Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

My take is I think he really thinks that women candidates at the presidential level take away from men candidates. That's what I get from him. And yes, he's cranky and attacks other Dem candidates too much instead of concentrating on his policies and being positive. He's really negative, even from 2016.

10 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

My take is I think he really thinks that women candidates at the presidential level take away from men candidates. That's what I get from him. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/13/us/politics/bernie-sanders-elizabeth-warren-woman-president.html

The people familiar with the 2018 meeting, who were briefed on it shortly after it took place but were not authorized to speak publicly, said Mr. Sanders offered the comment while giving his assessment of the coming race. In relaying to Ms. Warren the challenges he thought her campaign would face, he said not only that President Trump would weaponize sexism, but also that such attacks would preclude a woman from being elected, according to the private accounts.

This meeting should've stayed private, because it might not prevent Warren from getting elected, Bernie is absolutely right that Trump is going to go there with her or any other female candidate.

The idea that neither camp can control their staffers smells like bs, Iowa is in a couple weeks, **** is getting real.

23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Sanders isn't even a Democrat. He's hijacked the party's apparatus for his own vanity. He had a heart attack for ****'s sake!

That's completely separate issue.

I dont believe its vanity, its pragmatic.  DNC didnt have to say yes to him running as a Democrat, this is jus as much their fault hes being allowed to pull the party to left like this as anyone else.

All three of the leading candidates are over 70 all three need strong VPs in case they cant finish two terms.  

Regardless of anyone's overall thoughts on Bernie, it seems fairly obvious his comments on the subject were him assessing the political landscape and not him saying he doesn't think a woman is qualified and/or should be President.   

Do people seriously not think that when Obama was running and on the verge of getting the nomination, there weren't a lot of nervous Dems behind closed doors freaking out because they didn't think the country was ready to elect an African American president?

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I’ve heard, that if Warren wants the nomination, she will need to win over some Bernie voters.  My problem with this line of thinking is, Bernie voters aren’t voting for anyone except Bernie.

Yep and when Bernie doesn’t get the nod, they will not vote for the Dem nominee.

1 minute ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Yep and when Bernie doesn’t get the nod, they will not vote for the Dem nominee.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I’ve heard, that if Warren wants the nomination, she will need to win over some Bernie voters.  My problem with this line of thinking is, Bernie voters aren’t voting for anyone except Bernie.

Wait, so people are really buying the electorate is going to make the same mistakes twice and expect different results?

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Wait, so people are really buying the electorate is going to make the same mistakes twice and expect different results?

I have already said that whoever the Dem nominee is, they will not have full support of all the potential voters.

I do expect the Dems to make the same mistake and I expect Trump to win.

Archived