attached with toxic diehard supporters and a refusal to accept facts over dogma. Yeah Bernie is miles better than Trump, but that’s an awfully low bar and by nominating him we will have turned both major parties into a vessel for the most toxic people in the country. 

I detest the idea of winning at all costs. The only people with a spine left in the conservative movement are the Never Trumpers. Trump has already turned an  an entire generation against conservative politics. Bernie is toxic enough to hijack liberalism too. A country that centers its politics around a cult of personality deserves the failures coming its way. Not going to be a signatory to it.

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I am not going support a pol who comes attached with toxic diehard supporters and a refusal to accept facts over dogma. Yeah Bernie isn’t Trump, but by effectively nominated him to the Presidency, we will have turned both major parties into a vessel for the most toxic people in the country. 

The only people with a spine left in the conservative movement are the Never Trumpers. I detest the idea of winning at all costs. A country that centers its politics around a cult of personality deserves the failures coming its way. Not going to be a signatory to it.

Huh? What facts are Bernie Sanders himself refusing to accept over dogma?  So what he has twitter stoges, it's not like hes going to put them in his administration like Trump does.

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Huh? What facts are Bernie Sanders himself refusing to accept over dogma?  So what he has twitter stoges, it's not like hes going to put them in his administration like Trump does.

His healthcare proposal is horse****. His climate change proposals are nonsense for rejecting and demonizing nuclear power and making a ludicrous promise that fracking can be banned outright. He’s awful on agriculture by demonizing GMOs, which in fact have to be a response measure to protect food sources from climate change. 

He is bad on a lot of issues where all he has to do is listen to experts. He accepts a load of horsecrap from far left circles and these people will be emboldened if he gets into office. I do not have this worry from Elizabeth Warren, even though she’s a signatory to some bad ideas too. She’s far less dogmatic and bombastic than Bernie. 

Just now, No Excuses said:

His healthcare proposal is horse****.

Theres a thread for that and I strongly disagree.

His climate change proposals are nonsense for rejecting and demonizing nuclear power and making a ludicrous promise that fracking can be banned outright.

Hes not going to get everything he wants, there arent enough progressives in the senate, I dont want a halfass approach to responding to climate change. UK is cracking down on fracking as we speak and Japan is trying to avoid dumping radioactive waste in the ocean because they dont know where to put it.

He’s awful on agriculture by demonizing GMOs, which in fact have to be a response measure to protect food sources from climate change. 

I want a bigger conversation on GMO and this "Organic" food situation.  Theres something to be said about the right or wrong thing to do this, I'm open to that conversation because it has to be had especially in relation to our health.

He is bad on a lot of issues where all he has to do is listen to experts. He accepts a load of horsecrap from far left circles and these people will be emboldened if he gets into office. 

Hes been doing this for longer then some of these bernie bros have been alive.  I disagree with your characterization of him ignoring experts.  What I'll say is he can do more in regards to his followers, but he can never control them.  Some of them dont even care about his platform, they have their own problems and or just want to see the world burn. This is twitter we are talking about.

25 minutes ago, No Excuses said:

I am not going support a pol who comes attached with toxic diehard supporters and a refusal to accept facts over dogma. Yeah Bernie is miles better than Trump, but that’s an awfully low bar and by nominating him we will have turned both major parties into a vessel for the most toxic people in the country. 

I detest the idea of winning at all costs. The only people with a spine left in the conservative movement are the Never Trumpers. Trump has already turned an  an entire generation against conservative politics. Bernie is toxic enough to hijack liberalism too. A country that centers its politics around a cult of personality deserves the failures coming its way. Not going to be a signatory to it.

You'd rather we have 4+ more years of Trump and co?  Bernie isn't going to be around forever and won't get much done without moderating and working with others.  I rather have others, but if it's him or Trump and the current GOP, it's Bernie all the way.

Has Pete hit Biden over avoiding the draft yet?

If not, why?

added

or is he just backdooring it

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/democratic-attacks-on-trump-and-vietnam-open-door-to-scrutiny-of-biden-avoiding-draft

But their ultimate target might be Joe Biden, the early Democratic front-runner who avoided Vietnam service in a strikingly similar way by securing five student deferments and a medical one in 1968 due to childhood asthma.

“I have a hard time believing any major candidates will attack Biden directly on the issue,” Democratic strategist Brad Bannon told the Washington Examiner, “but they could be trying to raise it subliminally.”

3 hours ago, twa said:

NH or SC usually weeds the field.

There will be some initial winnowing but among the real contenders, they are trying to make to Super Tuesday.

The real contenders- Sanders, Biden, Warren & Buttigieg.  Bloomberg isn't even running in the first 4, so he's staking everything on Super Tuesday.

Odds are all 4 will still be in the race on Super Tuesday.

4 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I'd like to see the video of this.  I doubt that is all there is to the story.

I dunno.  I wouldn't have trouble believing that the entire exchange consisted ot the voter saying she wanted pro-life language in the Dem platform, and he told her it wasn't going to happen.  

Archived