Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

11 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Palin actually posted on social media congratulating Harris on her selection and giving her some encouragement. Sarah did come across as ditsy during the 2008 campaign, but thought it was cool of her to do that. 

I saw that.  It was a nice gesture on Palin's part.  Given her hyper-partisan public persona, it took me by surprise and was a breath of fresh air.

54 minutes ago, Larry said:

Again - I thought they processed according to how the sender chose to mail it.  

Postal service policy from 2018 on handling Election Mail and political mail, with definitions:

https://about.usps.com/postal-bulletin/2018/pb22491/html/cover_005.htm

Changes just instituted include political mail and election mail well no longer be handled like first class mail, but will be handled like bulk mail, which effects timeliness of delivery and how change of address actions are handled. Also, no longer will local postmasters be required to keep a log of how they handle election mail, a past requirement meant to insure accountability and discourage malfeasance.

From the Washington Post:

In past elections, when states have chosen to send election mail under third-class designations, postal workers were instructed to treat those items as though they were first-class. USPS managers and postmasters must keep a log of all election and campaign mailings their offices receive, according to the Postal Operations Manual, and must document any delays in that mail’s distribution.

“Now we’re recycling political mail. It’s supposed to go back to the candidate that sent it to us,” the worker said. “Keeping up a log is the lowest form of accountability, the lowest form of keeping track of this mail. But we’re not doing it.”

Election mail is not commingled with other mail on shop floors and is often sorted by hand, rather than by processing machines.

The Postal Service Office of Inspector General found that in the 2018 midterm election “facilities typically process[ed] political mail as first-class mail.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/08/12/postal-service-ballots-dejoy/

From Palin:

“Ropeline”: thee MOST fun thing! Every single handshake and holler and hug and smile melted my heart, energized my soul, and gave me the utmost hope in the greatest country on earth! The ropeline is often the only way to literally touch those whom you wish to serve...

She does realize there's a pandemic and people aren't going to be shaking hands and hugging (literally touching) people right?  Or does she believe it's a hoax too?

13 minutes ago, China said:

From Palin:

She does realize there's a pandemic and people aren't going to be shaking hands and hugging (literally touching) people right?  Or does she believe it's a hoax too?

This pandemic in its current state won't be permanent, I want to meet Palin halfway with benefit of the doubt after her reaching out like this. 

Just now, Destino said:

Trump is saying the quiet part out loud again.  He just admitted that he’s opposing funding for the post office to stop mail in voting.  This is incredible.  

Sounds impeachable, right?  Or has he won on exhausting us of that option?

16 minutes ago, China said:

From Palin:

I was wondering that as well. It was kinda odd.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Getting emails from family members...pee pads and knee pads.  They think they're hysterical.

There's a big contingent of the alt-right who seem to be pushing the idea that Harris only got to where she is by basically giving sexual favors to powerful men. You'll see references to it all over right wing rags like Breitbart.

Which is nothing new and is basically par for the course for MAGAs. But it's still obnoxious and disgusting to see it being spread around. Successful and powerful woman? Couldn't have gotten there on her own merits, must have gotten on her knees for powerful men to get to where she is.

And they wonder why women voters are deserting them. 

5 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

I'd impeach him again. This is the Ukraine extortion all over again. Let him run his campaign while being impeached

I dunno. I agree with you in principle, but I think Trump and his people would love for that to happen. They know the Senate Republicans won't convict no matter what, and it would give them something to scream about and distract from the pandemic and economic collapse during the rest of the campaign. I don't see the Dems falling into that trap right now (though I have underestimated the Dems' ability to **** up simple things before, so who knows). 

It really should be impeachment time again. Just take his blurb from Fox News this morning, play it on repeat, and have the GOP answer why they are sabotaging universal mail-in  voting during a pandemic, that their chosen idiot completely failed at handling.

This is such a pathetic low point for this country.

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It is now the patriotic duty of every American that is not high-risk for Covid to either get their mail in ballot in a month early, or take the risk and vote in person.  

Early voting in Maryland is October. I need to find out when I can get my ballot from Maryland. I am not messing around this election. Too risky not to and he's proving it everyday.

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

It is now the patriotic duty of every American that is not high-risk for Covid to either get their mail in ballot in a month early, or take the risk and vote in person.  

In VA it says the ballots will go out in September.  And on the VA Election site, under your voter sign on, it has Sent  out and Recieved back confirmations for ballots.

Image 8-13-20 at 2.26 PM.jpg

So is mail-in voting different state to state? It's got to be.  In CA, I have received a mail in voting ballot/envelope sent to me for every single election since I was eligible to vote. It was always the normal routine.  I still voted in person nearly every time just because I live in a small enough city that the wait was never long than 30 mins, but the *option* to vote by mail was available every single time.  It just is amazing to me how Trump has managed to turn something normal into the bane of existence by lying about it for a month or so. 

1 minute ago, NoCalMike said:

So is mail-in voting different state to state? It's got to be.  In CA, I have received a mail in voting ballot/envelope sent to me for every single election since I was eligible to vote. It was always the normal routine.  I still voted in person nearly every time just because I live in a small enough city that the wait was never long than 30 mins, but the *option* to vote by mail was available every single time.  It just is amazing to me how Trump has managed to turn something normal into the bane of existence by lying about it for a month or so. 

Yes.  Some states automatically send you an application for an absentee ballot, some you have to request it, some states you need an excuse to vote absentee, some you do not.   In a handful of states, a ballot is automatically mailed to every eligible voter (no request or application is necessary).  All of the dates about when things happen are different.  And so on and so forth.  

2 hours ago, Destino said:

Trump is saying the quiet part out loud again.  He just admitted that he’s opposing funding for the post office to stop mail in voting.  This is incredible.  

There once was a time when sabotaging and/or directly causing harm to ones country for selfish gain might be punishable by death. The problem is, Benedict Arnold somehow got elected President.

9 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Once again when faced with the prospect of free & fair election integrity being destroyed, those "Patriotic" Militia Cosplayers seem oddly quiet.  Do they not get much news out there in the woods?

Nah, it's only when the "rights" of ignorant white folks are threatened that they choose to become "Patriots"

36 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

In a handful of states, a ballot is automatically mailed to every eligible voter (no request or application is necessary).  All of the dates about when things happen are different.  And so on and so forth.  

this is how it is in wa...mind-boggling it isn't this way everywhere...easy, safe, reliable, you get plenty of time to fill it out and send it in...in fact, for people/matters i may not be very informed on (usually numerous), it's a plus to me that i get all the traditional voter info about the various offices, candidates, and propositions to review, just like in the booth but this way it becomes something i can read at leisure (and not on a screen) before i make a choice...rather than scan it quickly in that booth and make that  choice after a few seconds thought...of course, prepaid postage and good availability on drop boxes everywhere

crazy it's not this way all over for this country

Archived