Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Biden should ask the networks to let him give a Presidential address.

I've been wondering about that.  The notion of Biden pulling an "If I were President, this is the address I'd give" thing.  

I can see drawbacks.  For example, in times like these, should a challenger politician really be trying to draw divisions?  Maybe the smartest thing for Biden to say would be "In these times, I shouldn't be trying to divide us.  That's Trump's thing."  

But I would love the notion of the voters looking at Biden's video, and whatever tweets Trump puts out, and comparing the two.  

2 minutes ago, Larry said:

I've been wondering about that.  The notion of Biden pulling an "If I were President, this is the address I'd give" thing.  

I can see drawbacks.  For example, in times like these, should a challenger politician really be trying to draw divisions?  Maybe the smartest thing for Biden to say would be "In these times, I shouldn't be trying to divide us.  That's Trump's thing."  

But I would love the notion of the voters looking at Biden's video, and whatever tweets Trump puts out, and comparing the two.  

I see your points, and they are good, but if Trump is unwilling to do a very basic duty of the President, somebody should.  If Trump's rhetoric is going to be divisive, and it has been, someone should push a message of unity.  

He doesn't need to sow divisions or act like he's President. Give a heartfelt speech on the need for unity, the need for calm. Talk about plans for police reform (which were undone by the Trump administration), talk about steps that can be taken to begin to address systematic racism, denounce the kinds of monstrous "when the looting starts, the shooting starts" rhetoric you know who uses. 

Just speak to the country and especially those who are angry or hurting. Don't make it specifically a campaign address. The differences with Trump can be implied more than explicit. 

There is no need to worry about a backlash if it's done correctly. 

12 hours ago, KAOSkins said:

If I don't see hundreds of adds this fall showing the military rolling down residential streets with some comment like "Is this your America?"  my head will explode.

I have to be honest with you although you are pretty right, i’m not really sure how well that plays on TV in a political add.  The covid debacle is probably an easier sell...

16 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, don’t think that bombshell is gonna do it. Lol. 

If Obama said that in his first term, would he of gotten a second?

Michelle would've broken his arm and that'd be the rumor why he's in the hospital while his presidency came apart.

This doesn't even register on the Richter Scale for Trump because the tectonic plates are already doing jumping jacks, no way in hell a POTUS should be talking like that, us electing him anyway...dude had so many red flags sticking out his body it looked like acupuncture.

But her emails...

Moderate Joe is dead.  Say, Hello to the new F.D.R.??

Joe Biden, the Moderate, Plans the Most Radical Economic Overhaul Since FDR 

>>>In late April, as COVID-19 panicked the nation and all but paralyzed his campaign, Joseph Robinette Biden Jr. huddled—virtually, of course—with his team of economic advisers. Being stuck running for the presidency from the basement of his home in Wilmington, Delaware, had given the former vice president a lot of time to think, he told them, and he wanted bigger ideas. Go forth, he urged his financial brain trust, and bring back the boldest, most ambitious proposals they'd ever dreamed of to reshape the U.S. economy, with an eye toward making it more fair for all Americans and less easily unhinged by a future crisis like the coronavirus pandemic. Should he unseat Donald Trump in the November election, the challenge before him would be at least on par with what Franklin Delano Roosevelt contended with when he came to power in 1933. Biden wanted FDR-sized solutions...........<<<

I don't know if promising to be the new F.D.R. will get him elected.  My gut says, it may have the opposite effect.

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I don't know if promising to be the new F.D.R. will get him elected.  My gut says, it may have the opposite effect.

Yeah, I dunno if making that claim works, politically.  

OTOH, if you assume that you're going to inherit an economy that's as bad as FDR inherited, maybe it's What The Country Needs.  

Archived