Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

1 hour ago, ShredSkins said:

Have they even considered that people who tested positive might go to this rally on purpose?

That's why it's in Oklahoma.  Even if the rally ends up killing 1000+ would-be Trump voters and angers a lot more, he'll still win Oklahoma.  

8 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

That's why it's in Oklahoma.  Even if the rally ends up killing 1000+ would-be Trump voters and angers a lot more, he'll still win Oklahoma.  

But apparently they had interest from 1 million+ for tickets. That still leaves the other 980,000 people that can't fit into the arena that could be from out of state. 

Donald Trump claimed on Monday that “one million people” had requested tickets for his campaign rally in Tulsa this weekend. The Tulsa World newspaper, however, backed the city’s top public health official in asking the president not to come.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/jun/15/trump-tulsa-rally-coronavirus-calls-for-cancellation

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Your presenting a false choice like that's not what he's going to do and I would agree with that.

I don't agree with assuming this will be close and making scared decisions, like who he picks for VP.  There are states that aren't traditional battleground states that directly attacking can help ensure he gets the senate.

Don't play safe and try to hold on to the Midwest for dear life, go for the jugular to force GOP to limit resources they can put in traditional battleground states they need because they can't afford to lose Texas.

Keep swinging and keep them on their heels until they fall out the back of the ring. There's a way to do that without leaving back door open in Midwest like Hillary did.

I fear Joe will not do much to win votes; if he feels he has it in the bag.  Hey, I am up 10 points in the polls; I don't need to campaign much. I can sit in my basement.  That's what I am trying to get at.  Joe will not do what is needed to win this race. He will assume because polls say he's leading; he will do very little.

As for his veep choice.  #1- The veep has to be ready to president from day one. I remain convinced Joe will not even serve out his full term and his veep will have to take over at some point.  #2- The veep brings enthusiasm to the ticket and hopefully, gives Joe the votes he needs to win the EC.  Is that Lizzy?  Is that Kamela?   My guess one of those 2 will be veep.

I said earlier, these are the states that I think will be contested by both sides:

Nevada, Arizona, Colorado,New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgina, Florida and maybe Ohio. 

Those states above are the ones that will probably decide the election and Joe must campaign heavily there.   He will have to some how physically campaign in those states. How, I don't know but he has to.  If Trump is going physically campaign with his rallies then Joe needs to find a safe way to do the same thing.  

12 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

But apparently they had interest from 1 million+ for tickets. That still leaves the other 980,000 people that can't fit into the arena that could be from out of state. 

I mean, the campaign asked for everyone, regardless of whether they could actually attend, to make the request because it was a massive data mining and fundraising opportunity.  It gave Trump fans a chance to directly engage with the campaign and show their support; but just because they filled out a short form online doesn't mean a million people actually planned on going to Tulsa.  

Edit:  Also, Trump claiming that something happened does not make that thing "apparently" true.  Not sure if you've noticed, but Trump is prone to exaggeration.  :)

13 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I fear Joe will not do much to win votes; if he feels he has it in the bag.  Hey, I am up 10 points in the polls; I don't need to campaign much. I can sit in my basement.  That's what I am trying to get at.  Joe will not do what is needed to win this race. He will assume because polls say he's leading; he will do very little.

This is the dumbest thing I've read in quite a while.   

4 minutes ago, Momma There Goes That Man said:

My sarcasm may not have made it through. But yes, i agree. 

Haha, sorry.  I was recently told the same thing as you said by an acquaintance who was very serious about the whole thing.  He's dead now.  

22 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I mean, the campaign asked for everyone, regardless of whether they could actually attend, to make the request because it was a massive data mining and fundraising opportunity.  It gave Trump fans a chance to directly engage with the campaign and show their support; but just because they filled out a short form online doesn't mean a million people actually planned on going to Tulsa.  

Edit:  Also, Trump claiming that something happened does not make that thing "apparently" true.  Not sure if you've noticed, but Trump is prone to exaggeration.  :)

This is the dumbest thing I've read in quite a while.   

Well, we had a candidate who thought she had in the bag and didn't campaign where she needed to.  

6 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Well, we had a candidate who thought she had in the bag and didn't campaign where she needed to.  

Was that candidate Joe Biden?

3 minutes ago, visionary said:

How much campaigning is Biden actually going to be able to do at this point?  Also I don't think rallies make as much difference as they used to.  

He’s doing a ton, it’s just all virtual for now.  He also has to fundraise a ton because Trump had a 4 year head start. 

23712279-7435-4E30-84DC-CBB4C4695CD7.png

4A82C660-2016-4182-A45F-B38FE0994AEC.png

260CCD98-875D-4AA6-A63F-7C47E991E5FC.png

2 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

There's no way Biden treats this as in the bag after what happened to Hillary, stop doing this to yourself.  Campaigning in non-traditional battleground states doesn't require ignoring traditional battleground states either.

As for his veep choice.  #1- The veep has to be ready to president from day one. I remain convinced Joe will not even serve out his full term and his veep will have to take over at some point.  #2- The veep brings enthusiasm to the ticket and hopefully, gives Joe the votes he needs to win the EC.  Is that Lizzy?  Is that Kamela?   My guess one of those 2 will be veep.

I agree it's gonna be one of those two at this point.  I've tried to make my case for Warren, but I can see Kamela making the case that she can better lead the law enforcement overhaul by owning she was part of the problem.  I can live with either at this point.

I said earlier, these are the states that I think will be contested by both sides:

Nevada, Arizona, Colorado,New Mexico, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Pennsylvania, Iowa, New Hampshire, Virginia, North Carolina, Georgina, Florida and maybe Ohio. 

Those states above are the ones that will probably decide the election and Joe must campaign heavily there.   He will have to some how physically campaign in those states. How, I don't know but he has to.  If Trump is going physically campaign with his rallies then Joe needs to find a safe way to do the same thing.  

I'm going to mark this list and see how many are showing double digit-leads after July 4th. For your own sanity, I think you should, too.

1 minute ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

I believe AZ because Kelly is a badass and I think it's having upticket mojo.

Georgia...... I still feel like that's insanity. Maybe if Lance-Bottoms is the VP pick. 

Agree.  I'm keeping the closest eye on Florida.  If Biden can win Florida, he only needs one other contested state (i.e., just one of Michigan, Arizona, Pennsylvania, NC OR GA).

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

So maybe everyone else can be quiet about it now.

Gotta sell tix to the thread, man!

I’m more worried about election interference and disenfranchised voters/polling location issues at this point. 

Joe’s gonna humiliate this ****er. I will not let myself think otherwise.

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

These polls look great until election day comes and people are showing up to 5 hour wait times at their polling places.   Suppressing the vote efforts are going to be far and widespread. 

And when Bill Barr announces “investigations” into all Democrats running for any office. 

Archived