Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

37 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think it’s more likely that people would hold their nose and vote Bernie than Bernie voters would hold their nose and vote for someone else.

Bernie isn’t my first choice but I’d gladly vote for him in November.

I think polling that the most important thing to Democrats is who CAN beat Trump helps to confirm this. It means that the most important thing is beating Trump, and that doesn't change because of Sanders. At least that's what I would take from that. I could be dead wrong tho

14 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I think polling that the most important thing to Democrats is who CAN beat Trump helps to confirm this. It means that the most important thing is beating Trump, and that doesn't change because of Sanders. At least that's what I would take from that. I could be dead wrong tho

the problem is not concerning yourselves with who "democrats" will vote for. The independents and old school Republicans are what you need to be after. Bernie doesn't just scare the **** out of moderate democrats, scares the **** out of basically everybody without a student loan

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I think it’s more likely that people would hold their nose and vote Bernie than Bernie voters would hold their nose and vote for someone else.

Bernie isn’t my first choice but I’d gladly vote for him in November.

Well, when Larry of all people says he won't vote for Bernie then I think it may be an issue.

5 hours ago, Springfield said:

First tweet I saw.  Sums it up pretty well.

I’m just throwing this out there...

based on what I know I’d venture to guess whatever time things are happening, as a coordinated effort, relates to when they would get the most traction/eyes/etc

not what time it is in Moscow. There’s no way a foreign power running that level of operation is catering to when people in Moscow typical work

and there’s no way anyone smart enough to do social engineering would ignore times when things trend the most to your advantage, to do it at a time that’s convenient for them. 

23 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Well, when Larry of all people says he won't for Bernie then I think it may be an issue.

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’d bet a small bundle of ones that we could later use at a gentlemen’s club that Larry would suck it up and vote for Bernie Sanders vs Donald Trump.

I thought we had a rule here, about the use of Comic Sans font.  

38 minutes ago, Gibbit said:

the problem is not concerning yourselves with who "democrats" will vote for. The independents and old school Republicans are what you need to be after. Bernie doesn't just scare the **** out of moderate democrats, scares the **** out of basically everybody without a student loan

Don't waste your breath.  I made this point a while ago and was told the Dems don't need the vote of people like me.  If they nominate Bernie, I guess we'll find out if they're right.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

72% of Democratic voters believe Bernie Sanders would beat Trump in 2020 election, new poll shows

https://www.newsweek.com/72-democratic-voters-believe-bernie-sanders-would-beat-trump-2020-election-new-poll-shows-1488010

Would?  I think he could, but after being burned in 2016 I'd stay away from verbs like would or will.

Yall get so sensitive over this idea that the Dems aren’t trying to get moderates and Republicans. There are clearly some that do want your votes and are willing to elect a Republican to do it. It’s not that you are not wanted. 

A lot of people want to move the country more left and are willing to take the chance to do it without your help if they have to. I’m sure they would welcome you if you wanted to be a part of that. But just like you have a choice to play along or not, they have a choice to shoot their shot while they have this chance to run against the worst President in history. Can’t really blame them for trying imo. 

Right now now he is polling as well as could be imagined so you can’t really say it’s impossible for him to win anymore. Independents hate Trump more then they are scared of Burnie. And really no one far enough left to hope for sanders is deluding themselves about old school republicans. You really shouldn’t need everyone but the Trumpers to beat Trump. That’s just silly 

10 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Yall get so sensitive over this idea that the Dems aren’t trying to get moderates and Republicans.

Speaking just for me, not sensitive. 

more like: concerned. 

I think it would be better for the long term and short term health of the country if trump loses 

but trump being in office hasn’t really effected me. My taxes are less (until our cuts expire), but otherwise I haven’t been personally hurt by trump. 

but I think a lot of others have and I think it’s be better for everyone if he’s gone. 

I think nominating sanders makes it much harder for that to happen. 

but if the dems want to jump on that bandwagon, the whole time telling the rest of us “we don’t need you”, then I’m going to feel a little less bad about that group if trump wins. 

At a time where they should be able to court 60% of the vote rather easily, they seem to be headed towards picking the one person that has the best chance to ruin it

(although that might actually be butigieg. I know we’ve come a ways in the last 15 years but I have reservations how well a gay presidential candidate would do)

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Don't waste your breath.  I made this point a while ago and was told the Dems don't need the vote of people like me.  If they nominate Bernie, I guess we'll find out if they're right.

you're not concerned about wasted breath...it's a message board---wasted breath is our raison d'etre :P

you have disdain for the rebukes you did get and the attitude/thinking it suggests to you...., perfectly fine...but the reality is that only a few actually did what you said....notably more regs here indicate every week that they do worry about those votes., on top of everything else there is to worry about in the realm of vote-getting :ols:...

you know the drill---trump must go at all costs , nothing else matters as much for dems/left-learners, but the majority still feel unsure more than usual about how/who/what is the best way to get er done and the pressure is yuge

i'm of the view that you try to cover all the bases best as possible but i'm up in the air as to what to strategize big-picture wise

i have a lot of issues with bernie (and some love too) other than electability, but i worry about that, too

nonetheless, i'm already preparing myself to compromise and tolerate even a whole bunch more than usual and even be an active bernie advocate if he gets the nomination

On the flip side of the argument about far left vs centrist Democrat, if the far left is going to sit out can the dem nominee still win? What if some of them vote for trump?

dems are in a crappy spot. But that’s sort of always been their issue. Republicans show up to vote reliably. There’s a reliable sect within the dems, but there’s also a bunch of independent sects willing to sit it out if they feel slighted by the platform

Archived