Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

The individual mandate was cost effective for me. One year it was ~ $600/ year and another ~$500/year versus $800/month with a $6000 deductible. 

He's still on TV trying to do away with the ACA. They didn't do it the first two years and it became the #1 issue in 2018 which was the Blue wave in favor of the ACA. It needs to be improved. Plus Trump's administration isn't doing anything about drug prices, which Big Pharma CEO's increased on January first.

Seem to remember that, four years ago, Bernie consistently outperformed polling data in caucus states.  

My theory was that the caucus format allows enthusiasm (which the Bernie Bros had over Hillary's voters) to have an impact disproportionate to their numbers.  

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No way. In the age of Trump, Cory isn’t what you need. You need someone who can be an attack dog and Cory isn’t that of politician.

Is that really true?  I'm not at all certain that what the Dems need is to try to out-Trump Trump.  

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Cognitive dissonance from Bernie supporters incoming. His remarks regarding women and the presidency should go over like a lead balloon... but I'm sure they will find a way to spin it.

"And look!  He was right!"

(If you assume that his actions had no effect whatsoever.)  

Money in politics definitely needs to be addressed.  Put it on the ballot and I will vote to ban as much of it as possible under the law.  However, until that happens, it is hard to credibly going after someone spending their own money as somehow a bigger problem than someone spending other people's money to fund their campaign. 

So now Trump is straight up lying about "protecting pre-existing conditions" coverage?

I think it’s more about the fact that he’s trying to cover it up and that he maybe said it as an attack on Warren?  It likely depends on the context, but I’d guess it hits too close to home to a lot of women who were told they weren’t capable or didn’t have a chance, so they shouldn’t try.

Archived