Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election: 11/3/20 ---Now the President Elect Joe Biden Thread

88Comrade2000
Message added by TK,

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ain't that the ****in truth. It's like a damn constant echo.  Everyone is talking. Probably because ****ing American life as we know it is down to mere weeks.

Its straight rediculous, and better, working for the feds, completely unavoidable.  I have to tell folks "this conversation can't be over Teams" every week.

Regarding the Nate Silver map reflecting the current polls that visionary posted..I think Florida is going to wind up in the Trump column. I think the map is going to look similar to 2016, except Joe takes Mi and Wi, but not PA. The question will be if another state like AZ or maybe even OH goes to Joe to give him the win. I dont want to even attempt to do the math. The winner will not get 300 EV, IMO.

53 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Democracy will be dead in a little over a month.

Gentlemen, it’s been an honor posting on this message board with you.

Hey, I thought "Democracy dies in darkness".... I mean it was a good run, the Roman Empire was a republic for what 400 yrs i think b4 curruption and everything else sent it to hell... Lol... Hey we tried

Whats that old saying "power corrupts but absolute power corrupts absolutely".... All about power... Again to the white folks fighting for minorities, reproductive rights, women rights and sexual rights... Thanks for everything you guys do, it would have just been easy to sit on the sideline and say it doesnt affect me so not my problem... Even as a Baptist, its just disgusting how some people have no empathy for others and their suffering.....I will never understand the thought process of some of these people, unless its just feels good to them seeing other people suffer

1 minute ago, spjunkies said:

Screw that defeatist nonsense, rise up and remove these nuts from power. America has been rocked big time, but we will survive. 

I mean im voting but what else can i do... If the POTUS is catering to white supremacists and declares BLM a terrorist organization? 

20 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Screw that defeatist nonsense, rise up and remove these nuts from power. America has been rocked big time, but we will survive. 

We're barely surviving now as a country, and a lot of folks aren't surviving at all unfortunately. 

But we can't give up despite that, not while we still have some opportunity to make a difference. 

2 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Regarding the Nate Silver map reflecting the current polls that visionary posted..I think Florida is going to wind up in the Trump column. I think the map is going to look similar to 2016, except Joe takes Mi and Wi, but not PA. The question will be if another state like AZ or maybe even OH goes to Joe to give him the win. I dont want to even attempt to do the math. The winner will not get 300 EV, IMO.

The winner will be under 300. 

Biden wins WI, MI and AZ plus NE 2nd district; he gets 270.

4 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Am I wrong? Theres only one person I know i can accept being undecided right now, and not for lack of effort.

A percentage of the population are mouth breathing morons. I just saw a poll that said 7% of people who identify as Democrats said RBG's death made them more likely to vote for Trump.

2 minutes ago, Corcaigh said:

A percentage of the population are mouth breathing morons. I just saw a poll that said 7% of people who identify as Democrats said RBG's death made them more likely to vote for Trump.

You sure they're breathing?  They act like they're suffering from oxygen deprivation.

Ok.... heard this on WTOP just now. Normally you can find an article in their news stories but I can’t find one on this. So, if I misheard then sorry, but....

they just said DC’s vote counting system is such that in order for mail in ballots to be counted by the machine, 2 election officials (1 a democrat 1 a republican) must oversee taking each individual mail in ballot and “copy” the vote to card stock that fits the machine because the mail in ballots they made can’t be fed through the machine. 

that’s just asking for problems... even if it’s done by people with the best intentions and the best attention to detail... if we find out things like are more wide spread in practice... this is going to be a gigantic mess... 

someone else has to copy your vote down for it to be counted?! Good lord...

6 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

Sounds like a stupid poll.

I'm not going to react to that.

Just vote and cross this bridge when we get there, nothing matters if folks don't vote.

If I can survive 4 years, I can survive 8.  I have my plans, which start with voting. Weakass turnout again, its not Trumps fault he's president, all im saying. In meantime, I also am not in the mood for defeatism, can't think of one good thing that comes from it.

7 hours ago, China said:

You sure they're breathing?  They act like they're suffering from oxygen deprivation.

OT, how many undecided voters are possibly Republican voters that are leaning towards voting Biden?  I know a couple Trumpers on the edge and being called idiots is what keeps them from flipping.

