Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

I get it, but still bad idea to blow up on camera like that.

He's probably too busy trying to save the world to stop and write an official statement, that id believe.  That speech will be important for the progressive movement, whatever that actually is now.

The moderates have completely ripped back control of the party from him, every word he says makes or breaks folks like AOC.  I expected once the moderates consolidated itd move the far left to a more clear minority, but this kinda ass whopping makes me question how real their size and influence really was.  

It's like watching the stock market correct itself with no circuit breakers.

I can also understand the emotions that must be roiling through Bernie and his supporters.  They should be given space.  

It would be a nice gesture from Biden if he says that Senator Sanders is in Washington, focusing on the most important task of protecting American families and the Democratic primary is not a primary concern for any of us right now.  

Biden’s Top 12 Running Mates, Ranked 

>>>>Joe Biden’s unequivocal declaration that his running mate will be a woman began the 2020 veepstakes with a brutal cut. There will be no consolation prize for Cory Booker, Pete Buttigieg or Julián Castro. There will be no unity ticket pairing Biden with Bernie Sanders. Mansplainers and manspreaders, you can go home. Joe has binders full of women.

Perhaps there has never been a more serious veepstakes than this one. Biden won’t say on the record that he would serve only one term as president, but he has given enough hints that many have assumed it. That makes his vice presidential choice the automatic frontrunner for the 2024 Democratic presidential nomination and potentially the first female president of the United States. This is no time for your last-call, falling-off-your-bar-stool, so-crazy-it-just-might-work vice-presidential musings....<<<

1 hour ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So Bernie had plenty of time to do online campaign rallies, but confronting the defeat everyone in the world can see has happened and giving a 5 minute concession statement is too outrageous an idea to even ponder.

Sure thing. 

I don't think he can focus on what jus happened to his movement right now and how to address it and something that might kill him at the same time.  It'll be the most important 5 minute speech of his life, even if he chooses to mail it in.  Whatever happens to the progressives after this he won't be around to see it, that's heavy, man...

39 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't think he can focus on what jus happened to his movement right now and how to address it and something that might kill him at the same time.  It'll be the most important 5 minute speech of his life, even if he chooses to mail it in.  Whatever happens to the progressive after this he won't be around to see it, that's heavy, man...

Nah. People run for President, they lose. Happened to better men than Bernie. Again, he has plenty of time to do campaign events, but poor Bernie can't be expected to take a minute to drop out like everyone else can. Even if it means not making people risk their lives to go out and vote against his self-delusion. 

And this gives him the right to be an a-hole about it to reporters doing their jobs? Of course. Somehow I suspect if a reporter asked him to explain why he'd be a better President than Biden, he would find a way to stifle his indignation at the notion of taking some time to do so.

28 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

Nah. People run for President, they lose. Happened to better men than Bernie. Again, he has plenty of time to do campaign events, but poor Bernie can't be expected to take a minute to drop out like everyone else can. Even if it means not making people risk their lives to go out and vote against his self-delusion. 

And this gives him the right to be an a-hole about it to reporters doing their jobs? Of course. Somehow I suspect if a reporter asked him to explain why he'd be a better President than Biden, he would find a way to stifle his indignation at the notion of taking some time to do so.

I'm not disagreeing with you, im giving him until end of the week, all things considered.

I've already suggested Biden ignore him and focus on Trump, which he's doing. Bernie's already stopped Facebook ads and isn't asking for money anymore, this is coming.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/campaign-signals-sanders-may-be-open-to-exit/2020/03/18/9cd71a1a-692f-11ea-b313-df458622c2cc_story.html

If he bows out the wrong way, it could prevent the two wings in the party from uniting the way it needs to.  If he needs to focus on getting bills passed this week then announce on the weekend, he needs space to do it the best way he can. We cant afford 2016 again.

I suspect the rest of the party is giving him a somewhat similar timeline. If he doesn't do the right thing and drop out, I would not be in the least bit surprised if he suffers the embarrassment of seeing Warren, the Clintons and the Obamas endorse Joe. And the party moving towards doing whatever they can to end the primaries. 

