Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

3 hours ago, tshile said:

That means warren and klobuchar need to get out too. Now. 

1 hour ago, tshile said:

And warren and Bloomberg. 

15 minutes ago, tshile said:

Klobuchar and warren need to step out. Immediately. 

I’m sensing a theme.

That $300 for Warren, btw.  Wanna go for 4?

19 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

I’m sensing a theme.

That $300 for Warren, btw.  Wanna go for 4?

Hah! It was just dependent on what I was responding to. Warren is in no ones list but mine so I had to add her each time. 

Fwiw I’m really only interested in having anyone other than sanders. And Biden super surprised me with SC and even though I don’t like him I’ll take it. 

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hah! It was just dependent on what I was responding to. Warren is in no ones list but mine so I had to add her each time. 

Fwiw I’m really only interested in having anyone other than sanders. And Biden super surprised me with SC and even though I don’t like him I’ll take it. 

Liz staying in hurts Sanders...or so one would think.

But that’s not the basis for my support.  Your mileage may vary...

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Liz staying in hurts Sanders...or so one would think.

But that’s not the basis for my support.  Your mileage may vary...

I hadn’t considered that angle. I don’t know if I know Warren’s supporters well enough. I assumed they would go to Biden with no buttigeig. 

If Buttigieg wanted to drop out to stop Sanders, that's fine for him. If Bloomberg or Klobuchar want to do the same, then again, their business.

But Warren's presence isn't particularly helping or hurting any other candidate, and there's no agenda she feels compelled to advance by dropping out. 

People can say "she should drop out" all they want, but there's no reason for her too. 

If I'm her advisor I'd be pissed if she did. She just finished her best fundraising month ever, and I want to wait as long as possible to see how the dynamics of this race shake out. I also want her to have a chance to be on a debate stage with only 4, or hopefully, 3 total contenders. 

Hold on guys, Pete dropped out because he was going to get destroyed and embarrassed on Super Tuesday. He's a young man and he'll try to run again, but losing on such an epic scale would hurt any future runs at the presidency down the line. Also, don't forget, he has wealthy donors. I wouldn't be shocked if they told him to drop out to give Biden a chance (though some polls show Pete's voters going to Bernie as their second choice), so Pete dropping out isn't some act of altruism, folks.

1 hour ago, Simmsy said:

Hold on guys, Pete dropped out because he was going to get destroyed and embarrassed on Super Tuesday. He's a young man and he'll try to run again, but losing on such an epic scale would hurt any future runs at the presidency down the line. Also, don't forget, he has wealthy donors. I wouldn't be shocked if they told him to drop out to give Biden a chance (though some polls show Pete's voters going to Bernie as their second choice), so Pete dropping out isn't some act of altruism, folks.

It's not easy to look in the mirror and say I have no viable shot at this.  Lot of candidates stay too long in futile hope of a miracle turn around.  And the fact that he did it before Super Tuesday points to his motivation.  And while some Buttigieg supporters may switch to Sanders, he clearly occupies the same moderate lane with Biden and polls show way more going to Biden over Sanders (frankly, I don't understand why they'd consider Sanders given all the Pete the Rat narrative).

10 hours ago, Springfield said:

The Bernie bro’s are melting down right now.  It’s great.  Somehow Pete dropping out is the establishment making sure the Bernie doesn’t get the nomination.

Hope so. 

1 hour ago, bearrock said:

frankly, I don't understand why they'd consider Sanders given all the Pete the Rat narrative).

because a handful of online trolls aren’t going to persuade someone that likes a candidate or their policies or just wants to vote for a front runner with name recognition 

how many average voters are even on twitter or pay attention to that 

48 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

because a handful of online trolls aren’t going to persuade someone that likes a candidate or their policies or just wants to vote for a front runner with name recognition 

Sanders is playing with fire.  It's not a handful of online trolls if his campaign is infiltrated with those who engages in that kind of behavior.  It's not a handful of online trolls if there are reports from multiple reporters who complain of being doxxed, harrassed, and bombarded with malicious emails and texts after posting anything negative about the candidate.

It fact, it should be the candidate and his true supporters who should be the most upset.  They should be the one's out there most fervently decrying these despicable behavior.  They should be the one's to say anyone who engages in these kind of behavior is fundamentally incompatible with a platform and candidacy built on value of human dignity.  That they would rather lose than come within a solar system of even remotely associating with the type of ugly mindset that leads people to put on a MAGA hat and cheer for "anything for the cause" mentality.  And kindly suggest that those disgusting individuals crawl back under the rock they peered out of.

1 hour ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

This Bernie Bros thing isnt irrelevant,  but matters more then it should, the vast majority of his supporters dont fall in that category.

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

This Bernie Bros thing isnt irrelevant,  but matters more then it should, the vast majority of his supporters dont fall in that category.

Precisely why I want his real supporters to spit fire and brimstone whenever they see it.  FIRE AND BRIMSTONE RENEGADE!!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

I need my morning coffee....

Pete doesn't doesn't need to have been asked, he has chosen the moderate lane and it is sure to be seen a a magnanimous move by the party establishment. I also suspect SC signals  "not Sanders" voters rallying around Biden as Sanders odds of winning increase, so he may have anticipated bad results coming Tuesday.

Archived