Ok found an article. And it’s dc va and md that are this way

https://www.wusa9.com/mobile/article/news/verify/verify-print-ballot-at-home-voting-by-mail/65-5358a5eb-d019-4345-8fbd-47d1ea98bf95

If a ballot is printed at home in Maryland or Virginia, it will have to be hand-copied by an election official.

good lord this is going to be a mess. That’s entirely too easy to attack in court. It doesn’t matter if it should be easy, it’s going to be easy.   

so for md and va it’s a matter of whether you print it yourself. And I supppsed I get that, you can’t expect people to print to card stock on their own. But dc sent out ballots that cannot he fed through the machines. 

10 hours ago, tshile said:

It’s also not out of the realm of possibility she was a smarter-than-your-average-bear Trump supporter and was just trolling you. 

which is another reason public political discussions aren’t worth it 

Those exist, its true.  Although some are jus not as smart as they think they are.

I'm not gonna say I've never closed the door in our office to help finish a conversation about healthcare so I can get back to work.  Its jus so obvious we arent all working from the same facts sheet, many folks have been programmed to ask questions without processing the answer, making political discussion impossible with them, and yes, not worth it.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

Sounds like a stupid poll.

There has been a lot of chatter that the death of RBG would impact the election but no one knows which side might benefit more. It turns out from the results that it was pretty neutral and did not cause independents to lean much one way or another. But a (small) percentage of democrats said RBG’s death would make them more likely to vote for Trump. I’m not clear of that logic.

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I also am not in the mood for defeatism, can't think of one good thing that comes from it.

The best I can come up with us that it will be aggravating to pay close attention to US news media. Maybe get a summary weekly from a foreign publication. Think of all the time and aggravation saved.

12 hours ago, tshile said:

Honestly I stay away from politics in public. People get really mad (on both sides)

****s not worth it. 

This is not directed at you personally. Using this as a jumping off point for a broader point.  

I agree they get mad - and "we" can get mad too. But you have to try where it looks even close to possible. If we all just crawl into our respective corners this will only get worse. I actually reach out to people when I can. I try to listen - as hard as that can be. Don't get me wrong, many times I am thinking what a complete idiot. I have also been disappointed in people I had a great amount of respect for falling for the trump line. Admittedly once I hear someone is a trump fan, it's hard for me to trust them in anything. But we have to try. 

I have been successful a few times in at least getting people to think. I had a guy at work who is a trump guy - in fairness it's more a he hates dems guy which I think makes up a large portion of trumps base. We have tackled a few key topics and he had to admit he had to think some more on them. One in particular was student loan forgiveness - which honestly I am not for 100% loan forgiveness. But something has to be done to help those taken advantage of. Anyway, he found an article where there was a company who was helping students declare bankruptcy on their student loans (Yes, it is possible. But the burden of need is much higher than for straight corporate bankruptcies).  He said here we go, another free ride! I asked him if it was Ok for corporations to declare bankruptcy and he said of course it's business strategy (He is a purchasing agent for our company). He said it was perfectly legal. So I asked him what the difference was between students using the law to their advantage and corporations and he had no answer. We were talking in email. A few days later we saw each other in the hall and he admitted I had a point and had changed his position.  

We also had a conversation about guns - something I never thought he would budge. I asked if he was for gun control. He said NO! I asked if it was ok for a 4 y/o to have a gun. He said no. So I said you are for gun control then. It's just a matter of how much right? After a few minutes he had to admit I had a point but then of course went to the talking point that Dems want to take all the guns. I pulled most of the dem candidates (this was just about 8+ months ago) platforms and showed him each had levels of gun control that focused on mostly assault weapons and that none - zero candidates - advocated taking all guns away from everyone. From there we had an open discussion about guns. We remained in different camps overall but he and I conceded there was a middle ground to be had (unlike most candidates I would be thrilled if all guns were taken away but that's not the law, so there's that.)  

I have had many similar conversations with people I play golf with that I have never met. We just get paired. So it is in public. Sometimes I do not. But most times when I can I do.  Just this last Sunday a guy I never met complained the flag was at half mast because of RBG whom he hated. I looked right at him and said to me she is an American hero. We were just making the turn. He did not want to discuss in any more detail but he invited me to play with his group again this Sunday and I accepted. 

I bring this up to encourage discussion. Reach out to people who you know see it opposite, especially strangers. Yes, there will be some arguments and it can turn ugly in a hurray. But if you remain calm they will too much of the time. If they don't you can just walk away. But we have to keep trying or it will never change for the positive. 

43 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This is not directed at you personally. Using this as a jumping off point for a broader point.  

I agree with your post completely. 

experience has shown me I’m not good at this like you are. I need to improve on it before I can be effective. 

petermp or pf Chang made a lengthy post about this. I found insightful. I agreed with it like I agree with you. Unfortunately I’m not good at applying it. Need to work on it. 

Archived