Of course, that'd give him and his acolytes plenty of opportunities to whine about "the establishment".

I've always wondered why when candidates drop out, they announce that they are "suspending" their campaign.  Why does everyone use that word?  It sounds as if they'll start it back up again.  They aren't suspending it-they are stopping or cancelling their campaign.  Just random thoughts as I work from home and descend into madness.

7 minutes ago, First Colony said:

I've always wondered why when candidates drop out, they announce that they are "suspending" their campaign.  Why does everyone use that word?  It sounds as if they'll start it back up again.  They aren't suspending it-they are stopping or cancelling their campaign.  Just random thoughts as I work from home and descend into madness.

has to do with the money they've raised, paying their workers and debt.

9 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I suspect the rest of the party is giving him a somewhat similar timeline. If he doesn't do the right thing and drop out, I would not be in the least bit surprised if he suffers the embarrassment of seeing Warren, the Clintons and the Obamas endorse Joe. And the party moving towards doing whatever they can to end the primaries. 

Of course, that'd give him and his acolytes plenty of opportunities to whine about "the establishment".

Not sure how it would be an embarrassment. Maybe Warren as she was most closely aligned policy wise but she made it clear the last few debates she wanted to distance herself from him. As for the Clintons and Obama that had already made it very clear for a very long time they would not endorse Bernie. It could only be an embarrassment if it were a surprise. He could however be embarrassed by not dropping and getting soundly thumped in each successive primary. Not to mention the waste of money and resources. 

I do hope he drops soon unlike last election where he held on. He promised to be more supportive (more being my word since his support in 2016 was sparse at best) of the eventual nominee. Now would be a good time to keep that promise. The simple act of canceling primaries and conceding defeat will go a long way to help Joe and the party show concern for people having to go to public gatherings and move towards the battle with trump even if he doesn't campaign very much for Joe.  It's also clear his base is smaller than in 2016 so him getting out of the way is more important than campaigning. 

And honestly Hillary would do good to just STFU. She will not be helping any ticket but trumps if she becomes too active. 

Tulsi has dropped out and is supporting Joe Biden. So all those taking pot shots about her running 3rd party and being a Russian asset need to shut it. It's the right time for her to do this. And glad she is supporting Joe - even after supporting Bernie in 2016. She is doing exactly what she said she would do. 

Her statement of withdraw (suspending the campaign) is at the 2:30 mark. 

8 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It's the right time for her to do this. And glad she is supporting Joe - even after supporting Bernie in 2016. She is doing exactly what she said she would do.

Good for her but the right time to do this was like 3-4 months ago when she had no polling and no path to victory. Worst case, after South Carolina. 

I guess perhaps after trying to win Republicans with her impeachment votes and her frequent Fox News spots at the expense of campaign events, she finally felt comfortable enough to walk away. 

Say what you want, she hasn't done Democrats any favors during this campaign run and has a lot to answer for. 

6 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Good for her but the right time to do this was like 3-4 months ago when she had no polling and no path to victory. Worst case, after South Carolina. 

I guess perhaps after trying to win Republicans with her impeachment votes and her frequent Fox News spots at the expense of campaign events, she finally felt comfortable enough to walk away. 

Say what you want, she hasn't done Democrats any favors during this campaign run and has a lot to answer for. 

Donald will dump Pence for her.  Trump/Gabbard.  She will switch to the GOP.

2 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

Certainly your right to have this opinion regardless how wrong it is. She was not trying to win Republicans at all. She was trying to appeal to Americans and voting what she believed. Did yo u watch those appearances? No. She did not go on to agree. As much a cretin as Carlson is, he does share he belief of ending regime change war.

And only due to slandering and false smears does she have anything to answer for. This attitude shows a closed minded approach and a major hypocrisy of we need to unite but we will only do so on our terms **** everyone else. It feeds the rights narrative of us against them. 

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Donald will dump Pence for her.  Trump/Gabbard.  She will switch to the GOP.

Assume yo did it just to take a shot. It's a cheap shot and total bull****. She hates trump as much as anyone. You clearly have never listened to her, only what the media has to say - and they get it right - mostly never. 

Archived